Chapter Five

From Friends To Lovers

 

Kind of rushed, don't know if it makes any sense, but at least its up, right? RIGHT?

 

 

*****

 

Chapter Five:

Throughout the whole drive to the airport, only one thing was on Ok Taecyeon's mind. Yoona was pregnant. She was pregnant with his baby. Now it all made perfect sense - the sudden break up, her not returning his calls, and now she planned to run away. He knew her better than anyone else did. She thought running away with his baby would be the best thing - it wouldn’t ruin their careers, especially his now that he was just returning to the k-pop scene. God, she was stupid sometimes. How could she think such a thing? Everything happened for a reasonsShe was stupid, but she was still his Stupid, she would forever be his Stupid. Now if only he could find his Stupid. Jessica had said that her flight didn’t leave until half an hour… and with his speeding on his way over, he was left with only 10 minutes to find her. Silently he prayed that luck would be on his side today, before entering this giant building, sprinting towards the departure gates.

*

"Oppa!" Tiffany cried when she saw Minjun, and she broke into a run towards him. He caught her in a hug, embracing her tightly, hearing her sob into his chest. He may not have known what had triggered this sudden outburst, but he was content with knowing that she had thought of him at such a time. Past experience with Tiffany had taught him that all she needed right now was for him to hold her - so he did just that. Bringing her to the seats nearby, he pulled her into him tightly, his hands her hair. "Oppa," he heard her again. "I've done something wrong. Something really wrong. I don't know how to fix this,"

He kissed the side of her head, hating to see her so upset. "It can't have been that bad Tiff," he tried.

"No." She pulled slightly from his embrace, just enough so she could look into his eyes. "Kim Minjun, listen carefully. I just helped Yoona leave Taecyeon oppa. I just helped her in running away! I probably also just destroyed their relationship by not telling Taecyeon she was leaving and that Yoona is pregnant, carrying his child halfway across the globe!" Tiffany couldn't help it anymore. She had to let it out.

Minjun was shocked. Yoona was pregnant? No wonder Tiffany had been acting all funny around him. She would have promised Yoona not to tell a soul about the baby. She had finally reached breaking point, and it hurt his heart knowing that she felt like she had ripped apart the two lovers. He couldn't think of anything to say to her, so he tightly pulled her closer to him, letting her know he still loved her through his action.

"Tiff," A male voice appeared from behind the couple. "Please tell me that Yoona hasn’t boarded her plane yet. Tell me she hasn't gone through customs yet." Desperation screamed in Taecyeon's pleas.

Tiffany stilled. What was Taecyeon doing here? Who had told him to come here?

"Tiffany, it's okay. I know. I know everything," Taecyeon tried to coax the girl. "Now where is Yoona? Where's the mother of my child?"

"She's gone Taec," he heard her voice, barely a whisper. His world seemed to stop. She's gone? But she can’t be! There are so many things he hasn’t told her, so many things they haven't done together. So many more 'I love you's' still to be said, a proposal still to be made. They had endured so much together, yet she had decided to run away.

He thought of the day when he finally mustered up the courage to ask her out, during the Family Outing episode that Tiffany had guest appeared on. Tiffany was the one that had urged him to ask her out before the recording had started, Junho encouraged him to chase after the person that he had loved since the very beginning when his eyes met her. And so he did - while they were playing the chicken game, he had slipped her a note when she turned to talk to him while they were in the background of the game, to meet him at the lake after the recording. Her smile echoed yellow, the colour of happiness which they were both wearing that fateful day.

*

Relaxing back into the seat she was led to on the aircraft, Yoona settled herself, preparing for the 13 hour flight to Los Angeles that had just taken off from Incheon. Was she doing the right thing by leaving? She didn't know. She hoped it was though. She had already come too far to turn back, too many risks if she didn’t leave. She loved Taecyeon, she always would, but that didn’t mean that she had the right to ruin his career. That's why I'm leaving, she thought to herself. I’m leaving because I love you. If I don’t come back, maybe one day in the future, you will find out about our child. Maybe.

She thought of when they had first gotten together, after a Family Outing recording. When she had first read the note that he had slipped to her, she was surprised. There was the unspoken knowledge that the two had feelings for each other, it was just that being the rookie idols that they were, they were too scared to speak their minds and act on the interest that they had in each other. The Family had always teased them both, trying to get them together as a couple, and despite their efforts, the two would intentionally steer clear of each other during recordings. So when Taecyeon had slipped her that note, she knew what was coming her way; as a result of Tiffany and maybe even Junho's presence on the show that day.

A smile spread on her lips just thinking about this, reminding her just how perfect Taecyeon was, and how much of a role Tiffany and Junho had played in the two meeting up at the lake, the beginning of something beautiful. It was unfortunate that their something beautiful together had only lasted so long.

She remembered that it had been fairly cold that night down at the lake even with her yellow jacket - that coincidentally, matched with Taecyeon's - away from the fire that the producers had going back at the campsite. She looked out into the lake waiting for his arrival, thinking how calm the water was, and evaluating the day that she had. She had gotten to spend a whole day and another tomorrow with Tiffany - that in itself had made her happy. Being the face of their group, it often meant that Yoona didn’t get to spend as much time with her girls as she would have liked, so she was grateful that Taecyeon had brought along Tiffany. In the midst of her thoughts, she almost yelled for help, fearing that it was a who had s their arms around her waist from behind. But then she heard his voice.

"Don't worry, it's only me," Taecyeon said softly into her ear. "You should've brought a jacket with you, you look cold even from behind when I was walking over here,"

"Well maybe if you didn’t take so long to get over here, I wouldn’t have had to stand out here in the cold for so long oppa!" she retorted. Annoyed at him for being late when he was the one who asked her to meet him here, she tried to wriggle out of his embrace. Who did he think he was anyway?

He knew what she was trying to do, but Taecyeon had feared that he wouldn’t be able to say what he wanted to say if he looked into those eyes of hers. "Don't move, you'll just be even more cold Yoona," he persuaded her and felt her give up on the idea. Instead, she leaned back into him, admitting that she was indeed cold, and his arms brought her closer to his own body heat. "We can't keep playing this game you know,"

She was confused. "What game?"

"Me and you. This courtship game. It's gone on for long enough, don’t you think?" She felt his hands run down her arms, and followed them into her own pockets of her jacket, where her hands were shielded from the cold weather. The warmth of his hands met hers, as he intertwined their fingers together in her pockets. She was surprised at his boldness. "I don't want to play this game of cat and mouse with you anymore Yoona. It gets tiring you know. Having to intentionally stay away from you is taking its toll on me when all I want to do is just be with you every single second," He paused and thought for a second, and for a moment, Yoona thought he was going to take all his words back. "I need you and want you. I seriously hate whatever game it is that we've been playing for the last six months, I don’t like it, it leaves me hanging by myself in the end when you walk away from me every time,"

She kept quiet. How was she to respond to his confession?

*

He remembered how ecstatic he had felt when he felt her fingers tightened around his hands after he had told her about his feelings, expressed to her how he felt about the game that they had played. He knew her well, and her grasp on him told him exactly how she felt, and what she thought. She wanted to be with him.  And that’s when he turned her around, brought her to him so he could look into her eyes, captured her lips in his, sharing their first kiss. Right in front of the Family, who were hidden behind a far off shed, watching the whole scene unravel.

"Fany-ah, don’t worry," the man tried to console his friend, kneeling down to look up at Minjun and Tiffany in the airport. "None of this is your fault. And I have a plan. I can't leave the country and chase after her when we've just made our comeback and have all these promotional activities planned, but I can do something that will bring her back to me for sure," Taecyeon smiled. "Hyung, take her back," he turned to Minjun, who he looked up to as a brother. "I need to see our manager. It's been a while since I've had a plan this big,"