Chapter One

From Friends To Lovers

 

"Sweetie," Jessica cooed a crying Yoona in her arms. "Talk to me honey. It's no good to keep these things in by yourself. Come on. Tell me what happened," Jessica Jung was one of her unnies that also belonged to the same girl group as Yoona - Girls' Generation. Though she may not specifically known the cause of her friend's crying, she could guess what had caused it. No, she could guess who had caused it. Because she and the rest of the girls had known about Yoona's underground relationship with the man who she guessed was responsible for Yoona's outburst. Ok Taecyeon. "Honey, come on. Tell me what happened before someone else walks in here and finds out you're crying,"

Receiving tissues from Jessica, Yoona dabbed at her eyes. She knew she was going to have to spill sooner or later, but she didn’t want to confirm what she had just done. It hurt her too much. Being idols, it was difficult to make relationships work when you had obsessive fans and crazy anti's. Don’t get her wrong, Yoona loved all her fans for it was because of them that Girls' Generation had gained so much popularity and love. But they were the ones that came to destroy idol relationships, a relationship that should have only been between two people suddenly becoming a messed up link between the couple, fans and anti's, the media, and the couple's respective companies. And that’s exactly what happened to her underground relationship with Ok Taecyeon.

A sudden knock on her bedroom door broke her thoughts. Who was here? As far as she knew, all the girls but herself and Jessica had schedules to attend to, and Tiffany was on vacation leave. As the door swung open, the sudden appearance of the latter shocked both herself and Jessica. She must have flown back from the States a day earlier to give herself enough time to adjust to the time differences, Yoona thought.

"What's going on, Sica? Why is Yoona crying?" Tiffany looked at the two girls.

"I don’t know. She won't tell me," Jessica replied, giving Tiffany a worried look.

"What's wrong Yoona?" Tiffany asked softly as she joined the two girls on the bed, hugging Yoona in the middle.

If she wasn’t going to spit it right out, there was only one other way for Jessica Jung to get answers as to why her close friend was crying. And that was to ask if it had anything to do with him. "It's something to do with Taecyeon, isn't it?"

Yoona didn’t reply and Tiffany took this as a sign that Jessica was right. "I'm going to kill the guy," she whispered. Sure, Tiffany may have known Taecyeon since before their debut, but that didn’t mean that he would be let off making Yoona cry. It was one reason to let the couple work things out for themselves so they could become stronger together, but it was another for him to make her cry this hard. Yoona was a bubbly and cheerful character, the life light of all nine girls. To see her lose that sheer happiness hurt both Jessica and Tiffany.

*

"Bro stop drinking man," Minjun tried to take the bottle of alcohol from an intoxicated Taecyeon. He didn’t know what had happened for his room-mate to start drinking so heavily, but him and the rest of the members couldn’t do a thing. Neither would Taecyeon tell them what had actually happened to him. Having spent the day at home resting due to the flu, Minjun was concerned for his close friend who would usually come home talkative and joking, but this time quiet and depressed. Now, the members were all sitting in the living room watching Taecyeon down beer after beer.

"Hyung!" Junho attempted at scolding the man. "You need to stop drinking. You'll die of alcohol poisoning!"

"At least tell us what happened to you, hyung. Do you know how hard it is for us to sit here and watch you be like this?!" Wooyoung chimed in, frustrated that the real Taecyeon had suddenly disappeared, to only be replaced by a man who only knew how to drink away his sorrows. Whatever his sorrows were.

"She.." Taecyeon began speaking, to no one in particular. Then his eyes met Minjun's pleading eyes, who was still trying to get the bottle off from the intoxicated man, and he could no longer hold it in. Letting the tears fall from his eyes, he whispered to s, "Left me."

"What do you mean she left you? You mean Yoona?" Chansung was confused. As far as he knew, Taecyeon and Yoona's relationship was at a stage where they were pretty much mentally inseparable. "Hyung, what are you trying to say? Yoona would never leave you! Where did you hear this bull from?"

Minjun watched as his brother cried while Nichkhun successfully grabbed the bottle of beer from Taecyeon. Minjun couldn’t take it anymore - something big must have gone down between Taecyeon and Yoona for him to get this drunk and break down into tears. It didn’t make any sense to him, and being the eldest amongst the boys he had to get answers to be able to help his friend solve this issue. There was only one way to do that, and that was to call his girlfriend. Tiffany. Leaving the group, he decided to retreat out onto the balcony that overlooked the city of Seoul.

'Kim Minjun this is your girlfriend ringing, pick up the phone honey'  Tiffany's voice, his ringtone sang.

*

'You have to tell them sooner or later Im Yoona. There's no way avoiding this,' Yoona muttered to herself. "Girls?" she called out as she made her way from her bedroom in the dorm to down the hallway.  After her crying session earlier on in the afternoon, she had sent Tiffany and Jessica out of her room, feeling like she needed to be alone to think properly. After all, there was a crisis at the end of the tunnel.

"Oh," Seohyun let out as she saw Yoona. "Unnie, you're up from your nap?" The youngest of the girls noticed her puffed eyes, cracked lips and pale cheeks. "Unnie, are you feeling okay? I'll go get you a glass of water, you look sick."

Yoona grabbed at Seohyun's wrist before she could go anyway, and motioned for her to sit back down on the couch. "No, don’t. There's something I need to tell you girls,"

"Yoona, are you feeling alright? Why are you so pale?" Yuri asked, concerned for her room-mate and quickly placed her hand on Yoona's forehead for any sign of a temperature.

Before Yoona could reply, Sooyoung came bursting through in the living room from the bathroom. Anger and rage flared in her eyes, and Yoona's eyes widened in shock at what her friend held. "Who the hell's is this?! I'm going to lose it if no one tells me who is the owner of this damn stick!!"

"Sooyoung. Shut up and take your temper tantrum somewhere else," Tiffany hissed at the person waving the pregnancy stick around. Deep down, Tiffany had a feeling that Yoona had been fallen pregnant - the poor girl was more tired than usual, ate more than she usually did, felt sick more often, and she had also noticed that Yoona had gotten a tinsy bit chubbier.

"Yoona…" Taeyeon started, not sure exactly how to resolve this problem.

"Taeyeon. Don't." Tiffany warned, knowing this would only end up in a massive argument between the girls. Only God knew how many times the girls had argued, how many times friendships had been on the rocks, how many times the group became so close to disbanding. She knew they had to look at the bigger picture - if Yoona really was pregnant, they would have to work together to solve it, rather than stand around and throw insults, scolds, and screams at each other.

Yoona knew how much Tiffany loved her. Tiffany loved her to the point where she would accept all insults and tantrums thrown at her, to protect Yoona - she had done this so many times for her before, especially when the scandal had broken out that Yoona and Taecyeon were a pair. Tiffany, being both their friends had stood up for Yoona and protected her from countless scoldings that would have gone her way from their manager, their company, and most of all, the rest of the girls. But enough was enough - there will one day be a point where Tiffany will no longer be around to look after her. "I'm pregnant." Yoona whispered amongst the commotion that was beginning to build up between Tiffany, Taeyeon and Sooyoung. "I'm pregnant and it's Taecyeon's child." Silence reverberated throughout the room. Yoona could see Tiffany eyeing her not to continue on further, but this was her own problem, and Tiffany had done more than enough for her already. It was time to face the facts. "And I broke up with him today," she whimpered.

 

*

 

So... after some serious studying for law and commerce, and after some serious thinking, I have decided to extend this 'fic =)

 

Happy reading. xx