Duck and Cover

Protection of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yeonah focused the lens of the rifle on the target. The man sitting below on the stone bench in front of the beach had no clue, and was sitting there alone. She spoke in a low voice into the microphone attached to her ear. "Target spotted." 

She cocked the gun and readied her finger on the trigger. "Completing in 3....2...." 

A shot ran out through the air and the man crumpled to the ground. Eyes wide, Yeonah lowered her gun and released the lever. She didn't shoot the bullet. She watched with anger as two men ran up to the dead man and picked him up, throwing him into the water. She gritted her teeth as Baekhyun marched up to the men and put his gun back into his jacket pocket. The two men saluted Baekhyun and drove off whilst Baekhyun stood there for a moment while Yeonah seethed in anger. 

Suddenly, he looked straight up at where Yeonah was standing and gave her a smirk. With a mocking salute that was merely a twitch of his hand next to his temple, he sauntered off into his sports car and drove off. 

Yeonah almost screeched in anger as she stomped her foot. "That little ! This was my mission!"

"Um...what?" The earpiece crackled to life. "Yeonah, are you okay?" 

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, nostrils flaring at her anger. "I'm fine Sehun. Just know that it's done."

"Alright Agent Lee." Yeonah didn't reply as she hurredly packed up her rifle in the case. She threw one glare at the now empty stone bench and stalked down the stairs of the abandoned warehouse. 

She shoved the case into her trunk and got into her car. Sitting in the driving seat, "Sehun, give me the directions to the next target."

"Um, thats already been taken by Agent Byun. Sorry, you should have said that a few minutes ago. He seems to be on his way there right now." 

"Give me both directions. Of Byun's car and the location of the target! Now!" 

"Okay okay, calm down. What's wrong noona?" 

"No calling me that on work." 

"Aww come one, I may be here, but you're out. So who cares. What wrong?"

"ing Byun Baekhyun killed Jung Joonha. Damn it, that was my job! How the hell did he find it?"

The coordinates to two locations popped up on the screen in the system and Yeonah turned into the next lane and let the computer guide her there while she talked to Sehun. "Dang noona. I'm not sure. But does boss know about this yet?"

"Don't you dare tell Lee Sooman yet. I still have another chance to beat the brat. Send two other agents to the location." 

"Alright. Good luck, and don't get hurt. I'll be here working the techs when you need me. I'm not gonna move a muscle." Sehun joked. 

"Shut up," Yeonah smiled as she pulled up slowly to the location. She could see the glint of Baekhyun's black audi. "See ya." 

 

She stuffed a pistol in her combat boot and arranged her black skinny jeans so that she could hook another on her belt. Removing the rifle from her trunk, she slowly exited the car and began to stalk toward the warehouse, making sure to st

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter