Special Bond

Florescence of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Areum tilted her head when she saw Baekhyun sitting down and leaning against the tree next to them. Just as she took a step and turned away halfway, she could feel something pull at the hem of her school uniform cardigan. Slightly confused, she turned around and gave him a wondering look. “Shouldn't we go back?” She asked, not sure what to do. His eyes now closed, the male let go of her cardigan and shook his head lightly, a comfortable smile spreading on his lips. “Nah,” he shrugged his shoulders, “When you're twenty minutes too late for class it's more troublesome than not appearing at all.” He then sat up straighter. “So, I'd rather skip.” 

 

Judging from the casual tone in his voice, the girl assumed that he probably arrived to class late quite often already. When she thought about it, she had to agree. Being twenty minutes too late would only cause the teacher to question you in detail why you were late, and as that was something she'd rather avoid, she sat down next to Baekhyun. “You're right,” she mumbled, leaning against the tree.

 

“Mhm.” As she heard him hum that, she stole a side glance at him, gnawing on her lower lip. The smile on his face absolutely showed how much he relished feeling of the sun shining on his face, as though this was the most blissful moment of his life. Areum had never felt so blissful only because of the weather, but somehow watching him made her feel at ease.

 

Baekhyun didn’t look as if he wanted to strike up a conversation, and the girl just continued to look at him from the corner of her eye. The scene in front of her looked picturesque and she had the urge to draw it onto paper, but at the same time she was too lazy to get her sketch pad and pencil out of her bag. She didn’t feel like tearing her gaze away to look for her utensils. So she just looked at it, trying to take in as much as possible to sketch it down later.

 

Areum was waiting for the male's eyelids to flutter – as a sign to stop staring – but that never happened, and soon a minute passed with him enjoying the sun embracing his skin warmly and her staring at him. “You're staring at me, aren't you?” He suddenly said, taking the girl aback, as his eyes were still closed.

How did he know? She thought, a light shade of pink tinting her cheeks.

 

“No,” she retorted nonetheless. She hadn't seen any big movement of his eyelids, so how did he know? “I know that you're doing that, so no need to lie,” he said and a smug smile spread across his lips. “Who could resist looking at this handsome face.” A hearty laugh could be heard, and the girl could only stare at him. He was being acting almost conceited at the moment, but why didn’t it bother her like the sports clubs' boys' arrogance? Was it his casual way of saying it? The slight hint of humor in his voice? She didn’t know, honestly.

 

Even more surprising to her, was the chuckle that slipped from her lips, resonating with his laugh. Was she really laughing with him at the moment? Him, a person she'd met two times. That was a first.

 

After that another wave of comfortable silence enveloped them, and slowly Areum's thoughts drifted off to elsewhere. To Baekhyun, that is. She wondered why she'd never seen him around when he was a senior; but then again a person could be standing right in front of her and she wouldn’t realize that person if she was lost in her thoughts – which happened quite often, actually. But something was making her curious: why had Yura and Minah reacted so defensive when they walked past him today? Was there something about him everyone but her knew?

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter