Her Bright Smile

No One Except You

“Good morning.” I smiled as I saw him walk thru the front door. He just bows his head and passes by without saying anything. Like usual. I sighed.

His name was Ellison Kim. He moved here, like, few weeks ago and still I don’t know anything about him beside his name and a copy of his ID card. He doesn’t speak much, compared to his next door, Lee Gikwang. I continue sweep the terrace till I heard a banging sound from room 103, Eli’s room!!! I rushed to his room.

“What happened?” I half yell, as I saw he lied on the floor.  I look around and found broken ladder and bulb.

“Nothin.” He replied and tries to wake. I offered my hand to him but he act as if he didn’t see it.

“Gwenchana?”

“im okay.”

I followed him to his room; I can tell by his movement, he injured his ankle.

“Im sorry, but that ladder is broke. You should ask me earlier, Mr. Kim. And for the bulb, Im gonna change it by myself if you tell me the light is off.” I explained as he sat down.

He murmured.

I run to get my medication box and quickly back to him.

“What you gonna do?” he ask coldly.

“Can’t you tell?” I took his injured foot and do some movement.

“YAAI! ITS HURTS!!” he yelled.

“Geez. Bear with it.” I smile when I finished. “I once attend a physiotherapist school. Try to move you ankle.”

He saw me with i-don’t-believe-you look. Still he move his sprained ankle. His changing expression shows his ankle not that hurt like before.

“Told ya.” I quickly apply some herb medication and band his ankle. “lemme know if you ankle swell.”

I gathered my meds and walk out.

“Eum. Thanks.”

I burst laughter. “Never mind.”

-----

 

“Ehm, Mr. Kim?” I knock Ellison Kim’s door.

“yes?” his head popped up.

“I made too much dinner. I forgot my sisters already back to their dorms. Have you eat?” I glanced.

He hesitating for awhile. And after moment that feels like forever he reply.

“Sure. Instant ramyeon wasn’t that good.”

I give him a super bright smile and headed to the dining room. My cooking already served there. Actually I lie to Eli. Ofc I didn’t forget yesterday Jieun, Hana and Sunhwa back to their dorms. I just wanna speak more with him.

“well, have a seat and enjoy the food.” I smiled again as I sit in front of him and start eating.

he eats in silence. I cant tell anything by his expression, whether my cooking good or bad. I keep staring at him as I swallow my food.

“Miss Jeon…” he slowly speak, broke my dreaming and take me back to dining room.

“Its Hyosung. Or nuna. Since youre younger.”

“Hyosung………..nuna.”

“Yes. Its nuna.” I giggled.

And start that night seems I always overmuch cook and invite him to have dinner with me.

----

----

“Nuna..” he surprises me.

I tripped over my own feet.

“Clumsy girl.” He whispered as he catches my body.  Or that is what I think I heard from him.

I pouted. He put me back on the ground and looks me in the eyes. Oh I got crazy on his gaze. I could look him all day if he allowed me. Haha…

“What did you cook tonight nuna?”

“Hmm beef stew.”

“Hmm.”

I get managed to walk to the kitchen as my face getting hotter.

 

NO ONE POV

 

Eli watched Hyosung nuna’s back as she walk away. Then he followed her steps to dining room and sit quietly. She serve her cooking and eli start to eat up. Maybe been a month this new activity occur. She cook dishes and Eli eat along.  Hyosung tells Eli bout her activity during the day and Eli just listening as he munches his meal. That’s the routine.

“You should adopt the dog.” Eli speak, cut Hyosung explanation about abandoned puppy on a park nearby.

Hyosung give a shock expression. Eli rarely talks to her. He is like never talk.

“Should we?” her voice full of happiness.

“Hmm.”

Hyosung face blushed. She’s happy that Eli listening to her story every night.  She think Eli just abandon her.

“Im done. Thank you for the meal nun.”

“Ah, Ellison Kim ssi. I will be out of the town for few days. I go tomorrow morning.”

Eli just bowing his head and walk to his room.

 

 ------------------------------------------

 

uh i believe this writing have much mistakes and typos.

i hope you enjoy ><