The Main Companions

Dragon Age: Origins - Open

The Warden

 

The Warden is a playful and compassionate Grey Warden. He was a novice templar when he was recruited into the Grey Wardens. Despite his sweet and goofy personality, he is a powerful warrior on the battlefield with a weapon and shield as his choice of weaponry. He is fascinated by magic, even as his life is defined by fighting its darker manifestations, and has a fondness of strange runestones and figural studies of arcane creatures.

 

The Apostate

 

The Apostate is an apostate mage living in the Korcari Wilds with his mother. He was raised quite isolated from civilized society, and because of this, has had limited interactions with fellow humans. Of himself, he says little. He does not deny being an apostate mage, but beyond that, everything about him is in question. Having grown up in the Wilds, he is an adept shapeshifter and is a skilled mage. His critical eye is not reserved solely for others. Knowing or not, he has a fondness for jewelry and is very particular about his appearance.

 

The Bard

 

The Bard is an Orlesian bard who came to the village of Lothering. There, he sought the refuge of the local Chantry, where he expected to spend his time in meditation and prayer to the Maker, asking Him for forgiveness for his past deeds. He is a bard who is extremely skilled in theft and archery. He takes care to honor the Lothering cloister that took him in, and keeps symbols of Andraste's blessings close to his heart.

 

The Assassin

 

The Assassin is an elven Antivan rogue and accomplished assassin under the Crows of Antiva, an elite organization of thieves, spies, and assassins which are renowned throughout Thedas. Though honor among such an organization is generally dubious, they do adhere to one standard: contracts are met and agreements are kept. Failure to eliminate a mark means the life of the operative is also forfeit. Having been trained as a recruit since a young age like most others, he is an assassin who is adept in poison making and dual weaponry. He shows an affinity for the finer things in life - hardly surprising for an Antivan Crow - but his appreciation can be more poetic than he lets on.