'First kiss'

Can you hear me?

Iseul’s POV

I followed my colleague out. I saw a familiar back view, bowing and handing out a small box of something to my fellow colleagues.

“You’ve worked hard.” He said as he bowed and continued to hand out whatever he is handing out to the others.

I crossed my arms, leaned against the wall as I smiled and watch him.

“Your boyfriend is really sweet. He is asking us to be nice to you with this little bribe.” She showed me her present.

“Have I handed you yours?” Doojoon asked as he turned to my colleague.

She smiled and nodded.

“Hi!” He waved excitedly at me.

“Come here, Santa Claus.” I said as I gestured him to follow me into my room.

I could hear my colleagues giggling to themselves.

“Sit down.” I said, pointing to the chair.

I turned to look at him. He bit his lower lip.

“Did I do something wrong?” He asked, pouting.

“I don’t know. Did you?” I .

He frowned, as though thinking.

“I didn’t say you’re my girlfriend!” He exclaimed.

“But you didn’t deny it either.” I said.

He let out a cheeky grin.

“If they find out who you are, your reputation is going to go down the drain.” I said.

“My reputation is really not that important after all, you know.” He said.

“What’s that?” I changed the topic, pointing to the big paper bag he was holding.

“Oh! Just some food for them. Don’t we all want to have a little cupcake or something sweet at this point of the day?” He smiled as he opened one of the box, revealing a cute cupcake.

“You packed these?” I asked.

He nodded and offered me a cupcake, looking like a little boy.

“Thanks.” I smiled as I the cream off the top.

“Is it nice?” He asked as I ate it.

“It’s awesome.” I said.

“You can have the rest. I bought extra.” He said.

“How about yourself?” I asked.

He shook his head.

“Why not? Don’t you want one of these delicious little thing?” I asked, pushing the cupcake to his mouth.

He moved away and shook his head.

“Why not?” I stuck out my lower lip.

“I… I can’t.” He said softly.

“You can’t? Why not?” I asked.

“Just can’t.” He said.

“Are you restricted?” I asked.

He nodded.

“PLEASE!!! You don’t need to be on a diet or whatnot, alright!? Eat it!” I demanded.

He sighed and took the cupcake from me reluctantly. I felt bad for forcing him, but I did not want him to become thinner than he already is. In the past, he eats everything. But now, he eats almost nothing.

“I don’t enjoy forcing you too, you know.” I said, taking the cupcake away from him.

I ate the cream and scooped out a tiny bit of the cake to feed him.

“But do you know each time I see you, I feel like you’ve drop a size?” I said.

He smiled and shook his head.

“You clearly have not seen yourself in the mirror. I know you guys are working on the comeback and you need to ‘look good’, but this is not the way. You may be doing it for work now, but it’ll soon turn into an illness.” I said, feeding him more.

“It’s really okay to eat, alright?” I said, handing the cupcake to it.

“Finish it.” I said.

He nodded. Although he was eating quite slowly, at least he was eating.

“You know when my colleague came in and said my boyfriend is here, I thought he came back.” I said.

He looked up with wide eyes.

“I’ll break his legs if he ever comes back.” He said dangerously.

“But actually… if he comes back… I would very much want to ask why he left…” I said.

“NO!” He shouted, surprising me.

“What!? Calm down!” I said.

He looked away angrily.

“I said ‘if he comes back’. But I doubt he ever will.” I said.

“No. Just no, okay? No.” He said.

“Alright, alright. No, no. Anything you say. Calm down.” I said, afraid of his sudden temper.

***
Doojoon’s POV

I was about to lie down in bed when my phone rang. I quickly answered it, not wanting to wake Hyunseung who was already asleep.

“Hello?” I answered as I walked out of the room.

“Doooooooooo~” Iseul whined, I could picture her pouting.

“What’s wrong? It’s almost 3AM, why aren’t you asleep?” I asked.

“I’m hungry.” She said.

“You’re hungry? What would you like to eat?” I asked as I grabbed my coat, car keys and wallet.

“Are you going to buy it for me?” She asked excitedly.

“Of course. What would you like?” I smiled to myself at her cuteness.

“I want seafood pasta and a chicken burger!” She said.

“So much?” I asked.

“I can’t?” She asked sadly.

“Of course you could.” I laughed as I got into the car.

“Come quickly!” She said.

“Okay, I’ll be there quick.” I said.

I hurried to buy the food because I had her taste of her temper when I took too much time the other time she asked me to buy her food. Six months of being a sweet, pregnant Iseul and now the real pregnant self is showing.

I let myself into her apartment when I arrived.

“OUCH!!” I yelled out in pain when I felt something hard hit my back.

“OH! It’s you!” She said, dropping the umbrella.

“Arghhh~ Why did you hit me?” I asked, bending down in hope to ease the pain.

“I thought it was a thief! How could you simply let yourself in at such a timing!?” She sounded as though I was at fault.

“I didn’t want to wake you up by ringing the doorbell!” I should not be shouting at her, but it was so painful I got angry.

“Why are you even here!?” She shouted back.

“Did you forget you asked me to buy you food!? Seafood pasta and chicken burger, does it ring a bell!?” I shouted.

“Ouh. Ya. Heee~” She grinned, taking the bag of food from me.

She sat down on the floor, digging into the food as her stomach rested on her lap.

“Do you want some?” She asked, raising a forkful of spaghetti.

It was as if what happened just now did not happen at all.

 “Do you want some?” She asked again.

“No. Enjoy it.” I smiled.

“Okay then~” She continued to eat happily.

I sat down next to her, looking at her protruding stomach and felt like as if the baby was saying to me ‘You can never be angry at her, so don’t even bother trying.’

“Why are you staring at me?” She asked.

“Huh?” I looked at her, confused.

“Why are you staring at my stomach? Am I fat?” She pouted.

“What!?” I exclaimed at hearing her call herself fat.

I shook my head.

“You’re not fat!” I said.

“It’s so huge.” She rubbed her stomach.

“Because baby is growing well.” I said, still looking at her stomach.

Out of a sudden, she grabbed my hand and placed it on her stomach. My eyes widened when I felt the baby move.

“The baby….” I mumbled, unable to speak properly.

“I have been wanting you to feel this.” She smiled.

“You… you wanted me to feel this?” I asked.

She nodded. The baby moved again. I have always wanted to feel her stomach, but I did not dare to do it because I was not her boyfriend or husband, so what rights does it give me to touch?

“Oh my god…” I covered my mouth.

“How does it feel?” She asked.

“Magical.” I said as I blinked my tears away.

As of now, this is the best feeling in the world.  

Her stomach became my playground for the next hour. She laughed as I amused myself with every single movement of the baby.

“Why are you letting her kick your face?” She laughed when I rested my cheek against her stomach, feeling the baby kick against my cheek.

“It’s cute!” I said.

Then, I realized what she just said.

“It’s a girl?” I asked, surprised.

Iseul smiled proudly and nodded.

“Hey, princess.” I whispered to her stomach.

“Aigoo~” I was surprised when the baby kicked again.

“Where are you going?” I asked when she stood up.

“Wait. Let me go get something.” She said.

“But, but… I’m not done playing with princess!” I said.

“It’s not like I’m not coming back!” She said as she headed back into her room.

She came out shortly, holding an envelope in her hand.

“For you.” She said, handing it to me.

“What’s this?” I asked, wanting to open the envelope, but she stopped me.

“Later.” She said.

I nodded and continued feeling her stomach and playing with the baby.

“The baby is not even physically playing with you and you’re already so happy.” She said.

“Who says this is not physically playing?” I said, caressing her stomach.

“You’ll make a good father, Doodoo ah~” She said.

“You think so?” I smiled.

She nodded.

“Your child would be so damn lucky to have you as his or her father.” She said.

But Iseul, I only want to be the father of your child, even if she is not biologically mine.

“Drive safely.” She said as we bid goodbye.

“Okay. Sleep well.” I said to her.

“Sleep well, princess.” I touched her stomach one more time before leaving.

“Text me when you’re back.” She said.

“Okay.” I said.

“Aren’t you going?” She asked when I did not move.

“Can I…” I muttered.

“What?” She asked.

“Can I give princess a kiss?” I asked with whatever courage I have.

She was silent.

“It’s okay. I was just…” My words were cut short when she lifted her shirt, revealing her bare pregnant stomach.

“Of course you may.” She said.

I bend down and pressed my lips against her stomach. It was a weird place for a first kiss, but it was amazing.

I went back to my car, my heart still racing from the ‘kiss’. I was smiling so much I think if anyone saw me now, they would have mistaken me as being mentally ill. Just before I drove off, I remembered the envelope she handed to me. I took it out from my pocket and opened it.

I poured out the contents and immediately wished I would have done this at home instead of here, because now I think I would have to stay here all night since I was in no position to drive. She had given me an ultrasound photo of the baby. It may seem like nothing, but it was everything to me. . I was so happy I could die.

***
The moment our instructor called for break, I ran towards the table where my phone was. It have been vibrating for the past fifteen minutes but because I did not want to disrupt the practice, I tried to ignore it. Thinking it was Iseul, I did not bother looking at the caller ID.

“So sorry, I was in practice. Are you hungry or do you just miss me?” I said the moment I answered it.

“Doojoon, it’s me.” A deep voice called out.

I froze.

“Hello? Are you still there?” He called out.

“Ye.. yea.. yea.” I stuttered.

“Can you spare some time to meet me?” He asked.

“Wh.. en?” I asked.

“Is tonight okay?” He asked.

“O.. okay. Okay.” I said.

“At the café near your studio?” He asked.

“Okay.” I mumbled.

“See you at 7 then.” He said, ending the call.

My hands were shaking so badly I dropped my phone.

“Are you okay?” Junhyung asked as he picked up my phone and handed it back to me.

“No. I’m not.” I mumbled as I pushed pass him.

How can I be okay when he wants to meet me? 

***
tumblrmk77g6snhi1r7mqq6.gifDoojoon: No. Just no, okay? No.

tumblrm067trqoby1qgkzcm.gifWhen Iseul let him play with her stomach

tumblrmjvpk1c19o1qi21mn.gifWhen Iseul let him kiss her stomach and gave him the ultrasound photo