Chapter Eight

From Friends To Lovers

I know I promised some of you that I would update yesterday, but my internet was playing up ='(

 

So here it is (even though it's a little rushed and jumps to place from place at times)!

Chapter Eight:

*

With the morning sun rising, it's glares shone through the glass windows of 2PM's dorm, the glare stirring Minjun awake. He noticed that all the boys were still passed out around him on the living room floor, the aftermath of a night spent talking and catching up with their beloved leader now sprawled amongst Chansung and Wooyoung on the ground. Empty beer bottles were thrown around the place, packets of potato chips ripped open, and even the odd peanut here and there. 'This is gross. Even by my standards,' he thought to himself. Pulling himself up, he grabbed the cushions from under Taecyeon, using it as a tool to wake everyone up. "Yah! Ok Taecyeon! Get up! We need to clean this mess. It's filthy in here! Park Jaebeom! Hwang Chansung! Jang Wooyoung! Lee Junho! Nichkhun!"

*

She hated the fact that she had caught  the first plane possible back to Seoul.

She hated how her hormones were so over the place that she did not even hesitate before boarding the plane.

She hated how she was so desperate to get back that she had not even had time to thank Mrs Hwang for her care this past week in Los Angeles.

But most of all, she hated how she wanted to be back.  And just like he had said in the press conference, Yoona wanted to be back in his arms.

Life played in funny ways for every individual. For Jessica, it had been because of the media that her beloved had to leave the country; but for Yoona, it was because of the media that she had run away to avoid her beloved. Yet here she was, flagging down a taxi back in Seoul after a little more than a week spent abroad in the US. Whether or not her hasty decision to come back was the right choice, she would not know until she came face to face with Mr Ok himself.

She had spent the 13 hour flight restless, unable to stomach the food brought to her, unable to sleep. She had expected for him to be outraged and angry when he found out, but she didn’t expect her girls to reach breaking point so easily, and she hadn't expected him to make such a public declaration of love for her. All the things that she had done in the past month were suddenly undone by his one action, and she was now back to square one. After being together for four years, she found that she still did not understand him fully.

Restless on the plane, she thought of the first time they had argued. Thinking back, it hadn't been that big an argument, nor had the actual problem itself been that much of a problem, but it was a part of what made them them, nonetheless. For nine months, their relationship had been in the stage of bliss, and it wasn’t until distance had put a strain on their relationship. Their respective bands were rapidly gaining recognition, in Korea and abroad. 2PM stormed into the Southeast Asian music markets, while Girls Generation attempted their break into the US market. The time they had to spend together started to get less and less, and being the carefree young adults that they were, they took the time they had together for granted. They would go on for weeks without contact, and when they both finally had the time to give the other a call or a Skype session, they would get angry at one another for no logical reason. Their bandmates would always seem to notice the aftermath of their arguments. She would become someone she wasn’t - without Taecyeon, her moods changed dramatically and the eight other girls noted that Yoona had become a person who was either strangely quiet, or intensively immature. While he, on the other hand she had later learned, would become immersed in his work, and kept himself busy (if he wasn’t already busy enough) by fussing and hassling over unnecessarily over his boys. They were both immature, and did not realise the need to treasure the time that they spent together. It was a simple problem that could have been solved easily, but their need for one another was so immense that they were blinded by their desperation to love each other more, that they could not truly treasure the precious moments they had. They were oblivious, but it was obvious to their bandmates that the only reason they got angry at each other for no reason was because they missed each other and did not want to acknowledge that fact. When Yoona had gotten off over the phone with him crying one night, she had believed that within a week's time, they would be over. Instead, they had both flown to Hawaii for a weekend getaway, thanks to the help of Tiffany and Minjun, to patch things up, their love coming out stronger than ever.

Then the thought of their anniversaries came up.

The celebration of their first year together was spent in a remote little cottage, a few hours' drive out of Seoul. Jay's Myspce post had been dug up, and the boys schedules had been suddenly cleared for the next few months, while SNSD's group activities had ended for the time being; so the two were able to spend the weekend away out in a small town where no one would know of them. She recalled how sweet Taecyeon had been. He had organised the whole weekend away for the both of them, not letting her help out with a single thing. The 3 day weekend had been pure bliss. The cute little cottage they had stayed in was situated on the beachside, and their bedroom had a big enough window for the morning sun to shine through. She remembered the sun's rays shining into her eyes those mornings, and she would snuggle closer to Taecyeon to avoid the discomfort on her eyes. She would feel him laugh heartily at her dislike towards the sun hitting her eyes, and he would kiss her forehead before bringing her closer to him. Later, she had learned that during those mornings, he had purposely woken up earlier, just to watch her scrunch her eyes when the light hit her eyes and snuggle closer towards him. The small town was a short walk from their weekend haven, dominated by small boutique shops and cherry blossom trees, like a picture out of a fairytale. Every morning, they would walk hand in hand down to the little coffee shop for breakfast, and she would hand over the reins to Taec, for him to choose something for them to eat. He knew her so well, that every single time, he would always pick out something that she herself didn’t know she craved. The weekend they had spent there to celebrate was pure bliss. There was no one to interrupt them, no one else other than themselves to think about. Remembering the long walks they had taken along the beach each evening brought a smile to her face. She would purposefully forget to bring a jacket with her, just so that Taecyeon would hold her close to him, his body heat emanating from him to her. She had liked the people there too - they knew who they both were, but they were kind enough to keep their relationship a secret as the pair of lovers' weekend getaway was not reported in the media.

The second year, they stayed with his sister in Boston for a week.

"What do you think about going to Boston this year for our anniversary?"His sudden question brought her alert from her sated state.

"B…B-Boston?" Slowly, she lifted her head from his chest. Was he being serious?

The look on his face told her otherwise. He was looking right at her, waiting patiently for an answer from her. "You know my sister and her husband have been meaning to meet you. And Mom and Dad would love it if you went over to visit them. Every time Mom calls me, she keeps asking when I'm going to bring you back. She misses having you around,"

A sense of joy suddenly surged through her body, and it wasn't from the circles that Taecyeon had been drawing on her with his fingers. No, this was a joy of finally being able to meet the rest of his family in person. This would be another step in their relationship. So often Yoona had heard him ramble on about his older sister, a clear indication of how much he respected her and loved her, and this was the opportunity to finally meet the woman who helped to bring up Taecyeon, and turn him into the gentlemen that she was so in love with today. "Let's do it then," she smiled at him. "Let's go spend a week in Boston. I miss your mother. And I want to meet your sister. In person."

She remembered how happy she had been that week in Boston. Yoona and Taec's sister had clicked instantly. They found that they had shared the same characteristics of Taecyeon which annoyed them, and Taecyeon's 3 year old niece had taken a very deep liking towards Yoona. The week was completely paparazzi free, and she revelled in the fact that they could be a normal couple as they roamed around the streets of his adopted hometown, hand in hand. She met each and every one of his American friends, hearing stories of her boyfriend's childhood in the US. That week, she had learnt so much about the man that she had fallen deeply in love with.

The third year, they went to the Maldives.

"I want to go to the Maldives this year."

Her answer to his question of where they should go this year was more of a demand than a suggestion.

"Babe, not that I don’t want to go, but you can't swim honey." Taecyeon pointed out while feeding Yoona strawberries in bed. "There's not much to do there apart from playing in water,"

"I don't care," she said before eating the chocolate covered strawberry he held up for her. "Nichkhun oppa and Victoria unnie went there when they were filming for We got Married. Victoria unnie can’t swim either and she still had a good time,"

Little did she know that his mind had drifted to his conversation with Nichkhun a few days after the Thai had gotten back from the Maldives.

                 'It's an amazing place Taec, it really is. It's like paradise. I think Vic mentioned something about the cast of Boys Over Flowers filming there too. Chicks dig that place bro. You swoon them, take them shopping, go swimming, a romantic candlelit dinner, and then BAM, you great afterwards with the scenery to go with it,"

                Taecyeon looked over at his friend, a look of concern on his face. "Dude, if you're in a relationship with Victoria just for the , then that's wrong man,"

                "I was just being hypothetical! And it's not like you don't like doing the deed with Yoona…"

                "Leave my girlfriend out of this. Our relationship is built on trust and love, not just amazing ,"

                "Yeah? Well I beg to differ and I'm pretty sure everyone else can back me up on this. We're having to 'book' the residence in Gangnam because you and Yoona are always there doing whatever it is that you guys do in your bedroom. The six of us paid an equal amount towards that vacation house!"

                "Hey! Just because Yoona and I spend most of our time there in my bedroom does not necessarily mean that we are always having . It's called having some private time without wanting the rest of you interrupting,"

                "Dude, all I'm suggesting is that you think about taking Yoona there. And I'm not just saying that so you can get lucky."

Though their little getaway in the Maldives wasn't quite like Nichkhun and Victoria's, Yoona clearly remembered just how happy she and Taecyeon had been while they were over there. She loved how they had stayed in the resort where their rooms were hovering over the sea, and how she could hear the waves crashing softly when she woke up next to Taecyeon in the morning after endless late nights together. She remembered how he made her breakfast every morning, and in turn, she would try cook him dinner. But his incessant kisses on her neck and roaming hands would always cause they couple to end up in the bedroom rather than in the kitchen, and they would resort to either calling for room service or eating out at the night markets. She loved how he held onto her tightly in the sea when she said she wanted to go for a splash, how he promised her to not let go of her while they played together in the water.

He didn’t let go of her even for a nanosecond when they were in the water, and she knew that he would never let their relationship end even if it killed him. So why did she run from him as soon as she found out she was pregnant with his child? She had thought this whole time that her letting go of their relationship would somehow benefit and protect Taecyeon's career. The only thing she didn’t realise until she saw his press conference on the internet, was that she was hurting him by running. She was depriving her child, Taecyeon and herself of love, and she hated herself for thinking that she was doing the right thing when she wasn't.

Her father had been right. She would only cause those around her with pain if she ran away, just like how her mother did when she had left. She didn't want her child to hate her like how Yoona despised her own mother for breaking apart their family. Though her father had done an amazing job at raising two daughters single handedly, there were always time when she felt different from the other kids in the playground, who all seemed to have a loving mother. No, she didn’t want her child to ask her who or where their father was.

So here she stood, outside of the 2PM dorm, wanting to ask for forgiveness, wanting to be back in his arms, and wanting to make sure that her child would grow up in the perfect family environment. She was back for her child's sake, but she was also back because she loved Taecyeon with all her heart that it ached when he wasn't around. She was back, and she was back for good.