"I will never trade you for anything in the world"

"I will never trade you for anything in the world"

 

"Kim Chanyeol, you better not be putting any raspberries on your brother's fingers!" called out Kyungsoo from next to the sink, washing dishes.

Chanyeol halted and looked at his back, "WOAH!" he then yelled, "Mommy, do you really have some super powers?!"

Kyungsoo sighed, "Sometimes I think I need some to be your parent." He ordered Baekhyun to wash his fingers thoroughly and then finish his breakfast.




"Mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy mommy-"

"Chanyeol, there is nothing wrong with my hearing yet, there's no need to repeat every word thousands of times."

"Mommy, did you know farriers do exist? And did you know that Lu-seonsaengnim said that if we're really quiet at night we can hear them singing?!"

Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol and smiled, "then there's no way anyone in this house except for Baekhyun can hear them."

"Eeeeh?!" Chanyeol twitched his face, "but I can be real quiet sometimes too!"

Kyungsoo laughed and ruffled his son's hair.



"Mom?" an almost faint voice was heard behind Kyungsoo's chair next to the living room table.

"Yes, honey?" Kyungsoo smiled sweetly to his second son and continued cutting fruits. His original work before Chanyeol appeared.

"Zitao asked if I could play with him today…" Baekhyun was really quiet and insecure compared to his twin brother. It was as if Chanyeol took all the strong spots and left baekhyun with only an amazing eye-smile to show.

"Oh, sure you can play with him! Just ask Mr. Wu if he's okay with it and you can-"

"I'll go too!" Chanyeol jumped on his spot, holding Baekhyun's hand tightly while looking at Kyungsoo. Baekhyun frowned for a beat of a second but Kyungsoo didn't miss it.

"Chanyeol, sweetie, how about helping mommy with some chores, hmm? I do need some help." Kyungsoo looked at Chanyeol enthusiastically.

Chanyeol hesitated for a second, then looked at Baekhyun. "No, I want to go with Hyunnie!" he gripped his brother's hand tighter in own.

"Yeol, Baekhyun was invited by Zitao and it's only fair he'll go. You can't go together everywhere…"

"But daddy said we should! Daddy said since we were born together we should always stick together!" Chanyeol was fighting on his own beliefs, as always.

Kyungsoo raised up from his comfortable seat and took Chanyeol's free hand. "Chanyeol, Baekhyun wants to hang out with Zitao today. And since it's Saturday, he can. Don't you think Baekhyun is allowed to have his own wills?"

Chanyeol looked at Baekhyun. "But Baekhyunnie wants to hang out with me too, right?" he was giving the latter his puppy eyes and this time, it seemed sincere.

Baekhyun was dumbstruck. He looked at Chanyeol, then at Kyungsoo, then at the floor. And finally nodded, surrendering. Kyungsoo sighed and separated the boys' hands gently before Chanyeol could shriek with happiness. "Yeol, I really do need your help at home today…"

Chanyeol's upcoming smile disappeared.

"We'll let Baekhyunnie go for now, kay?" he looked at Chanyeol lovingly, "and when he's back, he'll tell us everything he did, deal?" he now looked at Baekhyun with a full-mouth smile. Baekhyun smiled shyly and nodded.



After Baekhyun left, Kyungsoo and Chanyeol took down laundry from the garden, pulled out some stray weeds from the grass and entered home.

Seated on the couch, they started folding the clean laundry. Chanyeol was quiet all along so it was only natural for Kyungsoo to worry. Chanyeol was a hyper kid most of the time and always talked non-stop.

When Kyungsoo took a look at Chanyeol, he saw the little one frowning at his twin's Pokémon shirt and felt the urge to squeeze his eldest son.

"Mommy?" Chanyeol's voice popped in Kyungsoo's thoughts suddenly making him look at the young boy again, this time full attention to him.

"Does Baekhyunnie hate me?"

Kyungsoo gasped a little at that question, "Chanyeol!" he called out. "How can you think your brother, moreover your twin, hates you?!"

"Well," Chanyeol's lower lip puffed up slowly, a sign he's about to cry. "he never wants to play with me anymore. And whenever I suggest we play together when he's with his friends he always looks down and only then agrees, as if he doesn't really want to play with me and-" by then Chanyeol already started bawling with tears trickling down his cheeks.

Kyungsoo hurried to hug his boy, caressing his head and back while whispering 'there there, it's alright'

After Chanyeol calmed down, drinking a glass of milk and having Kyungsoo kissing his cheeks in order to erase the tears trails on them, Kyungsoo dared to ask why didn't Chanyeol told him anything? And moreover, why didn't he talk to Baekhyun about this. Chanyeol was always keeping Baekhyun awake 'till he's done with his day-long stories and only then going to sleep. Sometimes unintentionally erting the other from sleeping 'till the late hours of the night.

"I can't ask him that!" Chanyeol protested the question, "what if he'll hate me more?"

Kyungsoo sighed, "Yeol-"

"Besides, he is friends with that Wu Zitao and that freak hates my guts! I just know, mommy, I just know!"

"Kim Chanyeol! I do not allow you to call others by insulting names like that!"

"But it's true, mommy!" Chanyeol whines, "he's reallyyyyyy creepy and always glares at kids in our school! And as if not having Baekhyun in my class not hard enough, he has to befriend with the boy who always glares at me!"

And that's when Kyungsoo gets it, that's when he really gets it. He mentally facepalms himself for not noticing earliear that Chanyeol is actually "… jelous."

"Huh?" the boy in front of him titles his head to the side and this time Kyungsoo does not restrain himself and hugs his son tightly.

"Sweetie, is it possible that you're actually jelous?" Kyungsoo teases and Chanyeol seems to consider the option in his mind, frowning and all.

He then nods, makes Kyungsoo laugh and hug him once again, even tighter.





About 2 hours later Joonmyun was back with their 2-years-old baby boy, Jongdae, who seemed to be extremely happy in Joonmyun's hands. Kyungsoo snatched him gently out of Joonmyun's embrace and poured endless kisses upon his youngest boy face. Jongdae was squeaking with joy, hugging his mommy tightly.

"How 'bout me?" Joonmyun pursed his lips towards Kyungsoo, but the latter sneered jokingly before replying with a "you don't deserve one for keeping my baby away from me for so long." Joonmyun laughed and hugged his partner.

"Where're the twins?"

"Baekhyun's at the Wu's and Chanyeol's watching TV." Kyungsoo said as he put Jongdae on his tall baby-chair. Joonmyus raised an eyebrow, receiving an "I know" from Kyungsoo.

"I think Baekhyun's finally wanting a little space." He leaned against the counter once Jongdae was satisfied with the bare-shaped rice Kyungsoo made him beforehand.

Joonmyun frowned, "already?" he then sighed and thought out loud, "Minseok said they'll be at least 13 when Baekhyun will have the need to have some space for himself."

"Minseok is a good kid-psychologist, but he can be wrong sometimes too." Said Kyungsoo, "it's been 2 years since he saw Baekhyun, I think Baekhyunnie matured even more."

"He's only 8."

A heavy silence filled the dinning room. Both of the parents remembered the day Baekhyun told them he can live on his own in order not to make his parents life easier. Those were hard times in which Joonmyun lost his job and Kyungsoo was having anger fits every couple of hours. Once Baekhyun said that, though, Kyungsoo burst into tears, hugging the boy and asking his forgiveness. Joonmyun found a great job 2 months later but they still tend to pamper Baekhyun a little more than their other boys, just to make him feel wanted all the time. Which he is.


"He seems to be really getting along with Wu's eldest, you know." Kyungsoo smiled, "he actually talks a lot with him. I saw them walking together towards school gate the day Chanyeol had supplementary lessons in English."

Joonmyun smiles then suddenly twitches his face, Kyungsoo mentally laughing at the similarity between his and Chanyeol's way of messing with their faces. "Why is Chanyeol so quiet?"

Kyungsoo opens his mouth then closes it and opens it again, "about that, he's really depressed Baekhyun has left him alone in the house…"

"Did you let him have some experiment?" Jonnmyun tensed up, suddenly alarm by the silent house having Chanyeol in it.

"No! I told you he was watching TV!"

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Okay."

"He's jealous."

"What? Of who?"

"He doesn't want to let Baekhyun go to his friends when he's not around."

"Well…"

"He says it's already hard as it is not having Baekhyun in his class."

They both smiled then started laughing, having Jongdae joining them hysterically.



When Baekhyun came back from his friend's house, Chanyeol was playing computer games on Joonmyun's PC.

"Hey baby, did you have fun?" Kyungsoo smiled brightly from the kitchen, cutting salad for dinner. Baekhyun smiled happily and nodded.

Once Baekhyun told Kyungsoo about the plastic-cups palace he and Zitao has made and excitedly showed him the rare dragon card he received from Zitao's father, he started helping Kyungsoo making dinner.



"Say, Hyunnie…" Kyungsoo thought it's better to get things between the twins solved earlier than later, "Do you not like hanging out with Yeol anymore?"

Baekhyun halted and frowned. "I like it."

"Hmm." Kyungsoo nodded, "so is Chanyeol embarrassing you in front of your friends?"

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo surprised, "no, never."

Kyungsoo cocked his head to the side, "then why is it you don't take Yeol with you anymore to places you go?"

Baekhyun freezes.

Kyungsoo waits.

The atmosphere is too tense.

"You don't have to answer me honey, mommy's just a little curious."

Baekhyun stays stoned. "It's just that…" he looks at Kyungsoo before turning his gaze back to the table, "everyone loves Yeollie." He whispers.

"Okay." Kyungsoo smiles at the remark.

"And… all of my friends wants to become friends with him too." The 8-years-old continues quietly, "if Yeollie will befriend with all of my friends, I will be left alone."

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun shocked, he thought of all kind of reasons Baekhyun had not wanted to take Chanyeol with him. But he never expected that one.

"And if my friends will come to like Chanyeol better, they won't play with me anymore…"

Kyungsoo put the knife carefully on the cutting board in front of him and held Baekhyun by the shoulders, turning him so they're face to face. "Kim Baekhyun, everyone in this family loves you very much." He felt the need to let Baekhyun know, "no one within this family will ever leave you. Ever. Chanyeol loves you very much Baekhyunnie, he would rather leave his friends side to play with you."

Baekhyun lowered his head and Kyungsoo felt as if he was too harsh, but this time it needed to be harsh.

"Let's call Daddy and your brothers to the table, okay?" he smiled gently and caressed Baekhyun's cheek. The boy nodded and went to the living room.




"Can I change sits with daddy today?" Chanyeol stood in front of the table and stared at his seat.

"Why would you want to change sits?" Joonmyun asked as he entered the kitchen, seeing no one has sat in front of the table yet.

"I don't want to sit next to your second son." He said coldly.

"Kim Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo's scream sent Chanyeol behind Joonmyun's leg at lightening speed.

Baekhyun played with his fingernails awkwardly.

"Yeol, what kind of speech is that?" Joonmyun looked behind his leg.

"That's because Baekhyunnie hates me! I'm only making it easier for him to avoid me!"

Baekhyun gasped and looked at Chanyeol shocked.

"Kim Chanyeol!" Kyungsoo called out, this time desperately. "Why would you say that?"

Jongdae then imitated Baekhyun's gasp, putting his hands over his mouth, earning a chuckle from his daddy.

"Baekhyunnie is trading me for a boy in his class, daddy!" tears started running down Chanyeol's cheeks as he became louder, "It's true! Baekhyunnie doesn't want to be my twin anymore! Baekhyunnie wants to trade me for Zitao!"


"I will never trade you for anything in the world," Baekhyun suddenly said, loud enough for Chanyeol to hear behind Joonmyun's leg, "not even for a strawberry gum."

Chanyeol looked up and Joonmyun faked a gasp. Baekhyun really did love strawberry gums the most. He even stopped wetting his bed when he was 5 in order to get one in the morning on the way for school.

Chanyeol sniffled and wiped away a trickling tear from his cheek, using his sleeve. "Really?"

Baekhyun nodded.

"You don't hate me?"

Baekhyun shook his head.

"and you'll let me play with you and your friends?"

Baekhyun looked at Kyungsoo hesitantly and the latter smiled, Baekhyun nodded once again.

"Oh, Baekhyunnie, I thought you'll kick me out of our room today!" Chanyeol sobbed harder as he tackled Baekhyun into a squeezing hug,"I'm so glad you don't hate me!"

Suddenly Jongae started crying loudly, drawing everyone's attention. Joonmyun took him into his arms and kissed his nose, "You're hungry? Is it the hunger making you cry?" he asked child-like, "yes it is, isn't it? We're delaying dinner because of your silly little brothers, sorry~"

The twins then laughed in unison and Kyungsoo sighed.

They're lives are back to normal.

At least until next morning.

 

--

A/N: YES I KNOW 

I'M BACK FROM THE DEAD

or something like that. Anyway, this is a really small gift for my subscribers. I really want  to thank you for staying, reading and keep on commenting, it made me feel real good in my aweful times not too long ago. I will be updating my fanfics one by one this month. Please look foward to it <3

I also opened a livejournal though I won't publish too much there. I made it more for drafts than to actual use.

 

(sorry for any grammer mistakes ^^")