V. (not Rated M)

Don't Tell My Brothers

 

Don't Tell My Brothers - Chapter Five

 


 

Queen Yo Reum flew to Japan to check on her youngest daughter. Everyone was worried for Krystal. Krystal was still in shock. She couldn't talk the way she used to. A psychiatrist already checked her condition and suggested that it would be better if Krystal will take a short vacation back to Korea and avoid from talking to the media. 

Krystal was in her room, staring at the wall. She was still puzzled with the man who attempted to her. She knew the voice very well. Then, she remembered something.

 

"Soojung-ah....."

 

"It's me, Kai."

 

"Can we hang-out this Saturday?"

 

"No. It couldn't be him.", Krystal murmured.

 

Just then, the door opened. It was Queen Yo Reum and her maid. Krystal began to cry when her mother hugged her.

"Why did you go out by yourself, honey? You should've brought your bodyguards with you.", Yo Reum whispered.

"I thought it was safe to go by myself since it was just near my dorm....", Krystal answered.

"Hush. It's okay now. I'm here. We're going home, okay? We'll meet your Father, your brothers and Jessica. Will it be okay?", Yo Reum said as she carressed Krystal's head.

Krystal nodded her head and hold on to her mother's loving embrace. "I really miss you, Mom. Please don't leave me."

"I won't. I promise.", Yo Reum assured her.

Krystal and Yo Reum sat together in silence. Yo Reum held her daughter's hand and noticed something on her arm. At first, she thought it was some kind of bruise. But she was mistaken. It was a stamp. 

"Mrs. Lee, what's this?", Yo Reum asked Krystal's maid.

Mrs. Lee shook her head, "I have no idea, Your Majesty. I tried to rub some alcohol on it but it wouldn't fade away. I thought it was a bruise but..."

"Call the police. Have them investigate this odd-looking stamp. It must be a logo of an organization.", Yo Reum mandated.

"Yes, Your Majesty. I shall take my leave.", Mrs. Lee bowed down and headed outside the room.

"My poor Soojung...."

 


 

Yunho slammed the table hard. "What kind of rubbish is this again? An organization? Pathetic."

Mr. Kang lowered his head. He was just trying to relay information about Princess Krystal's case but Yunho's voice went higher and higher. He served Yunho for more than a decade. He's already fond of seeing Yunho throwing tantrums or shouting at people when he is displeased. 

"Your Highness, the report says that a secret organization has been plotting something against us. Although they haven't caught the suspect yet but they are pretty sure about it. They are trying their best to-"

"Useless policemen. Why can't they speed it up? I mean, why can't they just get the culprit?! Above all the things they investigated, I want to know who hurt my little sister.", Yunho said.

"Calm down, Your Highness. I am sure they will be able to find him.", Mr. Kang said. He always had the ability to calm the prince down.

"Double the security here in the palace. Make sure Yonghwa and Jessica's bodyguards have the ability to guard my siblings well. I don't want anything else to happen to them.", Yunho commanded.

Mr. Kang nodded his head. "Yes, Your Highness."

Yunho sipped his coffee and picked up a dart and threw it to the circular board on the wall. It hit the target. He heaved a sigh and clenched his fists. "I will protect my family. No matter what organization it may be, they can't lay a finger on my family."

 


Jessica was annoyed. Nobody wanted to talk to her. Nobody updated her about Krystal's case. Her father was too busy answering the media and such. She was irritated with everything. She stepped out of her car, ignoring Donghae's reminders about her school activities. 

"Donghae-ssi. Why can't you just tell me something about my sister? I am not interested with all my activities for today.", Jessica said with a cold expression on her face. Her eyebrows met and her eyes shot him a piercing glare.

"I-I am not allowed to tell you, Jessica.", Donghae said.

"Really?! Whoa. You know what? I am sick of people right now! Everytime I ask them a question, they won't give me an asnwer. Krystal is my sister! I have the right to know whether she's okay or not. You stupid assistant! Why can't you do your job well, huh? If only I had the chance to fire you, I'd definitely fire you right now!", Jessica yelled.

Everyone around glanced at them. It was embarrassing for Donghae's part.

"Excuse me, Jessica-ssi! I am doing my job well. Even if I'm just your assistant, you have no right to talk to me like that. You have no right to humiliate me in front of all the students in this university. Actually, I was hired to treat your ugly attitude. You have to understand why we couldn't say anything about Princess Krystal's case. One more thing, I am not superman either.", Donghae retorted.

Jessica blinked. Donghae looked at her and waited for her response. He was expecting another protest from her. Instead, he heard the opposite.

 

 

"I'm very sorry, Donghae-ssi.", Jessica lowered her head down and looked at the ground. Donghae chuckled. He felt relieved. At last, Jessica was able to absorb what he taught her for the past few weeks.