iii.

The Beautiful Curse

 

iii.


 

 Eunkyung was smiling so widely. She couldn't stress how happy and tingly she was all inside as she kept on stealing glances at Jung Daehyun, who clearly knows what she was all so giggly about. She snapped out of her daydreams when Daehyun threw a pencil on her head, "Yah, what was that about?!" She pouted as she massaged the part where the pencil landed on her head, "Tch." Daehyun tisked and gave a you-deserved-it look, "Stop that! It's really creepy, and you're creepy. Get out. That's not your chair anyway." Daehyun rolled his eyes and sat up straight once more as he "listened" to the teacher. "Wha... This guy." Eunkyung murmured to herself as she cursed Daehyun in her head while he didn't pay attention, "Oi. Are you really listening? Psh, that's just an excuse to make it look like you're so all so high and mighty. Well, mister. You are not." Eunkyung backfired as she pouted.

 

 "Aish." Daehyun turned to the side and raised an eyebrow, "Look who's talking, oh, I know! It's Kim Hana, the girl who just suddenly shifted classes since she can and the person who was spazzing over me a few minutes ago." Daehyun snickered as Eunkyung pinked with face that clearly denies to what Daehyun said, "W-Well excuse me. I wasn't spazzing over you, idiot. You're not even that handsome." She did a "mehrong". Yep, she lied. "Heh." The latter snorted, "I know I'm handsome. Everyone knows. Unlike you, you're not even that pretty in the first place." Daehyun spouted. It kind of hit a nerve at Eunkyung, "Why you...!" She was about to throw bombs at the handsome man, but she paused and blinked for a few times. He's right anyway... I don't have the right to argue. Wait.

 

 The time the two turned their heads around, they saw the class staring only at them, along with the teacher who cleared . Eunkyung gulped - It was punishment time. "Well, well... Jung Daehyun-ssi and Kim Hana-ssi, I didn't know that you two are that close. Oh, and please, do share to the class what you were discussing a little while ago." The teacher raised her eyebrow and crossed her arms, the other students let out a little laugh. Daehyun, who look like he wasn't bothered, got back to his original position. "B-But saem!" Eunkyung argued. "If it's not in front, then you'd better continue your little conversation outside. Out, now." The teacher pointed at the door with a stern look on her, "You've caught the attention of the other students for far too long."

 

 "Eh..." Eunkyung complained as she stood from her spot and headed for the door, trailing her from behind was Daehyun who followed the teacher's orders without any complaints. "Oh yeah." The teacher called their attention, who were about to head outside. "You won't come in until this period ends." She gave off a wrinkly smile.

 


 

 Daehyun sighed, "This is your fault." His eyebrows furrowed as he tried to maintain his balance. Their punishment was to stand there outside their classroom for an hour with their hands stretched out to the side. Eunkyung grunted as her hands went really numb, "Don't talk to me. It's your fault, not mine, so don't blame me. Aish, this is so troublesome." Eunkyung complained, her whole face was sweating a lot. "Heh." Daehyun took a look at Eunkyung's current state, "It's a huge turn-off seeing a queenka like you with that kind of face." He snorted, Eunkyung looked to the side and made a cranky look, "It's a huge turn-off knowing you're a complete jerk... And I thought you were so kind." She pouted as Daehyun shot her a confused look, "Have we met before? Do I know you or something?" He snickered, "Because I don't remember someone as bratty like you." 

 

 Eunkyung's mouth gaped wide open with a very, very shocked look. You do not say that to Kim Hana. She turned her whole body to the side, still with her hands hanging in the air like a scarecrow, "Why you...!" She kicked Daehyun's leg in impulse. It made a huge impact to the point that he forgot about the punishment and he held his aching foot, jumping up and down on his spot. Serves you right. She made a raspberry. "Oi, did you forget about the punishment? Saem~ Jung Daehyun-ssi is slacking off, not doing the punishment you put onto us~" She shouted near the door as Daehyun slapped her shoulder. "This girl..." He revenged as he grabbed her arms and put them down, "Oh look~ You're doing the same." He grinned. 

 

 "Yah! You jerk!" Eunkyung was about to throw another kick when he ran a few steps away, "Can't catch me now~" He stuck his tongue out. Choding. Eunkyung blew her bangs out of her sight as she went back to her spot and raised her arms once more, still having that painful look on her face. It has been thirty minutes since they did the punishment. Oh lookie here~ Daehyun neared her with his hands at his back, acting cute and innocent, "Well, well~ We have a good girl here. You really like having punishments, huh?" Eunkyung ignored him as he kept on teasing the girl, throwing her a lot of mehrongs. "At least I'll not get punished later, you still don't know Saem's rules since you're a newbie, don't you?" She hissed. Daehyun raised an eyebrow, "Look who's talking. I've been in this class since yesterday while you were just here in thirty minutes. And it's your first day in this class, you had been punished already. Tsk, tsk. Bad girl. That'll easily ruin your reputation." Daehyun grinned, feeling a great sense of achievement inside of him. He was honored to see the school's queenka covered in sweat and standing there like a scarecrow.

 

 Oh yeah, he's right. Still, Eunkyung rolled her eyes, "Leave me alone." She ordered Daehyun with a really sterny look, it even gave him chills under his spine, "W-Well I don't want to." He pouted and leaned on the wall beside her as he tucked his hands inside his pockets and looked up. Really? Is he stupid or what? He's gone haywire! He decided to just stay here than cut classes or something. Eunkyung peeked at him in deep thought. She closed her eyes with her lips pursed and exhaled deeply, trying to easen the pain bestowed on her. Daehyun took a glance and frowned.

 

 "You know..." He held her arms and kept them straight, the sudden action made Eunkyung look at him as her eyes widened like an owl's. Eh...? She blinked twice, or maybe even thrice. Daehyun kept his head low, "...You don't have to do this, if it's already painful, just stop and say so." He tightened his grip on Eunkyung's arm whilst she blushed at his statement. Wa... Now you're small talking me? "W-What are you talking about? I'm n-not doing this for you, pabo." She averted her eyes and looked at every single corner of the quiet hallway, wherein they were the only two people who were in there. "...Oh really?" Daehyun neared her as Eunkyung looked to his side once more and blinked an awful lot of times. He took a bunch of Eunkyung's hair and kissed them, making her blush real hard. T-The heck is he d-doing?"Are you sure?" He looked up, still not releasing her hair. Her heart was thumping a lot, her mind went completely blank and her lips were trembling.

 

 Just because of one sentence.

 

 "...I-I." Eunkyung stuttered as she gulped, Daehyun leaning near her even more. Without realizing it, she put her arms down as she saw that Daehyun's face was a few centimeters away from her, their noses and lips almost touching each other and making contact. The young man carressed her hair with his thumb, still not looking away from her eyes. He gazed into them. He drilled a hole unto it; he studied her eyes, they were so wonderful and detailed. It was of the color dark brown, and he adored how they sparkled under the shade of faint light. He adored how curious it was, how they were so alluring that even him can't escaped it's traps. He liked how it would always shake and stir; he liked the way how it wanted to look away but can't. It can't also escaped Daehyun's traps. Eunkyung felt his light breathing, they were hot and... Warm. Her mind felt fuzzy and all, she felt light headed for some reason and her whole body was flying all over, her feet were no longer on the ground. 

 

 Daehyun held her chin up and brushed past her face to her ear, which made Eunkyung tremble so much she couldn't nearly move, not even a single muscle. She could feel Daehyun's heavy breathing, they were really hot that it made her heart race so fast. Breathe in, breathe out... That's all what she could ever feel and think about. Her mind was only focused on one thing - Jung Daehyun. I can't... Think straight. She closed her eyes so tight that she couldn't even see a single hint of light as Daehyun whispered something on her ear - 

 

  "...Just who are you?"

 

  ...What?

 

  She opened her eyes wide, the sentence made her face cringe and her heart skipped a beat. She wasn't expecting that one sentence to come of of Jung Daehyun's mouth. Usually, he would be bad mouthing her about how lame she looked and that she actually expected some romance thingy to happen. But no, Daehyun was already suspicious since he first entered the scene. And he was even more suspicious now, just how much did he know? 

 

 "You're not even that pretty in the first place."

 

 Eunkyung gulped, her heart pounded out of her chest and her lips trembled. It was the truth, afterall. How did he... She ran her eyes to the side, where she only saw Daehyun's perfect jawline. It was wonderful and really y. Wait, that wasn't the right time to fangirl over body parts. It was no time for body , there was a really serious situation in front of her and she wasn't even thinking of a plan on how to deal with it. Well, since she couldn't think afterall. Her mind was messed up, it was like an unrecycled garbage can. Everything and anything was mixed up into one. "What are you..." She tried to argue, but that was all what she managed to say. Why would she argue, anyway? He was right. "Don't try to hide anything anymore. I know everything." Daehyun whispered once more, letting out another round of hot air.

 

 Her eyes twitched. Why... She knew that she was in trouble. A very deep one. For a while, she heared the door knob of their own classroom. The teacher got out, holding two book and some lesson plans on her hands. Eunkyung noticed this, so she straigthened up like a good military soldier in training and stretched her arms once more. Daehyun took two steps backward and tilted his head at her with curious eyes. What is she up to now? "Ahem." The teacher cleared , crossed her arms and used her other free hand to adjust her thick glasses. Eunkyung shifted her head a bit and forced out a smile, while Daehyun leaned back on the cold, off-white wall once more, looked up and sighed. "Jung Daehyun-ssi, why are you just chilling around doing nothing?" The teacher emphasized the word "chilling" by using a finger and made some swirling motions. Daehyun rolled his eyes and sighed once more, "Well then, Hana-ssi?" The teacher called.

 

 "Y-Yes ma'am?!" She answered like a professional cadet, "I've expected more of you." She pointed a pen at her as Eunkyung made a 60 degree bow, "Yes, I'm sorry. That won't happen again." She answered apologetically. "Good." The teacher nodded as her lips curled into a faint smile. "As for you." She referred to Daehyun this time, "I'll see you at the office by twelve." She warned Daehyun and walked away. "Tch." Daehyun complained as he scratched the back of his head. The whole place was awkward and silent, so Eunkyung wanted to break it off.

 

 "I told you there'll be punishment after this. Only for you, that is."

 


 

 Youngjae did some stretching before he ran towards Eunkyung along with the others, "Yo~" He grinned as he tried to jump on Eunkyung and attacked her to surprise her, but it was a total failure. "What do you want!?" She made a grouchy face while Youngjae raised an eyebrow, "Woah, slow down! What? 'Ya mad or something?" He asked the girl as he raised both hands up, signalling her to calm down. "Hey, hey~ What's up with you both? Having a lover's quarrel, eh?" Himchan put both arms on the two. They were all chitty-chatty here and there as Yongguk, Zelo and Jongup watched in the background. "No! Nothing!!!" The two reddened as they disagreed with Himchan's statement. "Okay, okay... Sheesh." Himchan pouted.

 

 "Where's Daehyun-hyung?" Zelo tilted his head cutely. "Dunno. He might be in the faculty room or something." She shrugged a shoulder with a little frown as she unlocked her locker. "What? How do you know that?" Yongguk butted in and raised an eyebrow with his arms crossed. Look who actually cares. Eunkyung didn't give Yongguk even one stare and answered him back coldly, "So what? I shifted classes. Like you care, oppa." 

 

 Yongguk raised an eyebrow. Oppa...? "What?! You shifted classes? Since when? Why? What class are you in right now? Daehyun and you are classmates?" Youngjae dropped Eunkyung a lot of questions. "Look, I did shift classes. Just a while ago morning. You won't ever know my schedule and so what if Daehyun and I are classmates?" She answered all his questions in one go. Youngjae nodded speechless. Look who's taking interest with the new guy. Himchan snickered. Eunkyung opened the door to her locker and noticed a piece of paper fall out of it. She raised an eyebrow, studied it carefully since it was too suspicious and picked it up. Maybe it's a love letter? Psh, of course it is. I'm Kim Hana now. Duh. "Noona?" Jongup called, "What's that?" He asked, pointing at the small piece of paper. "Another one." She shot him a small smile as he nodded in understanding. It read: 

 

Meet me at the rooftop at 12:30 noon sharp. 

I'll be waiting.

Don't bring anyone along with you.

I know everything...

- Jung Daehyun

 

 Eunkyung gulped after reading the letter, "An important one..." She mumbled to herself. I knew this guy was some serious trouble by the time he got into the scene. "...Guys, I'll be right back." Eunkyung closed her locker shut and ran on the other direction opposite of the boy's. "Eh? Why?" They all asked. "Something came up!" She shouted back and kept on running fast along with her bag at her bag.

 

"An important one." Yongguk whispered.