It's me...

You can't hide, from your true self

 

Trust me, trust yourself...

 

I was wandering, alone, in the dark woods.
I wasn't as scared as before, the woods somehow felt.... like... Home?
I was here and they were there... right?
The woods, they were dark and mysterious, just like the dephts of the Ocean.
What am I even doing here?
It was cold and wet, but it comfortable. The small stones which pierced into my bare feets just felt, good? Like I was already used to this.
My feets dragged me in here, away from the nightmare of life I had.
I rubbed my hands together, warming them up a little bit before bringing them up to my tears stained cheeks, warming them up also.
When I looked up at the sky, I regretted doing so. It reminded me that my Parent's were waiting for me up there to join them.
Tears were spilling again, I just wanted to stop crying but I couldn't, I was weak, I admit it.
I was hiding, hiding from something but... I don't know what?
I was so sure that no one would search for me, since I am just a worthless piece of life...

You are not worthless... You are powerfull and you are important! May not for them but for other's...

"What do you mean by that?" I asked the Voice. It was a bad decision to go into the woods with only a light dress and flats, which I lost while running. I was freezing.

Tell me, do you trust me even if you can't see me?

"I-I can't say that" I stuttered out. "It's hard to trust someone which you can't see... nor touch"

But you have to trust me, You can't see and touch me, but it has a reason behind this...

"Then what's the reason why I can't see nor touch you? Are you a ghost?" I gasped. I heard the Voice giggling.

Stupid! No, I am not a ghost... not exactly...

"Then, what are you when you are not a ghost?" I looked behind me and to my sides, trying to find someone but I didn't saw someone with me. Then I searched myself down for any devices but didn't found any. I sighed and waited for the Voice to answer.

There isn't a device detached on you. You are alone, maybe, alone in the woods, but....

The Voice trailed off. I groaned impatently and tapped my food on the ground.

You should guess what I am... I wanna have my fun, too...

Again, I groaned and rubbed my Temples. I started to walk again while thinking. It was getting darker and colder here and I have to search for shelter, for the night to stay in. Since I don't know from which direction I came from, I just walked deeper into the woods, hoping to find a cave for shelter.

Aren't you hungry? You didn't ate because of your stupid Aunt...

"My Aunt is NOT stupid!" I yelled at the Voice.

Why are you defending her when she is such a witch to you?

"She gave me shelter and food when my parents died..."

You are old enough to care for yourself now! Screw your Aunt! You don't deserve a life like that...!

"Why are you always saying that I don't deserve this and that!? How can you know things like that?!" I got angry. But mostly angry at myself when I realized that the Voice was right...

Because... I don't want to see you getting hurt! I care about you...!

"How can you care about me when you don't even know anything about me...?"

I just do... I know a lot about you... even the things which even you don't...

My eyes widened at what the Voice said. "W-What do you mean by 'even the things I don't even know'?"

I know more than you... I know what happened and what will happen...

"You can look for my memories and my future? Tell me about my past!" I wanted to know my past so bad. I forgot everything when I was thirteen years old, a car crash was the reason for it. Maybe, it can tell me why my parents died?

I know your past... I know your future... I know that you want to find out about your past and I'll tell you... but not now

"Why? Why not now?" I grew frustrated. I wanted to know it from the very beginning.

First of all, you should find shelter, it will begin to rain heavily soon...

I looked up at the sky and saw dark clouds covering the once blue sky. I searched for a shelter and found a cave near the river. I had water and shelter but what I wanted the most was food right now. I sighed when I realized that I have to search for it tommorow.

You should sleep, it's cold but when you sleep, you will feel warmer.... maybe...

My eyes suddenly got heavier and they started to drop, I felt tired and wanted to sleep but at the same time wanted to stay awake. Neverthless, my eyes won and I drifted off to dreamland on the cold, wet and hard stone floor.

*Dream*

I woke up in a white room, everything was unfamiliar but it had a home feeling. I looked down at myself and realized that I wasn't in my actual body. I was in a body of a little girl.

I stood up and walked over to the closet mirror, which had a huge mirror atached on it. When I saw myself, I gasped in shock. 

This was me, but the me when I was younger... What is this?

A knock on the door grabbed my attention and I looked at the door which was slowly opening. A man's head poked in and smiled sweetly at me.

"Sweetie, come down and eat breakfast with us." He smiled and then closed the doow again. Why did he had such an familiar aura around him?

I looked into the mirror agian and then walked out of my room. On this floor, there were so many pictures hanging on either sides of the hall. It was a collection of family photos and some single fotos of a woman and a girl. One of them caught my eye and I walked over to it, leaning closer to the picture. There was a woman with a baby in her arms and behind them was a white wolf. They were smiling... Why was there a wolf?

I shook my head and continued to walk down the hall. I could smell the scent of food and my pace picked up. I arrived in the kitchen and was greeted by the same woman on the picture before. I examined her, she was a beauty. Pale skin, tall, angelic baby face and long hair. But her eyes... her eyes were a soft blue with some brown in them. Just like mine...

She strode over to me and gave me a hug, I was unsure if I should hug her back or not but my arms were already around her and I was hugging her back, feeling her warmth. She pulled slightly away and looked me in the eyes. "Happy Birthday, sweetheart." She told me and kissed my forehead. I unconciously giggled and looked at her again. She took my left hand and made me sit down in one of the dining chairs. "Birthday Breakfast" She giggled and shove some food in my mouth. I felt loved and comfortable, even if I don't even know her.

You do know her... but you just don't remember her...

The man walked into the kitchen. He was smiling happily at me and had his hands behind his back. "Dad..." Those were the words which had escaped my mouth. He patted me on my head and there was this feeling again. I never felt so much love in my life before...

"I have something for you, Jade." He told me and held out a small dark blue box with a ribbon on top of it, infront of my face and I took it.

I opened it and I felt like crying. It was the same.... The same necklace... The one I never took off since that day.

I hope you start to remember now...

This couple infront of me were my beloved Parents... The ones I desired to be with for a long time now...

My Dad took the necklace and let me wear it. The same key and rose necklace I have... Is actually this one. The one from my Parents.

They took both of my arms and dragged me out of the back door and into the woods.

I was standing there akwardly and they just walked and stood across from me. They smiled at me and then they crouched down a little bit before they dashed off into two directions. My eyes widened and I looked into the directions to where they had sped off just right now.

Out of one of the direction came a low growl. It was the direction from where my Dad had gone into. But back came a white furred wolf with golden eyes. From the other Direction from where my Mom had gone to, came back a white wolf with those soft blue and brown eyes. I wasn't scared but I was excited and happy...

You don't know why, right?

They came over to me and nuzzled my hands. I patted their fur and I had to admit that their fur was really soft and long. I run my finger through the one with soft blue and brown eyes. It waggled it's tail at me and I crouched down to hug it.

"Sweetheart, you should change too" It was my Mom's voice. I didn't know what she ment by that but my body moved on it's own and I simply nodded at her. I felt my bones moving and my breath quickened up its pace. I closed my eyes, feeling slight pain. I opened them again when I was sure that the pain was over . Everything looked different now, everything was higher up now.

"Come here my little pup. Let's go?" My Dad told me and grabbed a hold at my neck before lifting me off the ground and carrying me with him. I wanted to look at myself so I brought my right hand up but what I saw wasn't a hand but insted it was a white little pawn. I winced when my Dad sudeenly dropped me down, making me land on the ground harshly.

I heard another wolves growling and my own parent's ones. I knew what they ment. I could smell the danger.

"Who are you? Why are you guys in our territory?" Growled my Dad and flashed some teeths.

"So it was your territory? Tch, I don't care." One of the wolves scoffed. I hid behind my Mom and peeked out behind her. Looking straight into dark red eyes.

"You should care. We marked this and other wolves should stay out of our territorium." This time it was my Mom which spoke up.

"Marked or not. We don't care a single bit about this. I can see you have a pup with you and I don't want to hurt it so... back off." Growled the big black wolf. I whined when I heard his companions growl dangerously at us.

My Dad stood before my Mom and me now, protecting us. "What do you want?" Dad asked. "We don't want to fight..."

"Too bad that you won't but we will!" with that the wolves lunged at us. My Dad was trying to defend us as possible. 

"Run! Run away from here and take Jade with you!" My Dad told my Mom and she carried me away from the scene. She was running really fast with me in . We were walking out of the woods.  "Jade, listen to me and do as I told you, okay?" I nodded. She my cheek and the she nuzzled my head with hers. "Go to your Autn, don't look back. We'll be okay. Don't worry. Those wolves are not some ordinary ones. They're dangerous and they are working with hunters. If you see one of them, run as fast as you can, okay darling? I have to go now..." She ran away and I whined when she was gone from my sight. I started to cry but I had to do what my Mom told me.

I run as fast as possible to my Aunt, still in my wolf form. I was walking across the street when suddenly a car came speeding towards me. I froze on my spot. I closed my eyes and waited for the pain and it came as fast as I closed my eyes. It hurts... I can't breath... Am I still alive? Evrything hurts... 

I opened my eyes and still found me on the streets pavement. Blood covered and injured.

I took all my strenght which was left and limped to my aunts house, changing back into human form and ringing the bell before dropping down at the front door, falling unconcious and forgetting everything what had happened.

*Dream ended*

A tear escaped my right eye and I woke up, shivering and sobbing.

Maybe I shouldn't have asked about my past...

Living a normal human life without the knowledge that I am actually a wolf.

But... You can't live like this forever... You had to know... I am sorry... but You can't deny yourself...

"I am a Wolf... My Mom was a Wolf... My Dad was a Wolf... Is my Aunt a Wolf too?" I asked the Voice.

No, she was adopted by your grandparents, so she doesn't have the wolf blood in her...

"I have a question for you..."

Yes? Ask me...

"What or Hwo are you?"

I... I am... You...

I gasped. "How? Why?" I didn't know that things like these ones were actually possible. 

I am your true self... The one you lost when you got into the accident... I am your wolf self...

"You are me... My Wolf self... Wait. How can I change into a wolf?" I got curious.

You can't...

I felt disappointment rush through me and tears started to escape my eyes again. "But... But that's my other self... why?" I choked out.

Because... I got lost somehwere deep in you and only another wolf or wolves can help you...

"I don't know other wolves besides me and my Parents and maybe those Dangerous ones, come to speak of them... What are they?"

They're Hunters... They help Wolf Hunters by tracking down rare wolfes... and... kill them...

I sobbed again when I thought about my parents. I burried my face in my hands and started to cry heavily.

"H-Hello? Is there someone?" I heard a mans Voice ask. I peeked up and saw a silhoutte standing just at the entrance of the cave. I smelt something.

Look out, Jade... It's another wolf...

Suddenly a strike of fear washed over me and crawled deeper into the cave and into the dark. I saw the male wolf walking into my direction.

"I know you are here... I can smell you. Don't be afraid, I won't harm you" He told me.

I was shaking in both fear and coldness. 

Jade... I can sense that he is a good one... try and trust him... even if it's hard for you.

"H-Hwo a-are you?" I managed to ask him. I heard him chuckle. "Hah! I knew tehre was someone..." 

I chukled too when I heard his laugh. I showed myself to him and I couldn't stop staring at him.

He was tall, slim, had an angelic cute abby face and blond hair with a pair of deer eyes. "H-Hello" I greeted him.

He smiled at me and I smiled back. "Hi there. I am Lu Han. What is a girl like you doing here?" He asked me.

I shook my head and he understood. "Hmm... it's the first time I encounter a female wolf... actually I thought that female wolves doesn't exist anymore..." My eyes widened and I looked up at him. He waved his hands infront of his chest. "Did I said it out loud? I am sorry..." He apologized. "W-What do you mean by female wolves doesn't exist anymore?" He looked like he was debating with himslef about to tell me ot not. He sighed and looke at me. "So, you don't know?" I shook my head. "Hunters took all the female wolves down. Sicne that day, no bond were made and the male wolves can't bond and create a new pack. The Hunters planned to kill our race... and they are doing it by killing our females, so we can't mate." He told me and sighed again but his frown was replaced with a sweet smile. He took one of my hands and cupped it with both, I blushed. "Do you have a place to stay?" His eyes were glinting with hope and I shook my head, again. He jumped up in joy...

He dragged me out of the cave... leaving me dumbfounded.

Go with him, trust him, you will find happiness when you go with him... trust yourself, Jade...

"Where are we going Lu Han?"

 

"Somewhere were you can find happiness, safety and can call it your Home ..."