drunk confessions.

the ghosts that we knew.
Yixing was violently wrenched from absentmindedly debating with himself over the correct shade of dull that covered the dorm's walls. A mass of tangled limbs squeezed impossibly through the front door, bringing in the harsh scent of drunk men. Wide eyed, he watched as Kris cursed at Tao's elbow that was digging in between his ribs. Luhan was wrapped around Tao like a monkey clinging for dear life.

The trio stumbled in before Chen followed lazily, draped haphazardly against the shorter Xiumin. While Kris tried to avoid Tao's flailing limbs, the obviously impaired group finally noticed their observer

"Yixing, thank God. Get this thing off of me," the maknae pleaded as Luhan giggled while pushing their leader away with a fatally aimed kick.

Kris instantly fell to the living room floor with a blood curdling, surprisingly feminine, scream Every man in the room winced in sympathy as he cupped his massive hands over his injured groin. Every man except Luhan, who failed at trying to imitate an evil laugh. It sounded more like a cat trying to bark.

Yixing stood from his comfortable spot and shuffled his way around Kris. Xiumin and Chen headed towards the hallway bathroom, Chen was suddenly the color of a green apple.

"Luhan," Yixing said trying to capture the older's attention.

Doe eyes bright with intoxication mixed with laughter caught sight of him and stared intently. The smirking lips fell into a deep pout, cheeks flushing a deeper red. His hands tightened around his impromptu tree.

"Luhan, come here."

Yixing spread his arms and motioned for his elder to come to his embrace.

"Don wanna."

Kris stood again, slightly hunched over, and tried to burn a hole into the childish drunk with his imaginary laser beams. Yixing stepped closer and his fingers over Luhan's cheek. It was obvious that the older of the two was struggling not to relinquish his position.

"Just let go," Xing whispered.

Reluctantly Luhan released his captive and stumbled onto his own feet. Kris instantly wrapped Tao in his own embrace as he drug him toward their shared room.

"Satisfied," Luhan tried to growl but instead purred the question.

That infamous single dimple flashed in response.

Luhan sobered for a moment. He remembered why he had coherced the other members to accompany him to an underground club while the dancing machine had conveniently been occupied on the phone with his grandmother. He remembered ordering the first round and drinking his, Xiumin, and Tao's share. He remembered stumbling into the restroom, the women's to be exact, and being pressed against a stall by a particularly aggressive lady.

Her hands had attempted to some response from his body but failed horribly. He had downed a couple more shots to try and forget her slanderous words that still floated in his mind.

The reason for all his troubles standing directly in front of him with that ing delicious dimple and a blank gaze that he probably wore in the height of ecstasy.

"Want some water," Yixing asked.

Luhan shook his head and declined the offer. Turning, shakily, he headed toward their bedroom. Half way there he leaned against the constantly moving wall. He felt the younger man touch his lower back to guide him. He quickly jerked away from the touch but he could still feel the burning outline of a hand on his skin. Righting himself, he proceeded into their room.

Yixing followed him in then plopped quite soundly upon his own bed. He sent a sideways glance at Luhan as he shed his sweat drenched clothing. The older male now stood in nothing but his underwear shivering. The sight drawing Yixing's attention.

Luhan was all lanky limbs and slim muscle mass. Collarbones protruding like handlebars while shoulder blades threatened to cut through flesh. Bare as he had ever seen him, he noticed a set of precise scars that faintly marred the pale flesh of his right thigh. Instantly Yixing knew what had caused the marks because he happened to sport similar lines on his left arm.

"What is that from," he asked while pointing to gauge the other's reaction.

Wide eyes followed his finger to the general vicinity of the scars. A hand came up to cover the old wounds.

Rising from his bed, Yixing walked to the other male and bared his forearm. The wide eyes growing even wider.

"I don't anymore. I quit about a year after we started training."

Luhan's mouth flapped a couple of times before any sound was produced.

"The pain helped me to forget... things that happened in the past," he gargled out.

Yixing nodded in understanding.

The alcohol still strong enough to leave the older uninhibited and unable to control his tongue.

"I use to always look down. Every crack imprinted in my memory. Why look up when you can be peaceful in knowing your path?"

When the younger nodded and encouraged him to continue he proceeded.

"But I met this guy," his tongue peeked out to moisten his chapped lips. The chilly air causing goosebumps to pop up all over his skin. "I met this ridiculously bright, oblivious guy that made me look up. And , did the world seem like a new place."

Yixing shifted his weight onto his hip and quirked a brow when Luhan stepped closer to him. Within touching distance, each breathing in the same air.

"He taught me that bravery is not about being strong but being weak and letting someone else pick up your broken pieces."

Images, memories flashed through his mind.

Yixing prodding him into laughter, Yixing dragging him along on needless adventures just for the sake of nothing. The younger just sitting with him for hours in silence or while playing his guitar. Every good memory drenched with Yixing.

"He taught me that pain makes us remember that healing isn't free."

Yixing gazed attentively at his elder. He refused to admit to himself that the description of this man was causing him to feel jealousy. He refused to admit to himself how much he had come to care about Luhan.

"I have spent a year trying to dig him out of my daydreams but he is ing stuck in my head. All the time."

Luhan suddenly stepped forward and dragged Yixing into himself. The latter staring back confusedly.

"He has left this permenent dent in my body. Nobody else can fill that space."

Their bodies completed each other. Hollows meeting protruding bone. Rippling skin soothing jagged nerves. Expanding diaphragm filling concave stomach.

"See we fit like puzzle pieces," Luhan whispered.

Yixing was not allowed time to reply before his lips were simply taken by the other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a/n: This is part one of two. Phew, that was a to write. Let me know what you think. Part two will be M rated. Does anyone else smell burning? ^^keke.