Luck

Different lives. One heart.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Dara’s POV

“Finally.” I huffed resting both my hands on my knees.

 

I was now standing outside the Yang Corporation. Looking at how big this building is and thinking about the other companies the Yang’s possesses they really are one of the multibillionaire families in Asia.

 

I can’t believe that I got the chance to work here and as a secretary of the CEO at that. How lucky can I be?

 

I stopped from spacing out when I remembered that I was running late and hurriedly went inside. I walked to the reception area and the receptionist greeted me warmly.

 

“Hi, what may I help you with?” she asked.

 

“Umm may I ask what floor is the President’s office?” I said with a smile.

 

“Oh do you have any appointment?” she asked again.

 

“I’m the newly employed secretary. Kwon Sandara.” I replied.

 

“Ahh, Ms. Kwon. Just wait a sec.” She dialled a number on the phone.

 

“Ms. Kwon is here......Yes, I’ll send her now.” She said on the phone and hanged up. She looked at me and smiled again.

 

“The president’s office is in the 30th floor. He is still not here but Mr. Kang is already waiting for you.” She informed. I thanked her and left.

 

I went inside the elevator and pressed the 30th button. It was the last and highest floor.

 

Hmmm strange. I thought while looking at the button. It was different from the rest, the number 30 is painted red and the whole button is made of...

 

“What the? Gold?” I asked myself surprised.

 

I touched it. “Is this true?” No doubt that they really are superbly rich.

 

I tilt my head, curios on why this button is not the same as others. I bumped my right fist on my left palm. “Of course that floor is where the president’s office resides.”

 

Nearing the 30th floor, I arranged myself, combed my hair and wiped my fogging glasses. I was irritated at the thought that I’ll be working with this company wearing an old fashioned glasses and a suite that is one sized bigger than me.

 

I checked my reflection on the elevator. “Ugh I looked like an ajummah .”

 

Ding.

 

The elevator opened indicating that I am already at the said floor. I was shocked to see that this floor looked nothing like an office. If I may say, it looked so much like a very large pent house. It felt like a big house and nothing more.

 

There were no other employees on this floor. Weird.

 

“Ah excuse me.” Someone said behind me and I turned around. It was the staff that hired me.

 

“Oh and you are?” he said startled. I frowned then I remembered that the first time he saw me I don’t look like this. A nerd.

 

“Hello I’m Kwon Sandara. Nice meeting you again.” I bowed politely.

 

“Ms. Kwon?” he said surprised. He cleared his throat and continued. “I’m sorry I did not recognized you but you seem different from the first time I saw you.” He said.

 

“Ahh I’m sorry I lost my contact lenses and I have a very poor eye sight that’s why I wore this thick glasses.” I lied.

 

“Oh that’s why.” He said while observing me.

 

“Umm do I look nothing like presentable?” I asked worried.

 

 “Ah no. Its okay you look much better this way in front of the CEO.” He said. I smiled at him but frowned on his words that I look much better this way in front of the president. It hurt my pride a little that someone said that it suites me being a nerd.

 

 “He won’t make a move on you.” He mumbled on himself so soft that I didn’t have the chance to hear it. I ignored it not wanting to meddle.

 

“The important thing is your capability on the job.” He continued.

 

“Yes.” I replied.

 

“Let me introduce myself, I’m Mr. Kang Jung Ill. Main butler of the Yang Family.” He bowed, I gasped. Never in my life had I thought that I will get a chance to meet a real butler. Even though our family is well off (of course not as rich as the Yang’s) we don’t have a butler. Being a gangster family, having a butler is kind of not suite a gangster. We have servants but we don’t specifically po

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter