The Truth

Protection of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Baekhyun sat on the bed as Yixing cleaned his wounds and wrapped them in clean gauze. He winced as the gauze was wrapped too tightly and squeezed his cut from the shattering glass from the attack earlier.

Yixing finished and took off his gloves and cleaned up the area. Sighing, he straightened up and turned to walk away silently, but then turned to see Baekhyun weakly leaning back on the pillows. 

"Why did you donate blood? You know you don't have time to do all that." 

Baekhyun weakly opened his eyes and stared up at the ceiling without responding. Yixing continued, "Baekhyun, we have one and one mission only. Don't get confused or attached." He turned, closing the door before he left, leaving Baekhyun in the room alone, somewhere far from the USS office. 

 

---

 

Sehun signed Yeonah's papers and bowed to the nurse before returning to the ward room. Yeonah was already done packing and dressed, ready to go. She slung her duffel around her shoulder before fixing her jacket and getting her phone. 

"Let's go, Hun." She smiled and slowly left the ward. 

Sehun frowned, she was so weak and quiet at the moment, it didn't seem like her usual self. He had seen Yeonah sometimes with horrible injuries and in pain, but still smiling and energetic and passionate to capture whoever her target was. But right now, her wounds had nicely healed, only leaving a few scars and a thick cast around her arm that the doctor said was due to be removed in two weeks. Otherwise, she wasn't supposed to be in any pain, or weak at all. 

He jogged up to her and took the heavy duffel on his own shoulder. She glanced at him and gave a weak smile but said nothing further. Frowning, he grabbed her elbow and turned her around. "Hey, you okay?" 

She took a moment to process his question. "Yeah? Why what's wrong?" 

Sehun scanned her face before slowly turning them both together to walk towards the parking lot. "I don't know, you just seem weirdly out of it right now. You didn't...go anywhere last night did you?" 

Yeonah blinked and hesitated before carefully answering, "I think the painkillers haven't worn off yet, I'm a bit tired and worn out today. A nice rest would be enough I think." She bumped her shoulder against his playfully, "And you told me not to go anywhere again without you there, why would I?" 

When Sehun didn't give a response, Yeonah stopped and waited until he turned around again to face her. Ruffling his hair, she smiled and answered, "Don't worry about me, I'll be fine. Here, there's the car, let's just go home now." 

As they got in, Sehun threw her duffel into the backseat and took a while. Yeonah busied herself with getting settled into the seat. Seeing that she was struggling to put her seatbelt on with her arm in a sling, he jogged over and open the door to grab the lock and reach over her torso to click it into place. 

Yeonah froze as his face got really close to her own as he reached over to make sure the lock was firmly in place and that the seat was adjusted well enough to make her comfortable in her sling. He didn't make eye contact or start conversation, and just quietly worked to make her feel comfortable before closing the door and going back towards the trunk. 

Yeonah let her muscles relax and took a deep breath as Sehun left without a word. For some reason, she felt nervous, as if she was hiding something. I'm not hiding anything, th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter