Raina

Not Meant To Be

Slugging his body to the agency headquarters, he felt lethargic. He had gone to work at wee hours of the morning and worked without rest and breakfast. He slumped onto the office chair as soon as he reached his desk, closing his eyes to rest as much as he can, enjoying the warmth the heater provided. He was about to drift into dreamland but...

 

"Boo!" A girl popped out from nowhere, giving Kwon a shock with not only her loud voice but a powerful shoulder massage squeeze. He instantly stretched open his eyes and jumped out of the seat.

 

"Ya! You!" He yelled as he glaring at her, "I was going to sleep and you...." The girl pouted her lips and folded her arms adorably. "Oppa~" She whined. His looks told her that he wasn't appeased yet. "Eh~ Oppa~" She continued to whine but a little louder as she tugged his arms.

 

"You're lucky today." She smiled. "Oppa, let's go out for dinner, shall we?" She asked expectantly.

 

"Another day perhaps. I'm dead tired today!" He mumbled in a deep hoarse voice as he laid back on his chair for a rest.

 

"Oppa! Don't sleep yet! You are going out with me later! If not, I'll tell appa you're slacking now!" She glared at him as she kicked him on the leg. Kwon wasn't afraid of her threat. He smirked. "Go! I'll go! Now can I get some sleep?" With this, she smiled and left.

 

He rest his head on the desk. His mind wandered back to the earlier meeting with Ga-in. That girl... she looked attractive. He never thought Seulong's friend would be this successful until he told him about her few days ago. 23 years old and already has a high, respectable position in her family business which has connections worldwide. Although she had all these due to the fact she is the only daughter of the Son family, he was told that many of the business deals these past 2 years was pulled off by her. She looked strong, chic and a little intimidating with her authoritative look which took Kwon's attention. She's really admirable.

 

...

 

The clock struck 5. Thankfully, there was no need to work overtime today, especially when 2am had no schedules today at all. He packed his stuff before leaving when a voice boomed the whole office. "Oppa! Where are you going?!" He turned back to see Raina stomping towards him. "Ya! Oppa! You promised me you'll go with me for dinner!"

 

"I forgot. Mianhae." She held onto his arms, her expression softened. As if with springs below her feet, she skipped out of the office.

 

...

 

"Oppa, is the business deal okay? You look lethargic... Did anything go wrong?" She worriedly asked after noticing Kwon's numerous yawns.

 

"It's okay. It went really well, don't worry. Just that I slept quite little last night and didn't rest until late afternoon." He briefly spoke, tired to even talk.

 

"It must be the other party trying to make things difficult." She said, annoyed at the thought of someone else bullying her beloved oppa.

 

"It's not like that. I think it was the other way round though. I made things difficult for a lady." He gradually spoke to himself as he gazed into mid-air. Raina looked at Kwon's face and was instantly threatened. "Oppa! Are you thinking of that lady?! How old is she? What's her name?"

 

"23, I guess." She stared wide-eyed.

 

"Oppa! How do you even know her age?! 23?! Her name?!" Kwon shook his head. Knowing her, she wouldn't sit back and do nothing even if it's of trivial matters. Besides, she's taking a break from university. She has all the time in the world to track a potential threat, regardless of who it is.

 

"She's from Daesung international, I heard. Could it be... the daughter of the CEO of Daesung International? I heard she's young. If you don't tell me her identity, I can track her down."

 

"Just eat. It's getting late already." He brushed her off.

 

"I'm serious, oppa!" which gained no response from Kwon. "Just you wait! I'll find her!" She continued.

 

...

 

Meanwhile,

 

Miryo stared at the screen with a fixed stare. Her face was stoic but in her was an overwhelming emotion and confusion that she felt.

 

2AM rumoured to be endorsers for Daesung International for 2010-2011.

 

Her heart pumped wildly. She was worried and tensed. She needed to protect her brother at all costs and to that, she had to oppose violently to the endorsement. However, another voice calmed her down. "Jo Mi-hye, calm down. Find out if that's even true. Don't worry over nothing."

 

She picked up her mobile and rushed to call HER DAD.

 

"Yeoboseyo? I'm Mihye." She said after making sure it was a husky deep voice she heard. "Is it true? Appa? That Kwonnie is endorsing your products?"

 

"What's wrong with that?" He spoke and the deep voice scares her a little since she had always known her appa was a fierce man from the words of her  omma.

 

"But aren't you afraid Kwon will discover the secret if you two are kept close? It'll ruin Kwon and his career." She said timidly.

 

"I'm giving his career a push. Don't you get  it? His band is getting some recognition already and this is the last step needed to push him to the peak of his career."

 

Miryo's anger was building inside her and her words of bottled anger spewed out of without taking them into consideration. "Don't act like you care about him! You only care about yourself! You wanted to make use of Kwon's popularity! Don't think I don't know that! If you really cared about us, you would have revealed everything to your wife and acknowledged us. The only reason why I don't do anything about it is for Kwon's feelings and his career. So don't ruin him just like that for your own interest!" She ended the call and threw the phone onto her bed harshly, walking towards the door.

 

She looked back and stared at her phone. Sighing, she walked to the phone and called Kwon but he just wouldn't pick up. She then settled for a SMS .

 

To: Kwonnie

Don't accept the endorsement deal with Daesung International! Don't!!!

 

She was about to click the 'send' button when she hesitated. "How do I explain then?" She backspaced the entire message and slammed the phone onto the bed.

 

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

Raina's playing the villain here. Making her extremely childish seemed odd and exaggerated so I hope it doesn't disappoint. Just in case you didn't read the foreword, Kwon and Miryo are the illegitimate children of Ga-in's dad who's the CEO whom Miryo called. Hope you aren't confused. Please comment^^

 

SPOILER:

The 2nd meeting...