Chapter 23

Stockholm

Regina's pov

 

"Where's the jet?" I asked as I hurriedly drove away from the house. I'll just set the coordinates." He said typing in into the navigation system. "How'd you get out of jail?" I asked after a while. "A few of the guys followed me there and attempted to kill me and the officers at the station. What the hell were you thinking? Trying to take on these seasoned killers by yourself." He grumbled. "I thought that I had it under control! I think I handled myself pretty well considering." I snapped and sped up.

"Considering? Considering that you've never fired a gun in your entire life or that you got lucky and survived? Do you understand what could've happened? You could've EASILY been killed or taken away from me again. How the did you think this was better than telling me what was going on? You were acting like some ing vigilante. Haeyong doesn't care what happens to you but I DO. He would've told you what ever just to say that he helped." He snapped back. I clenched my jaw and kept silent the entire ride until I saw the jet.

"Why does it even matter? I did this to save you and your family!" I yelled and got out of the car. I heard his door open and slam then his angry footsteps on the pavement. "It matters because you're my family now whether you like it or not. That rock on your finger means you are my responsibility and I care what happens to you. You're my wife. If something had happened to you in there-" He stopped midsentece causing me to turn around to look at him. "What were you going to say?" I asked softly. He walked closer to me and ran a hand over my cheek. "Don't ever do anything like that again. If you had died...just promise you'll never do it again Ok?" He kissed my forehead then walked by me and got on to the jet. I sighed then followed after him and gasped.

The jet was plain on the outside but the inside was amazing. There was a large flat screen on a wall and plush looking chairs surrounding it. There was a door beside the TV that I figured to be the pit and another door on the side closest to me. I looked around once more before opening the door closest to me. I found Jihoon sitting on a medium sized bed trying to take the bullet out of his shoulder himself. I rolled my eyes and shut the door behind me. "Where's the first aid kit?" I asked taking off my jacket. "The bathroom." He grunted and motioned towards a small door. I quickly went inside and found the kit under the sink. I brought it back into the room and made him turn around so I could get it out. "Do you even know what you're doing?" He asked looking over his shoulder. "I was a top girl scout. They teach you survival skills." I told him with a smirk. He shrugged then laid down to allow me to get it out. After a moment of silence, I couldn't help but asked something that had been irking me for a month.

"You loved her didn't you?" I asked as I worked on his shoulder. "Who?" He yawned and tried to face me. I tsked under my breath and forcefully made him look forward. "Maya." I said. He took a moment to answer then shook his head no. "When I was younger. I thought I did but I guess it was lust. She was pretty y." He laughed. I narrowed my eyes then poured rubbing alcohol directly into his wound. "!" He hissed and gripped the bed tighter. "Oops." I deadpanned. "I usually like when you're jealous but that hurt Regina." He said using my whole name. I kept silent and worked at sewing up his back. "Did you find out who it was that was the cause of all of this?" He asked suddenly. "Yeah. My ex. William Hensworth. He'd been working with my father. He was behind my kidnapping too." I sighed. "What? Did you break his heart or tell him that he had a small or something?" He joked and flexed his back. "No. He ended it with me." I said as I put everything back in the first aid kit. "What aren't you telling me?" He asked flipping over to look at me.

"I don't know what he'd want with me now. I mean he ended it when he decided to kill our baby." I growled to myself and tossed the kit on the small bedside table. "He killed your kid?" Jihoon asked in shock. I looked at him and gave him a soft smile. "He'd be 10 next week." I chuckled humorlessly. "You had him young. What happened? Start from the beginning." He asked softly. I sighed and laid on the bed next to him and grabbed his hand and played with his fingers to keep my tears at bay. "Let's see. I was 15 when I met William. I was going through teenage angst and other bull. I hadn't seen my dad in about five years and my mom was so busy trying to show everyone her newer kid that she neglected me. She was never really there for me to begin with to be honest. So William became my world. He was my best friend, my lover. He was everything to me." I started then stopped. Jihoon pulled me closer to him and urged me to continue.

"He came from money. His family is somewhat like yours. Minus the drugs and murder. They were high society. I never cared about his money or his family's name. I loved him because he loved me. He convinced me to run away with him and I did. We were in Arizona for three months before I found out I was pregnant. He fled as soon as I told him. He left me stranded in Arizona alone and five months pregnant. I called my mom and she didn't even know I was gone. What mother doesn't notices that her daughter hasn't been around for three months?" I scoffed and let a few tears fall. Jihoon silently wiped them away and held my cheek. "How did your baby die?" He questioned again. I turned my back towards him and wrapped his arm around me.

"By the time my mother came to get me, I was ready to give birth. It took her four months to come get me. Can you believe it? My mother contacted my father and they dragged me to Mexico to attempt an abortion but it was too late. My water had broken when we landed. I gave birth to Ryan Carrizo Holmes on February 9th 2004. He was healthy and fat and I swear he was the cutest baby you'd ever lay your eyes on Ji. He had the chubbiest cheeks ever." I gushed and tightened my hold on his hand. "I bet he looked just like you Reg." He soothed and kissed my temple. "M-my dad called William and convinced him to come down and see the baby and he did. He told me how sorry he was for leaving me when he should've been with me. He gave me a bunch of sugar coated bull about how we can go back to how things were then he started to....he suffocated my baby and I couldn't do anything about it because I was so weak from giving birth. I watched as he killed his own child like it was nothing. He said he was too young and he didn't want to shame his family by having a kid at 16 so he killed my baby." I sobbed.

Jihoon hugged me from behind tightly and growled in anger. "You must think I'm weak?" I whispered. He made me face him and look him in the eyes. They were cold and calculating. "You have never been weak in my eyes. I'll kill him. I promise you I'll ing kill that son of a . I won't let him hurt you again." He said seriously. I nodded and held on to him tightly. "Would you ever do that to me?" I asked after a second. "No. I'd never do that to you or to me." He said rubbing circles on my back.

I hadn't realized that I had fallen asleep until I heard Jihoon answer the phone. "Hey. Yeah. She's fine. Listen, I need you to contact Jimmy. I need information on a William Hensworth. It's nothing I can't handle. Enjoy your time with Cici and the twins ok?" He hung up the phone and looked over at me. "Hey." I said sitting up. "How are you feeling?" He asked watching me carefully. "Sore. Dirty. Tired. I'm so sick of all of this." I admitted. He nodded and ran a hand though his long hair then sighed. "I can look into getting an annulment when we get back. I'm sure that it'll be easy to get because of my connections. You'll be safe and secure. I can even have your house be rebuilt." He offered.

"No!" I said louder than I intended. He rose a brow and waited for an explanation to my out burst. "I don't want that. I want us." I said slowly. Shock was evident on his face as his jaw dropped and his eyes went wide. "Say something." I groaned and poked him. "Why the sudden change?" He asked coming out of his shock. "It's not sudden. I've been thinking..feeling this way for a long while. You're the only constant in my life besides Dennis and I love you. I never expected it or wanted it to happen but it did and.." I trailed off once I noticed I was rambling and saw the wheels turning in his head and braced myself for rejection. He smiled and grabbed my hand. "Good." He said and laid back down. "Good? That's it? I just professed my love for you and all you have to say is good?" I scoffed.

"Yeah. I love you too. I'm just happy I wasn't the one to embarrass myself." He smirked. I was about to argue with him until I realized what he said. "You do?" I asked to make sure. He nodded and patted the space next to him and laced our fingers together. "How long?" I whispered turning to look at his profile. "Remember the first wedding? When we kissed." He said sheepishly. I racked through my brain and gasped. "You've been in love with me for almost four months!" I gaped and stared at him. He nodded then turned to me and traced my face with his finger. I grabbed his finger and made him look at me. "Do you feel weird admitting it out loud?" I asked softly. He shook his head no and smiled. "I just thought I was going to have a one sided marriage." He blushed cutely.

I kissed him and sighed when he kissed me back just as powerfully. I rolled on top of him and ran my fingers through his thick hair. He let out a moan of satisfaction then tugged at my shirt. I pulled away from him to take it off then went back to leaving hickeys along his neck and chest. He tried to take off my jeans and hissed. "What's wrong?" I asked holding his face in my hands. "I forgot about my wound." He grimaced. I leaned over his shoulder to check if the stitches came out and sighed in relief when they were fine. I kissed him again and slipped off his lap. "Maybe we should wait a bit?" I suggested. He grumbled then handed me back my shirt. "Fine." He pouted and laid back down gently. He pulled me down to his side and tucked me in close to him. "This feels right." I smiled and poked his abs. "When you have the most beautiful man in the world lying next to you, every thing feels right." He gloated. I rolled my eyes and glared at him. "Just because we're in love doesn't mean I'm going to be all gushy and lovey dovey. I'm still in the mob." He snorted.