VII.

Don't Tell My Brothers

 

Don't Tell My Brothers - Chapter Seven

 


 

Jessica came back from attending her class. She was about to get inside her room when Yonghwa called her over. 

"Oh, oppa?", Jessica said upon seeing Yonghwa walking towards her direction.

Yonghwa hugged Jessica. Surprised, Jessica asked why he's being like this. "Are you drunk?"

"I have good news for you.", Yonghwa said. His smile made Jessica curious. She knew that there's something behind that suspicious smile of his. Since she's closer to Yonghwa than Yunho, she could read Yonghwa's actions accurately. She raised her eyebrow and folded her arms.

"I'm.... getting married.", Yonghwa said, showing his silver engagement ring off. Jessica gasped. "H-How? Oh my god, I'm so happy for you, Oppa!"

Yonghwa and Jessica laughed together in happiness. Jessica hugged her older brother again and asked when the wedding will be. 

"Well, I'm not sure about the date yet. Honestly, Sica, I'm doing this for our family.", Yonghwa told her.

"For our family? Why?", Jessica asked, confused about her brother's decision.

"Lately, everyone's been talking about you and Krystal. They've been throwing out harsh comments about us. To cover things up, I asked Seohyun to marry me.", Yonghwa explained.

"Oppa! You shouldn't have forced yourself. We're a team, right? We can do it.", Jessica said, holding Yonghwa's arms.

"I know. But I guess it's about time for me and Seohyun to settle down. She's the love of my life.", Yonghwa added.

Jessica sighed. "It's up to you, Oppa. I know you really love Seohyun but don't use our family as an excuse."

Yonghwa tapped Jessica's shoulder. "Don't worry. Just come to my engagement party this Friday."

"Engagement party?"

"Yeah. We're going to announce our engagement to everyone, including all the citizens of South Korea."

 


 

Krystal finally arrived in Seoul. She was glad to be home again. Queen Yo Reum led her to the living room. Krystal looked around. It seems like she left the palace for a thousand years already. Everything changed. She could remember the days when she was still a young high school student who wandered around the palace when she had nothing else to do. She sat down and saw a group of maids approaching.

"Welcome back, Princess Krystal.", they greeted her.

Krystal smiled and said, "Thank you."

One maid stepped forward to serve the Princess with tea. Queen Yo Reum smiled at Krystal and said, "You're still having jetlag, aren't you?"

Krystal shook her head and said, "No. It's just strange. I mean.... it seems like I left the palace for so many years already. I forgot how it looked like already."

Donghae passed by and bowed down to pay respect to the Queen and her youngest daughter. He was about to go to Jessica's room when he saw the two royalties, admiring the interior of the palace.

"You're Jessica's personal assistant. Am I right?", Queen Yo Reum asked upon seeing him.

Donghae cleared his throat. He nodded his head and said, "Yes."

"Kindly call her. Tell her that her sister is waiting for her.", Queen Yo Reum mandated.

"Yes, your Majesty.", Donghae said.

He went to Jessica's room and knocked on the door before entering. He knocked for the fourth time but Jessica won't open the door yet. She didn't give any response either. Donghae started to get annoyed. But the doorknob twisted when he was about to knock again.

"What?", Jessica asked. 

"Y-Your sister is waiting for you, Jessica-ssi.", Donghae informed her.

"Really?!", Jessica said, pushing the door wider. She ran directly to the living room and saw Krystal and her mother. "Mom! Krystal!"

Krystal stood up and hugged Jessica. "I miss you, unnie." Jessica touched Krystal's brown hair and asked her if she's okay. Krystal nodded her head and said, "Don't worry about me. I came here to relax and to witness Yonghwa-oppa's engagement party." 

 


 

Donghae stood near the door as Krystal and Jessica were preparing themselves for the party. He could hear Jessica and Krystal laugh together. He smiled upon recognizing Jessica's voice. He knew it's impossible to fall in love with such a girl like her. Jessica is stubborn but she's got a heart of gold. Now that Donghae is not the popular son of Lee Chul Moo, he felt weak upon learning the disadvantages of running away from his wealthy family. Maybe if he didn't run away, he would still have a chance to date Jessica without any fear. But if he didn't run away, it is most likely that he couldn't have felt such a strong feeling for Jessica either. 

The door swung open and a couple of maids went out of the room. Jessica and Krystal were both ready and excited for their brother's engagement party. Tonight, Yonghwa will be facing all his family members, friends and relatives. He will also be facing the media to let the citizens know about his plan to get married. 

Seohyun is quite a suitable partner for Yonghwa. Born from the Seo clan, Seohyun is popular for having family members who engage in business, politics and show business. When she's with her family, she is often called "Joohyun". Seohyun graduated   from a prestigious university in Seoul, grabbing many academic awards. She's well-mannered and friendly. It seems like the nation is going to love Yonghwa's wife-to-be.

Donghae followed the Jung sisters around. Queen Yo Reum called Krystal to sit next to her. Jessica was told to sit beside her Yunho-oppa. There were still vacant seats around, so Jessica invited Donghae to sit beside her once again. Jessica looked around and saw many special guests. Cameras were all around so she had to be cautious with her actions. Just then, she noticed Yoona from the other side of the function room.

"Why is that wretch here?", Jessica pointed towards Yoona's direction.

"It seems like she's one of Seohyun's best friends, Jessica-ssi.", Donghae replied.

Jessica groaned. "Shameless Im Yoona."

The hosts appeared on stage and called the couple over. Yonghwa and Seohyun entered the room and smiled, holding hands and smiling to all the people around. After  Yonghwa and Seohyun's formal announcement about their marriage, everyone started eating a sumptuous meal. Jessica and Donghae talked about their past lives; sometimes Yunho would in their conversation and share a story about Jessica's childhood.

When the host appeared on stage again, he asked everyone to join the couple in the dance floor. It wasn't even the wedding reception yet but everyone's expecting to dance waltz like those in Disney movies. Familiar-looking faces asked the princesses to dance. Krystal allowed one boy to take her to the dance floor whilst Jessica reject all the boys who invited her to dance.

"What are you doing, Jessica-ssi? You should at least dance with one of them.", Donghae said.

Jessica wagged her finger and said, "I don't wanna dance with them. I wanna dance with you."

Donghae's eyes bulged in surprise. It seems like something was stuck in his throat. "W-What?"

"I wanna dane with you. Any problem with that?", Jessica stood up, raising an eyebrow.

"But...."

"Donghae-ssi. You're the only assistant who lasted more than a month with me. Plus, I feel like you understand me the most. If you're not on duty, I want to treat you like a best friend. Come on. Let's dance."

Donghae had no other choice but to take Jessica's hand and dance with her. Jessica smiled and said, "I know you know how to dance. You trained for three years."

Donghae chuckled and said, "I know but waltz? I don't know how to dance waltz. Hip-hop is my line." He held Jessica's waist  and allowed Jessica to put her arms around his neck. They danced slowly in the middle of the dancefloor. Yoona saw this and felt jealous upon seeing them together. She rejected all those who invited her to dance because she was expecting Donghae to come over. But she ended up sitting by herself, admiring the other couples dancing sweetly. Her eyes were filled with water again. She grabbed her purse and walked away without even saying goodbye to Yonghwa and Seohyun. She knew that the past would never repeat itself but it broke her heart bit by bit.

After the party, Jessica waited for Donghae to come along with her car. She noticed that Yoona was not around anymore. She smiled, thinking that Yoona was jealous upon seeing the two of them dance. Her car stopped right in front of her and Donghae went out to open the door for her. "Thank you.", Jessica said.

As soon as Jessica crawled inside the car, Donghae went back to his position and asked Jessica if she feels comfortable. Jessica nodded her head.

"Donghae-ssi, I know you ran away from your family but... do you still want to return to them? I mean, they're the only ones who could understand you the most since you guys have the same bloodline."

"I wish I could return to them. But for the time being, I'll stay here and be your personal assistant."

"So that means you won't leave me until your father finally accepts who you are...right?"

"Yes. You're right."

Jessica smiled. At least she could still see Donghae everyday. She didn't want Donghae to leave as soon as possible because she has developed unstoppable feelings for him already.

 


 

The next day, while Jessica was talking with Victoria and Tiffany, Donghae stood near the door of Jessica's classroom. He saw Yoona sitting down, writing on her notebook, ignoring the three ladies chatting about the engagement party yesterday. Her face was pale and her lips weren't as red as before. She stood up, grabbed her handbag and walked away, holding a bottle of medicine. Donghae tried to ignore what the bottle was all about but it fell and rolled down the floor. It landed on Donghae's leather shoe. Yoona was about to get the bottle but Donghae picked it up first.

Anti-depressants.

Donghae looked at Yoona. 

"Please give me my medicine, Donghae-ssi.", Yoona begged.

"What is wrong with you? You weren't like this before.", Donghae asked her.

"It's.... none of your business, Donghae-ssi. I need my medicine right now.", Yoona replied.

Donghae gave the medicine back and looked at her once again. Yoona walked away, her face drenched in tears. Donghae was worried about her. Past is past. What matters the most right now is the present. Donghae loves Jessica more than Yoona already. Nothing can change his heart anymore.

Jessica noticed a little pink notebook on Yoona's armchair. While Tiffany and Victoria were busy talking to each other, Jessica hurriedly snatched the notebook away and placed it inside her bag. She didn't know what the content of the notebook is but there was something inside of her that pushed her to grab the notebook. In fact, it was Yoona's little diary all along.

 


 

hope you like this update! thanks for subscribing, btw. please do upvote, too.  :) comment up so that I'll be able to read your thoughts about the story.