The Right One?

Listen To Him

£~*~£

 

"Baekhyun, I think I love her." Baekhyun stopped writing his notes for the next exam they were about to take in a few days and turns his head slowly towards Chanyeol, in horror. "You what?" He wasn't sure if what he heard was right. "I said I think I love her. Taeyeon, she's the best and I never had this feeling before, ever." Chanyeol looked so eager and happy...but when was that ever different. In Baekhyun's eyes, everyone's eyes at that, Chanyeol was always the happy virus you could never hate. Even the thought of him would make you break into smile, no matter your mood. 

"Are you sure about this Chanyeol, your only a senior in high school, I don't think love is the right thing to understand at such a young age." That was a lie, of course love was something to understand at any age, it just depends on the person with the feeling holding their heart captive for another. This feeling had already taken a hold of his heart, keeping an open door for the one it belong to. The one he gave it to. The one who's never going to take it.

"I'm really sure and I think I'm old enough to know what love feels like. And I know it's this. What me and Taeyeon have is love. And I'm going to tell her." 

Baekhyun felt enraged, weak, heartbroken, but the worst was defeated. He had no chance and he knew it. Chanyeol was too blinded to see that Baekhyun had feelings for him the moment they became friends in their second year of junior high. He knew Chanyeol would never open the box in his heart containing the profound feeling for him. He would only make it smaller and shove it in a corner like it doesn't even exist. He would only make the tiny box of feelings for Taeyeon as a close friend grow into something that was real, taking up all the room his heart had to hold. Baekhyun knew...he had to let go.

"I'm happy that your so sure Chanyeol. I hope that Taeyeon loves you as much as (you think) you love her." Baekhyun was broken inside. But the best was for to except what was given to him. The pain would grow and the love will stay. 

"Thanks Baekhyun, your a good friend." Friend. That word just made Baekhyun's mouth go sour when hearing it from Chanyeol referring to him. Baekhyun told himself that he would do as Chanyeol was doing, forcing that big box of feelings for him to grow small and put it out of sight. But was that even possible for him.

 

£~*~£