First Meeting

Not Meant To Be

May 2010

 

She sat by the window plane of the cafe, typing on her notebook. The sun shone directly above the city but she enjoyed the cool air while everyone else is out in the sun. Maybe she didn't enjoy it... The anger she felt from within wasn't really enough for the cool temperature to cool her down. "It's okay," She told herself, "Celebrities are always late, if not, most." Not even wanting this deal, she could have been in the office right now or even having her lunch break.

 

Seulong was the reason. Her company is in need of a celebrity endorser for the next 2 years contract. Her dad insisted on 2am, nothing less, to gain further worldwide popularity. Selfish wasn't what she wanted to be in order to help herself. She had to care  for her friend too.

 

What if Seulong got hurt if their friendship is revealed to the public? Others will think they got the deal with personal help. Don't celebrities avoid such rumours at all cost?

 

This is nothing like it. JYP entertainment had no problems about it, let alone Seulong himself.

 

Just when she thought they're a unique group of people, they had to be late like other celebrities. ust then, someone stopped walking beside her.

 

"Is this Miss Son of Daesung International?" A voice  heard from in front. She looked up from her notebook to see not 2am's manager but...

 

"Isn't this Jokwon?" She asked, confused, "I thought I was meeting up with your manager."

 

"I'm 2am's leader and manager." he simply answered.

 

"Eh? I was sure Seulong had a manager..." She mumbled, rubbing her neck.

 

"Aren't you suppose to be professional? Who's 'Seulong'?" He fired. She utterly shocked. What insolence! He actually reprimanded his agency's potential partner? "Calm down, Son Ga-in... He's here not as an idol but a representative from his agency..." She convinced herself. She forced a smile. "Okay, sir. I meant "Seulong-ssi".

 

Kwon knew she was offended with his tone that his agency staff was used to. He was the most experienced in JYP after all and his CEO entrusted him with the agency operations, earning himself a high position in the agency. The staff were already used to the fierce Kwon and treated him like family, knowing he's being professional.

 

"I apologise, if I had offended you with my tone earlier." He knew as a representative, he had be responsible in pleasing the agency's business partner whether or not she is his hyung's childhood friend.

 

Ga-in smiled in acceptance. She knew she was in the wrong but hadn't the pride to apologise likewise. "Let's start now," she said, hoping that he'll forget what she did earlier on.

 

"So may I know what was prepared by your company, Miss Son?" He asked with a stoic face.

 

Ga-in showed him the powerpoint slides she prepared in advance for the entire day the day before. She looked at him expectantly. Usually, she'll be waiting for a face with satisfaction but this time, she was hoping for some signs of disappointment. His face had no smile throughout the presentation, no nods of approval. Just like what she had hoped for. However, she remained professional, doing her best for the slides.

 

The slides were done. She put away her notebook. "How do you find it, Mr Jo?" She began asking, kind of already expecting a rejection.

 

"It's okay. Quite good actually. We'll go with your idea." She frowned upon hearing The words which struck her with a little surprise. he looked disappointed. I thought ... Well, I don't think there's anything else I can do about it...

 

"Well then... I'll take my leave now. Happy partnership!" He stretched out his hand for a handshake. She looked at his hand and hesitantly reciprocated.

 

"That's fast. He haven't ordered anything yet." She thought.

 

As soon as she stood up to send him to the door, her hot coffee was knocked over and the contents spilled over Kwon's clothes. He flinched in pain. "Omo! I didn't mean to. I'm sorry," She said as she desperately tried to lean over and wipe the coffee stains on his clothes. His frown worried her a lot. "I'm absolutely sorry. It must hurt a lot." He pushed her hand aside, giving her a shock. "It's okay. I'll do it myself." She felt utterly embarrassed and awkward, unable to do anything to help.

 

"We'll meet again," He rushed his words before walking away towards the nanny van parked outside the cafe.

 

She plopped herself onto the chair, messing her hair with both her hands. She wasn't worried about the business deal at all but felt guilty and most of all, she felt uncomfortable with that guy. She felt that he was nothing like what her friend had described. Funny? Cute? She even embarrassed herself in front of such a person. And we have to meet again...

 

...............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

 

First chapter done!  To be honest, haven't plan next few chapters yet.


 Background info: When Ga-in met 2am 5 years ago when they were trainees, Kwon's in USA so this is the first time she's meeting him despite her knowing the rest of 2am very well, especially Seulong.