Every day with you.

Dancing on my own

 

 
Sitting under the shade of the of the oak tree the quiet wind blows his hair, framing the soft lines of GDs face. He had been there for hours. As he plays with the worn laces of his converse, while TOP just listens. No day has been different since a year ago.  Now it was more like a routine. GD was all dressed up for TOPs birthday, but he wasn't going anywhere. He was going to dance on his own. 
 
" Play one more song till you go home".... Thought GD, thinking he could stay longer. So he did. He played one more song. Just like the last time he said he would. 
 
'But you're not coming home'
 
When GD first met him he swore he would never fall in love. He had good reasons too. His parents were the prime example. GD loved them with all his heart and they loved him. Then in one fatal second and tire screeches that would haunt his dreams forever, they were gone. Both of them, only GD survived. He lost the two things that meant the most in the world to him. 
 
 
He swore not to love anything again in fear of losing it and being left with nothing he was dying on the inside. It was all stuck inside his head. He sobbed and sobbed, heated tears scolding his face as they slid down his milky cheeks. The only thing hotter than the constant flow of tiny salt water droplets was the heated waters if the shower. He couldn't feel anything except for the constant pain in his body and the empty place on his heart. Churning and slicing. 
 
Burning and chilling. 
 
Eroding and washing away. 
 
Repeat. 
 
The hospital didn't help him either. Closed white walls and the smell of people surrounding, who were just like him. Broken. He just wished he would die.  But instead met him, the one with a smile that lit up his day with the shining rays of her gorgeous features and shining hair. The one with the deep, rich velvety voice and blazing eyes. His name was TOP. Well thats what he said GD could call him. TOP brought so many vibrant mixed colors to that white hospital that he felt some how he could grin and bear it for her, who's bright laugh echoed everyday. But how was GD supposed to know she was dying on the inside? How was he supposed to know there's was an unseen darkness there? How could he have known that no matter what he told his head, he was going to fall for her anyway?  
 
 
"I went to the store yesterday and noticed two blooming flowers. They reminded me of you." GD shyly smiled as the laces on his converse became more tangled as he fumbles with them. 
 
"There has been so much going in since you left, " He mumbled as the cool breeze signifying sunset started to blow. " I finished school and I have the dream you always wanted for me remember?" GD  grinned as he remembered  
the  last time I he was graced with TOPS warm embrace. It all
seems so distant now. He could still  feel the soft fabric of his shirt and his laugh. GD remembered when TOP would be late he would call and tell GD to play one more song before he got home. Then when he did. They would dance in their apartment together, the lights dimmed low, the quiet night life of the city humming behind them, just two heated bodies slowly dancing to the soft music. 
 
 
"I talked to your mom " Whispered GD though TOP stayed silent "She says she's happy about another birthday for her wonderful TOP. She's getting back that happiness in her eyes, that she has been urning for. She's close to healing. I know it." Said GD as he sat back and closed his eyes taking in the fresh evening air. Noticing how dark it was GD slowly stands up and parts the dirt smiling. He brushes off the dirt from his pants as he almost smiles. 
 
"I'm happy I got another chance at love. I'm happy that I found out the true meaning of love. We are the perfect team. We lived like kings in a little tiny castle made of hopes and dreams. We were so complete. The perfect team. Now I get to have you forever." Said GD. He knew he woundnt love again, but was happy at least eh got a second chance. Maybe in the next life, with TOP, he would love,  but not in this one. So GD sighed and smiled again as the flowers in his hand crinkled and he turned around one last time. HD knew he was destroyed but that's what love is. 
 
"Play one more song, I told you ill be home. I'm coming home." GD whispered, tears streaming down his cheek as he set the bright colored flowers down on the grave  and slowly walked out of the cemetery.