Our Baby, Minki

Our Baby, Minki

 

Minho

“Minho, can we keep him?”

“No Key. We are not going to keep a baby we just found on our steps.”

“But Minho we can’t leave him outside. It’s snowing.”

“Okay. Bring him or her inside, but I swear Key we are not keeping him.”

“But Minho look at this face.”

Key holds the baby up so that our faces are almost touching. I have to admit he or she is a really cute baby, but I don’t think that we can be good parents for it. Yes, Key is here all day, every day, but I am rarely here and I would hate if this child would grow up not really knowing me.  I want to be a good father, so maybe this is my chance to at least try.

“ Okay Key. We can keep him.”

“Yes! Oh thank you Minho. Do you hear that little baby, Minho said that we can keep you.”

“But Key if someone comes looking for the baby we will give it back. Arasso?”

“Arasso. Oh. Mimho look, there’s a note on the baby’s carrier. Get it and read what it says.”

“Okay.”

I picked up the note and read it out lout.

"Dear Owners of this house,

       Hi! My name is Minki. I am 1 years old and I am a boy if you are wondering. My mommy is very sick and unable to take care of me. Don't worry i am a very good baby. I don't cry much and i love to smile. So can you please find it in your heart to take care of me?

P.S. My nickname is Ren, but you can call me Minki if you like.

Well I guess no one is going to look for this little baby now."

"Did you hear that Minki, we get to keep you!"

Key started spinning around and Minki was giggling in his arms. I think that Key is going to make a great appa, well umma with the way he acts.

"Okay. Okay. If we are going to keep him we have to go and get him some things."

"Oh yeah. We have to get bottles, binkies, clothes, a crib, a high chair, baby food, toys-"

"Key i know. Let's just get in the car and go to the store."

.........................................................................................................................................................................

100,000 dollars. I have just spent 100,000 dollars on this child. But you know what? It's not his fault. He's not the one picking out all the things that he needs. Key is. Which i should have expected to spend so much money on the first day of having this kid, because Key has expensive taste. 

"Oh Minho. Look at this isn't this shirt cute?"

"Yes Key. Everything that you have picked out has been cute. But do you really think that he needs all of these clothes right now? I mean he's one years old and he is still growing."

"But Minho, Jo Kwon always buys new clothes for Sungjong. And I will not have his child looking better than mine."

Ahh... Jo Kwon, I should have known he had something to do with this.

Jo Kwon is Key's crazy friend, who just happens to ne married to my best friend Jay. They adopted a baby last summer. Key has always been a little envious that Jo Kwon had a baby and he didn't. But now that he has one I can tell that there is going to be a never ending competition with the two of them.

"Alright Key, just go ahead and get the shirt."

He ran off to the cash register to pay for the shirt. I turned to get Minki out off the shopping cart.

"I really hope that Key doesn't turn you into a little him, because I think that appa will go crazy if he has to deal with two Keys."

Minki just looked up at me and smiled. Then he placed his head on my chest. I felt my heart skip a beat when he did this.

I've never had the responsibility of taking care of someone so young, and yet i wasn't afraid.

"Okay Minho. Let's go. I want to go home and let Minki play with all his new stuff."

"Alright Key. Come one, let's go to the car."

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

When we got home I was left by myself to pit all of the baby furniture together. I didn't know what I was doing but at least I'm trying. Key isn't helping me with anything he's to busy trying to find out what outfits would look cutest on Minki. Minki doesn't even care. He's in his own little world playing with the teddy bear we just brought him.

After about five hours of me taking all the furniture apart and putting it back together, I finally got it to be sturdy enough to use and look decent.

I look at the clock in the baby's room and saw trhat it was 10 o'clock at night.

"Okay Key. How about we bathe Minki and then put him to bed?"

"Yeah your right. Just look at him."

I look over to see Minki's little head bobbing up and down trying to fight off the sleep.

"Okay little guy, let's go take a bath."

I walk over to pick Minki up. He let out a little whine and laid his head on my shoulder.

"I know sweetheart. After you take a bath you can go to sleep in your new crib."

It didn't  take very long to bathe Minki. Key did most of the work. I just dressed him and put him in his crib.

After that i kissed him goodnight and made my way to me and Key's room. 

He was already there laying down on his side of the bed. I took of my clothes and put on some basketball shorts, not worrying about putting on a shirt.

"Minho?"

I laid down and pulled Key closer to me.

"Yeah Key?"

"Do you think that we are going to be good parents for Minki?"

"Of course we are Key. Why are you asking a question like that?"

"I don't know I just don't want to screw up."

"Don't worry. You're not going to screw up. I have a feeling that you are going to be the best umma ever."

"I think that you are going to make the best damn appa every."

We laughed, and then I kissed his forehead. We said our goodnights and drifted off to sleep, wondering where our new life was going to take us.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Thank you for reading the first chapter of my story.

I know I may not be the best writer, but thank you for giving me a chance.

I hope that you will enjoy reading this story until the end.

Thank you again.

Love, Loka

P.s the next chapter will be told in Key's point of view