2

Goodbye and I'll Walk Away

 

5 years later, if you asked Zhoumi if he ever was in a relationship, he would reply no.  He had forgotten Yoona, he had said goodbye to the memories he kept, and he kept pushing the thoughts away.  After their breakup, he had penned down lyrics to a song but he never finished it.  It was just a few scrawled out words on the back of a brochure but, it meant even more.

While Zhoumi was forgetting, Yoona was remembering, she found herself longing for Zhoumi in the darkest of nights, his smile in the bright summer sun.  She wound herself wanting to turn it back, she realized she had never let go of Zhoumi.

There was a fan sign event in Beijing, she was determined to go even if it hurt her even more.  She wanted to see him again, to see him happy.  Yoona would go for him.

With a deep breath, she went to the table where Zhoumi was sitting and signing albums of the fans that waited for him.  She didn’t have the courage to go up to him, she didn’t want to go up for she was scared, scared that he actually forgot her, scared that he wouldn’t recognize her, their memories. 

Yoona had to literally beg her manager to let her cancel many of her schedules to come to Beijing.  With a deep breath, she left a note to his manager who recognized her as a model and agreed to hand him to note.

Meet me at the Great Wall of China

-Yoona

 

The fan sign meet was over and Zhoumi was wearing a weary smile.  He collapsed onto the couch in the back room before his manager came over.

“Someone left you a note.”

Zhoumi nodded and took the note from his manager’s hand.  He unfolded it and the words written on it surprised him.

Without a second thought he grabbed his coat and headed to his car.  He fumbled with his keys a bit before unlocking it and sped off to his destination.

Yoona

She was standing where the broke up, remincing each tear, the way his hand wrapped around her, their embrace.  Everything that she could think of between them she thought about.  Zhoui spotted her slim figure withing the people and came up to her.

She noticed him and wrapped her arms immediately around his waist.

“I’m sorry.”

Zhoumi heard those two words slip out of , and his arms came around her body too.  They needed each other more than they thought before.  They were both dragging it back, the goodbyes, the tears.  Zhoumi and Yoona couldn’t let go, even after 5 years, they couldn’t let go.

Their story was unwritten, unfinished, but could they complete it? This time could they make it to the end together?  Yoona wouldn’t let Zhoumi go this time.

And in Zhoumi’s mind, he finished the song that he could never think about, the penned down words on the back of a brochure, it was all coming back.

My journal is stopped on the first page, blank

As soon as it begins, it ends

How do I pause this story?

If I stop writing, maybe it’ll stop hurting

Whose choice was this? Who can’t make up their mind?

Even though it’s clear we’ll never meet again

Who’s still struggling to resist? Who’s dragging it all back?

Why can’t we just let go?

Can we say goodbye just like this?

Why is it that I still miss you?

It seems that the weak one here is me

Your silhouette still appears in my recollections

Furtively, I hide the memory

Then Zhoumi let go of Yoona.