Chapter 3

Do You Love Me?

 

(A week later)

Rukia's POV

Why is it so dark? Why can't I move? My body feels so heavy, I want to move but nothing would happen. I hear voices every now and then, some of them are familiar but I can't remember who they belong to. The muffled voices have returned.

"Im so sorry Rukia, please wake up, please..." The man who is talking, breaks down crying. Don't cry, I am awake, I can hear you. I wanted to tell whoever this was, that I was there and I can hear everything he was saying.

Ruki's POV

It's been a week, a week since Rukia has been stabbed and was dying in my arms. The 6 men or however many there were, was arrested and sentenced to jail. I don't know for how long, but that doesn't bother me, I am more worried about Rukia. Luckily paramedics and the police found us pretty quickly, they took Rukia and us to the hospital. Rukia was saved just in time, but she's been in a coma since.

We are staying in near by hotel, but I still visit Rukia every day, hoping that she will wake up, but nothing happens. It's all over the news now, what had happened to us, Rukia's picture was also released. Telling the whole world that she was , shot, stabbed and in a coma. This had caused a huge commotion with the public, they hate the fact all this happened to a 15 year old. To be honest Im shocked she manged to survive, she's a strong girl.

No family has called the hospital, and asked to visit her. Everyone thinks she has no other family left, the only calls she gets is from the same 2 girls. Who claim they are her friends, but they have been refused to be allowed to come and visit her.

I'm now sitting beside her, holding her hand in mine. The bruises over her body, have started to fade, but many are still looking fresh. I end up talking to her all the time, even though she can't hear me. I apolagize so many times and ask for her to wake up. I don't like seeing her in the hospital. The rooms are so white and plain and make things feel worst. I brought in some roses and put them in a vase, it seems like that is the only thing that brings life here.

I start feel myself getting sleepy, but I snap out of it when I feel my hand being squeezed slightly. I look up "Rukia!" Nothing, she doesn't do anything else just lays there.

I hear footsteps outside. *"Hey, Ruki what's wrong?"* Kai asks, standing in the doorway.

*"She...I thought she had woken up, she squeezed my hand."* I inform him.

*"Really!? That could be a sign, she might wake up soon. Im sure of it, just wait Ruki."*

*"Wait with me Kai, please."*

*"Sure"* he sito himself in a chair beside the window. *"I'll call the others, Im sure shell be happy to see everyone".*

Rukia's POV

I feel lighter, it's like I'm being taken away from the darkness. I can feel myself layed on something soft, just open eyes now.

I squint at first, the blinding white of my surroundings are far too bright for me to handle. I try to sit up, but the pain was too much, I should try things slowly. My eyes adjust to the white walls and ceiling, there's a machine attached to me by several tubes and stuff, beeping softly. I'm in a hospital?

I look around the room I'm in, there are five figures in here aswell they look so familiar, they're asleep. I remember now, how could I forget. Its Ruki, Reita, Aoi, Uruha and Kai. Kai is sleeping in a chair near a window, Aoi and Uruha are on floor against the wall sleeping on each others shoulders, Reita asleep in another chair next to Kai. I smile, they look so cute sleeping, oh yea I said there were five people.

To my right, lays Ruki. He sits in a chair next to my bed, my hand clasped in his and his head resting in his arms on the bed. I take my hand away from his, and pat his head. Letting my fingers run through this soft blonde hair. He stirs under my hand and his eyes open slightly, they widen when he sees me. "Rukia!" he yells.

His sudden outburst woke everyone else up, causing Reita to fall out of his chair. "What the man, there's no need yell." Rubbing his head from where he hit it. I giggle slightly, from the sight seeing Reita hurt himself. Catching his attention "Oh my god! Rukia you're awake."

I nod, "It's good to see you all again..." I wanted to say more, but my voice cracked and tears stream down my face.

"Rukia, don't cry, please. Im so sorry" Ruki tells me.

"Im not upset at you, I'm just so happy to you again. I didn't think I'll see you again." Ruki gets up and hugs me, we stay like this for a couple minutes.

Until Kai speaks up. "I'll go tell the doctor your awake"

Kai leaves and I ask "How long? How long has it been?"

"It's been a week since you were stabbed. You've been a coma since." Aoi tells me.

"Yea, we we so worried, we thought that we lost you. But Ruki was worried the most." Uruha adds, smirking at Ruki.

"N-No I wasn't! I was just as worried as you were!" blushing he turns away from him. I notice there are dark bags under his eyes.

"You haven't been sleeping."

"No, not really.

"He's been visiting you everyday, he has barely been sleeping or eating." Uruha adds, taunting Ruki even more.

Aoi tells him off "Stop teasing" throwing a playful punch in his arm.

" You shouldn't let it get to you, you risk your health decreasing. And I'm really sorry for being cold to you guys, I was just so angry at myself I ended up taking it on you lot!" I end up crying again, wiping them away.

"It's not your fault, you've been through a lot, so you have every right to be angry."

"Ah, Rukia it's good to see you awake" The voice comes from a female doc, standing next to Kai. "We have kept a close eye on you, I must say you gave us quite the scare." She smiles at me, what a nice warm smile she has. You don't often get that from docs, considering from past experiences.

"How long must I stay here?" I ask. "Well we checked our test results and we will have to examine you again. If everything goes well, you should be released later today. May I ask? We haven't had any contact from any family, we understand what has happened to your mother, father and sister. But is there any family that would take you in?"

I smile fades away, I stare at the bed sheets. I shake my head "Will I go into care? Please don't send me there, I don't want to be stuck in a care home." Care homes are for unwanted children, who is constantly gets taken in then taken back. The woman looks a bit concerned at first, she looks at Ruki who then exchanged glances with everyone else who nodded.

"W-What's going on?"

Ruki takes my hand again and looks me in the eye. "Rukia. We thought something like this would happen and we discussed it between the five of us. We would like this to happen, but it will only happen if you want to." I look confused, I don't understand what he means. "Would. Would you come and live with us in Japan?"

Im speechless at first, did he just say to live with them in Japan? "That's only if you want to though."

I snaped out of my trance and ask, "You mean you will adopt me?" he nods. I quickly hug him, ignoring the pain I was in, "Yes! Thank you, thank you so much!" I couldn't stop smiling, and happy tears fall. "But wait. Are you sure about this though? You have to work. What about school, I barely know much Japanese?"

Kai speaks "No need to worry, we all will help out. We will help with learning Japanese, and there are a few schools, that speak very good English. You should be ok with your studies then. Is that ok?"


"Yea, that should be fine. It's gonna be weird though. You're gonna adopt me, so what I'll have to start thinking you as my father? It's kinda funny, imagining you as a dad." I start laughing.

"Uh well, you don't have to think of me that way... Just think of us as...as I don't know, I give up!" Ruki says going a darker shade of red, causing everyone to laugh with me.

Reita comes next to me, wraps his arm around my shoulders and says "Just think of us all, as your older brothers! We will always be there to support you no matter what!" Smiling at me.

"Yea, older brothers. So when do we move?"

"Well, that depends if you get out today and you will need to go back to your home and pack." I nod.

"Oh that reminds me Rukia, you've been getting calls from the same 2 girls asking to talk or visit you. I think their names were Freya and Charlotte." I feel a even bigger smile come out.

"No way! They actually called!?" Freya and Charlotte are my closet and best friends I have ever had, I actually never expected them to call. I thought they would avoid me, because I was . "Yes, would you like to call them."

"No. I was hoping you could take me somewhere else aswell, not just my home. I would like to pay them a surprise visit." "Yea, that should be ok."

Normal POV

Later that day, Rukia was clear to leave the hospital. Papers and many forms were filled for making Rukia the adoptive daughter of Ruki, although they think of each other as close friends or brothers on the outside. But what about those inside feelings, do they say something else?

Rukia tried walking for the first time in a week, she managed to stand up. But in her first step she fell down, her legs were still badly bruised and sore. But after hours of practising in the hotel. She learned to ignore most of the pain and can walk short distances.

That large hole that was left in Rukia's heart, was now being filled with the love of her new family. Her five strange but wonderful older brothers.

Rukia's POV A few days later...

"Just turn left here! No not there Reita, that way!" I yell at Reita in the car. I've been giving directions for the past couple hours, just to get to my school. We called up earlier saying that I wanted to have a last look round and to give my best friends a surprise visit.

But have been taking longer than expected, because Reita keep going through the wrong turns. After correcting for the 100th time, we make it to the school. I had to tell Ruki, Reita, Aoi, Uruha and Kai to dress more casual and less WOW! Since visual kei stuff like that isn't a major fashion in the UK. Even I dress like that, I don't want them to get hassled by other people. But they still added their own v-kei style.

We walk through the front of the school, to be greeted by my head teacher. "It's good see you again Rukia, you are looking well"

"Thank you sir"

"Would you like anyone to come with you, to give a tour to your new family?"

"No, can you just come with me to my form class? I wanna surprise my friends."

"Yes of course lets go then"

Walking through the coridors of my school was a bit strange and akward. It's registration, so there aren't that many students around, but I hear the odd student whispering. I try my best to ignore it. It doesn't take long, until I reach my classroom. I have a quick peep through the door window, everyone is there including Freya and Charlotte.

My head teacher knocks on the door while I hide behind him. "Good morning students, now is Freya and Charlotte here today?"

"Yes" they both say at the same time and stand up from their seats. "Is the something wrong sir?" Freya asks.

"No nothing is wrong, but I believe you two have a visiter."

They both look confused and Charlotte starts muttering to herself "Why would anyone come and visit..."

I step away from hiding and walk in, hearing everyone gasp "Hey guys, it's been a while" I wave and smile brightly at everyone.

"Rukia!" They both run up to me, and squeeze me in a hug. Charlotte who is most emotional out of all of us burst out crying.

"We-We were so worried! We thought we lost you, no one would let us come and visit you! Wh-Why didnt you call!?"

"Sorry for not calling, but I only got out of hospital a couple days ago, and I wanted to see you guys directly not by talking on the phone."

Freya who trying to be strong is sniffling, "Is it, is t true what they said on the news. Did that really happen to you?" I nod, tears falling down my face.


My teacher and head teacher exchanged words, and me, Freya, Charlotte and my new family started talking in an empty classroom. "You guys don't hate me, then? Now that you know that I was ?" I ask them.

They look shocked at my question, "No! of course not, we are your best friends and we love you. We could never hate you because of that, we will support you no matter what."

"Thank you. Mustn't forget, you guys haven't officially met, Freya, Charlotte meet the GazettE." Each member stood up and introduced themselves.

Charlotte suddenly spoke out "Oh my god! You're actually them, Rukia never shuts up about you lot. Just to add, Ruki. Rukia is absolutely fallen heads over heels in love with you!" Laughing her head off.

"CHARLOTTE!" I yell at her, feeling myself go red. "That's not true!" I watch her, finally calming down, smirking. I can feel the stares of Ruki and the others looking back from me to Ruki. God out of all the Charlottes outbursts, she decides to bring this up. Sometimes I hate her for this, but I love her too much, I can never stay mad at her.

"Guys, there's something I want to talk to you about." I have to tell them, I have to them I'm moving to Japan. I hope they won't hate me for this. "Yes what is it?" Both of them looking serious, so serious it's almost laughable but I keep that thought out of my head.

"Well, I have no family left now. Meaning that I'm a foster child, but an amazing offer has been offered to me." I look up at Ruki and the others, they give me reasuring smiles. Ruki holds my hand to give me the extra push. "I still love you guys and I know I'll miss you. But I'm going to live in Japan." They look on my friends faces were blank, shocked.

"Ruki has adopted me, and he wants me to live in Japan with him and the rest of the guys." Still speechless, I started to have doubts that they were going to forgive me. "Um, if you don't like the idea or you can just say so..."

Freya snaps out of her trance "No! No! Its not that, I'm so happy for you."

Charlotte gets up from her seat and walks in front of my 'older brothers' and gives them her 'you better take notes of this, or your dead' talk "If this is what Rukia wants, then I will allow this to happen. But if any of you hurt her, I will personaly come and hunt you down!" Haha, I just love it when they get serious, it really shows how strong our friendship is. I watch the all the boys faces pale under the threat.

"Thank You. I love you guys and I'm going to miss you guys." I give them a final hug.

"Yea, yea. But you better call us when you get there!" I burst out laughing. "Bye guys! And thank you again, for understanding everything!"

We say our final words before leaving. I lead the way out, with the boys following behind.

Ruki's POV

I start following everyone else but, someone grabbed my jacket stopping me. It was Rukias friend, Charlotte. She whispers to me, so no one notices what we are up to "I meant what I said earlier. If you break Rukias heart, I will kill you. She loves you very much, please don't break her heart." I nod and quickly catch up with the others.

Is that true Rukia? Is it true what Charlotte told me? Do you love me?

Author Notes
Hey guys finally this chapter is done, it's not much but I thought I should add something else before Rukia leaves England. Bet this gave you a shocker, Rukia survived. Yay! I couldn't let Rukia die, it would be too tragic!
The two best friends Freya and Charlotte, I just wanted to say those two I included because of the real Freya and Charlotte that I keep close to me. The real Freya and Charlotte are my best friends, and we are always together and support each other no matter what happens.