gaming

the silence between us

It was not even a week later when the whole band met up with their former guitarist Alex in his small but comfy flat. Since Alex had to leave the band they couldn’t see each other as much as before but they tried to meet up as often as possible. Today they spent most of the time talking and playing PlayStation games, just spending some fun time together without thinking about anything stressful. After a while they teamed up for a game that was only meant for two players and because Toru already had enough of losing all the time decided to skip this one. So Taka and Alex played against Tomoya and Ryota. Last ones definitely had enough practice with their PSPs so it wasn’t much of a problem to lead the game. First Tomoya and Alex played against each other before it was the other’s turn to try and win the whole thing for their team. The blonde leader sat back on the couch while his friends sat on the floor in front of the TV. He watched the whole scenario with amusement but after a while, when he unconsciously started looking only at the vocalist, his thoughts slowly drifted off. Since Taka told him he was dating A~chan for real, something felt so wrong and different between them. The guitarist couldn’t describe it properly but for some reason there were moments when he couldn’t even look straight into his best friend’s eyes anymore.

He knew he should be happy for the other to have found a sweet girlfriend but somehow Toru couldn’t bring himself to honestly accept it. He didn’t even get proper sleep the past days because of too much thinking. In the first place he was worried because he never had such unreasonable jealousy before but also because he wasn’t jealous of Taka having a girlfriend but jealous of A~chan, that she got his best friend. Okay, there, he admitted it. But there was still some kind of logical explanation for all of this. The vocalist had been his best and closes friend since he agreed to join the band. For all these years the shorter male didn’t have any relationship so of course it would be weird for the leader if this happened. If you suddenly have to “share” your best friend with someone else you might get jealous. It was stupid but sometimes inevitable. Toru would learn to be okay with it, bury those stupid feelings as deep as possible and move on. He couldn’t be so confused because of such a reason.

“Oi, Toru!! How many times to I have to call your name until I get a reaction? Did you fall asleep or what’s up?” Alex voice and the soft hit against his shoulder brought the blonde back to reality. Toru blinked several times and scolded himself for spacing out with the others around.

“No, I’m not asleep, that’s quite impossible on your so-called couch. This is more like a block of cement.” The guitarist patted the rather hard seating next to himself and curled his lips in a teasing grin. He had to distract his friend from asking questions and teasing was the best way to do that. Alex let out a playful huff and pulled a face before slapping the younger’s shoulder once again.

“Pardon me, Sir, that my couch is not to your liking. Tomorrow I’ll immediately head out to get a new one that’s more suitable for your royal behind. I hope you can forgive me this cruelty.” The American tried to sound serious but his facial expression ruined the whole show and made it seem even more ridiculous than it already was. Taka, who had been looking at the two from his position on the floor, lifted an eyebrow and couldn’t help laughing about this absurd scene because Alex even bowed to underline his dramatic act. Even the leader couldn’t suppress to grin about this and slapped the elder’s head in the moment he bowed.

“Stop this nonsense idiot. You always have to make a scene out of everything.” The scolding didn’t really sound like one but that was fine for Toru. He didn’t mind those moments with the American at all. All of them enjoyed such stupid actions by their former lead-guitarist who always managed to brighten the mood with his silly behavior. Even after Alex broken-heartedly told them he would have to leave the band he managed to make a complete farce out of this moment so no one had the chance to be all sad after this particular decision was told.

“I’m seriously worried about your condition, can’t you tell?” The American let out a theatrical whining sound before scooting off the couch and on the floor. A second later Taka, who was so unfortunate to sit in the shortest distance, was wrapped by Alex’s strong arms who acted as if he was deeply hurt that Toru didn’t take him serious. The leader only rolled his eyes and leaned back without paying much attention to his idiot friend.

“No, I can’t tell. All the gesturing and exaggerated words must have clouded my perception.” The blonde grinned amused and watched how the vocalist struggled for a moment before slapping their friend right onto the head and finally coming free. Alex rubbed his now slightly hurting head with a sulking expression and Taka simply climbed on the couch next to the leader to get away from the American.

“Are you guys finished? We wanted to start the next game if you don’t mind.” Tomoya looked at the three before stealing the controller from the bassist’s hands and already chose a character for the upcoming round. Ryota complained about the stolen controller before his friend pointed out that his gamepad was right by his side. Alex got his own one and gave the other two controllers to his friends who were still seated on the couch. For a short moment Toru thought about joining their friends on the floor but in the end he decided against it. Not because the position was better for playing or more comfortable but because right now he didn’t want to lose the warmth he could feel thanks to the fact that the shorter male was sitting quite close to him. Taka was sitting cross-legged and his knee lightly touched the side of the guitarist’s thigh. Maybe he was feeling and acting strange lately but right now Toru felt at ease. It was fun with the others around and with his best friend close to him that it almost seemed as if everything was okay again. He didn’t know he would have to admit soon enough that everything was far from being okay…

 

-to be continued-