Her Eyes

Fell For Her Cold Heart

Key’s POV

I stood outside the classroom as I waited for my new Home group teacher to finish addressing the class. As I waited, I kicked around a scrunched up piece of paper I found on the floor.

What is taking him so long?

Sigh. I might as well tell you a bit about myself in this time.

I’ve almost finished my second last year of high school and I just turned 18 in September. My name is Kim Kibum but most people call me Key. When I was young I really loved to solve puzzles and mysteries, I still do, so my friends gave me that nickname. I guess it has stuck since then.

You’re probably wondering why I suddenly transferred to a new school so late in the year. I’m used to switching schools often. My father holds high rank in a large company so he often has to move around the country. Sometimes even overseas. My mother always goes with him which meant I had to as well since I wasn’t old enough to live by myself yet. This time though, we’re probably not going to move again for a while since my parents kinda wish to settle down. From my last few sentences you probably already figured it out, but yes, I do come from a richer-than-average family.

Now you’re probably thinking, why didn’t your parents just hire a maid to look after you like other rich people? Well here’s the surprising part. Unlike most rich people, my parents are actually nice. Gasp! And they prefer to do their housework themselves instead of hiring maids to do it for them. Double Gasp!

Yeah, so now you know more about me… Wait. Who am even I talking to? I must be going crazy from all this waiting.

Ugh… How long is that teacher going to make me wait outside?

Bored, I opened up the piece of paper I was kicking around to read what was inside.

Kim Himchan <3 Park Yoojin

Huh? It’s just some stupid love letter.

But before I could examine it more the teacher called me inside. Finally!

As I stepped into the room I braced myself for what always happened on the first day in every new school I went to.

Immediately, girls started squealing and talking to each other excitedly. A few guys were glaring at me jealously. Not trying to be cocky, but I will admit that I am quite good-looking. I’m always surrounded by girls who would try to flirt with me but I’ve never been interested in them. They only care about my looks. None of them understand the type of person I am or who I am inside.

My teacher, who I learnt was called Mr Lee, instructed me to stand at the front of the class and introduce myself.

“Annyeonghaseyo. My name is Kim Kibum but most people call me Key. I transferred to this school because of my father’s business. I hope we’ll be good friends. Please look after me,” I said and bowed to the class. The students whispered to each other when I finished my introduction.

I looked around the classroom. Everyone was staring around me. Then my eyes fell on one girl sitting in the far corner of the room who was looking out of the window with a bored expression on her face. Something about how she wasn’t interested in me at all was intriguing so I continued to stare at her.

Probably sensing someone watching at her, she looked to the front of the room. Our eyes connected. What surprised me the most about her was the coldness in her eyes as she stared back at me. Strangely, they didn’t intimidate me at all but captivated me. Our eyes locked for only a few seconds before she looked away but during that time I felt my world freeze…

.

.

.

“Hello? Mr Kim Kibum?”

I snapped back to reality when Mr Lee waved his hand in front of my face. The rest of the class watched me confusedly.

“Oh. Sorry. What did you say?” I asked the teacher with a sheepish grin.

“I said. Would you please take a seat at the back next to Miss Park Yoojin?” he repeated with a hint of annoyance.

Park Yoojin? That name sounds familiar. I wonder where I heard it from?

I scanned the back of the room for an empty seat and found one right next to the girl I was staring at earlier.

Oh... So that’s her name…

As I walked towards the back of the room, Yoojin looked at me with a piercing gaze. I felt my heart start to beat faster as I went closer to her. It was a feeling I had never felt before. It wasn't fear. The feeling made me feel warm and fuzzy inside. And excited to know her better...

How does she do that?


So how was it? I hope it wasn’t too bad… Please comment below so I know what you thought of it. ^^