Summer summer

Summer

So damn hot!! That’s the only thing that comes to Taeyeon’s mind right now.

Summer! Oh how she hated this season of the year!

 

She not the type that will perspire profusely under hot sun but she still feels sticky from going around the town doing deliveries!        

With the stupid helmet on her head, making deliveries on this lousy motorbike that seems like it’s going to break down any minute.

She is only clad with a tank top and a pair of short yet she is still feeling the scorching heat. She feels like jumping in the pool right this minute.

 

Why appa make me work even when I haven’t been home for so long? Why can’t he just let me enjoy my holidays? Wae?? I should have follow Jessica to Switzerland instead of coming home!

Aisshhh!

Pushing up the Rayban that is sliding down her nose, Taeyeon turns into a corner that leads her into a row of old houses. She is still so familiar with every corner and every house that she can practically do her deliveries with her eyes close. Nothing changes in her hometown.

“Ajumma Kim!! Your noodles are here!” Taeyeon shouted in the house as she grabs the aluminium box from behind her bike.

“Yeonie! You’re back!” Ajumma Kim runs out to greet Taeyeon.

Taeyeon bows at Ajumma Kim as she walks into the dining area to take out the bowls of noodles.

“Ok I’m off Ajumma, as usual you can pay my dad and drop the bowls off if you pass by our shop. Otherwise I can collect it. Thank you and sorry I’m in a rush” Taeyeon bows again while making her exit.

“Yeonie, take this.” Ajumma Kim runs after Taeyeon and hand her some vouchers. “There’s a new shop down the street, your favourite patbingsoos and ice creams.”

“Jinja!!” Taeyeon takes the vouchers from Ajumma Kim with her mind now filled with all kinds of patbingsoos and ice creams. It makes her drools.

“Komawayo Ajumma! I will drop by to see you again. Love you!” Taeyeon smiles and rides off.

 

New shop in town, maybe I can drop by later after sending my last delivery.

 

Taeyeon speeds off to her last delivery.

 

Leaving the bowl of noodles on the table, Taeyeon hops on her bike.

“Bye Ajusshi Park!”

“Hold on Yeonie!” Ajusshi Park hands her some vouchers. “Take this”

 

Free vouchers again. Taeyeon is beaming with joy. She’s thinking of how many free patbingsoos and ice creams she can eat.                                                                                                                                               

“Bye Ajusshi Park! Love you!”

 

Finally! Now to the new shop! Tayeon speeds up but the stupid motorbike can only go up to 40km. Even the bicycle is faster than it.

 

 

Taeyeon parks her bike opposite the shop. Wow! Taeyeon snorts looking at the shop. Pink! The whole shop is pink in colour!

Maybe Hello Kitty will pop out from the shop. Taeyeon laughs at her silly joke. She gets off her bike, puts her helmet down on the seat and walks towards the shop.

Sure it’s crowded. Taeyeon push her Rayban sunglasses again as she enters the shop.

Wow even the interior is pink in colour.

Maybe the owner is Hello Kitty. Taeyeon sniggers at her own silly joke again.

“Tae it’s been so long” Taeyeon feels a tap on her shoulder.

“Hyo!” Taeyeon turns and sees her best friend since childhood, she gives her a hug.

“When did you come back? So how’s school in Seoul?” Hyoyeon pull her to a corner where they can chat.

“I came home yesterday Hyo and this morning appa makes me do all the deliveries. Can you believe it? It’s been so long since I came back home and now he’s making me work instead of letting me enjoy my summer holidays” Taeyeon complains.

Hyoyeon laughs. “Well this shop is the right place to cheer you up with everything you love; I still remember your craze for ice creams and patbingsoos.

“Hyo is this shop own by Hello Kitty?” Taeyeon chortles at her own joke.

“Yah Tae you’re still the same. Still a dork forever a dork” Hyoyeon teases her childhood friend.

Taeyeon pretend to gives a punch in Hyoyeon’s face.

 

The owner comes out to greet the customers when Taeyeon and Hyoyeon is still having their fun in the corner of the shop.

 

“Hi everyone! I’m so glad to see so many of you here today! Thank you all for coming today and please enjoy yourself!” 

 

The voice attracts the attention of Taeyeon and Hyoyeon.

“Hey it’s not Hello Kitty Tae” Hyoyeon elbows Taeyeon.

But Taeyeon wasn’t paying attention or feeling any pain at all. Her eyes are fixed on the owner. Her eyes are smiling.

“Hey! Taengoo!!” Hyoyeon waves her hand infront of Taeyeon’s face.

“W-what! Yah look at her with those pink ears, she’s half Hello Kitty” Taeyeon tries to laugh it off the awkwardness.

“Come let queue up” Hyoyeon grabs Taeyeon and joins the queue. She couldn’t take her eyes off the girl behind the counter.

When it’s finally their turn to order, the girl with the pink ears goes into the kitchen.

Damn it! Taeyeon grabs her patbingsoo after ordering from a different girl.

 

After that day Taeyeon kept going back to the shop to have ice creams and patbingsoos. She always goes after finishing her deliveries. Just to see that eye smiling girl. Taeyeon never had a chance to talk to that girl. It’s always a weird hair girl that takes her order.

“Hi you’re almost here everyday” the weird hair girl trying to make conversation with Taeyeon.

“I have a lot of free coupons; I wanna use them up before it expires.” Taeyeon is not looking at the blondie, her eyes are looking around for that eye smiling girl. She hasn’t seen that girl for almost three days.

“My name is Sunny by the way.” Sunny puts Taeyeon’s order on the tray and push it to her.

“Oh, hi, thanks. Oh yah where’s the owner of this shop? The eye smiling girl?” Taeyeon look at the blondie.

“Oh Tiff is sick.”

“Tiff? What kind of name is that?” Taeyeon mumbles to herself without looking at the weird hair girl.

She hands over the coupon and walks off with her patbingsoo deep in her thoughts.

She’s sick, I wonder how is she?

Just as she starting to eat her patbingsoo her phone rings.

“Yeobosaeyo”

“Yeonie, where are you? Can you come back, there’s one more last minute delivery” Her dad is on the other line.

“Appa why can’t you get oppa to do it, I’m having my patbingsoo” Taeyeon whines in her phone.

“Yeonie just get back here! No time to whine. Your oppa is out making deliveries too and he is too far away. You can have your patbingsoo anytime!” Her dad hangs up.

Aiishhh! Taeyeon quickly gobble up her patbingsoo.

She quickly runs back to her bike after finishing the patbingsoo and rushes back to the shop.

 

“Appa I’m back!”

“Here! The last order! Quick and becareful”

“Ne!”

 

Taeyeon grabs the noodles and back on her bike again.

 

Taeyeon stops her bike right in front of a beautiful house. A one storey house with a small little garden, Taeyeon always wanted a house like this just for herself. She rings the bell. After waiting for a minute, Taeyeon rings the bell again. Eh? Taeyeon checks the address. It’s here. Taeyeon takes out her phone and dial the number on the invoice. No answer. She decided to enter the gate and knock the door instead.

 

“Hi! Your order is here!” Taeyeon shouts on top of her lungs. She hears footsteps coming for the door.

“Finally” Taeyeon mutters under the hot sun.

The door opens slowly.

Oh My God!! Taeyeon jaws drop when she sees the person standing right in front of her.

Eye smiling girl!!

Taeyeon freeze on her spot, staring at the person right in front of her. Her face is burning up, she is not sure whether it’s the sun or the person in front of her makes her this way.

“Hi I’m so sorry I couldn’t hear the bell.” The girl coughs.

“I-it’s o-ok” Taeyeon didn’t know what to do.

“You can come in.” The girl opens the door wider for Taeyeon.

“N-ne” Taeyeon takes off her shoe and steps in. Taeyeon walks in and waits for the girl to close the door. Taeyeon quietly follows behind the girl after she closes her door. Taeyeon vision unconsciously goes down looking at the girl’s . What a bouncy .

What the hell am I doing! Taeyeon quickly snaps out of her byuntae mode.

The girl leads her to the dining area.

“You can leave it here.” The girl coughs again rather badly.

“Have you seen a doctor?” Taeyeon puts the noodle on the dining table.

“No I hate taking medicine” Tiffany pouts.

“Are you a baby or what” Taeyeon tries not to look at the girl pouting cutely.

The girl looks at Taeyeon in the eyes.

“Ahh no wonder you looked so familiar. You’re that girl that always comes to my shop to have ice creams and patbingsoos. One of my girls kept talking about you.

“Who?” Taeyeon is blushing.

“Sunny” Taeyeon shrugs upon hearing that name.

“The girl with the funky hair” Tiffany looks at the bewildered Taeyeon.

“Ahh ne the weird hair girl”

“Hahahaha the weird hair girl” Tiffany laughs so hard that she coughs again. “What about me do I have any nickname?”

“Errmm you are the e-eye s-smiling g-girl” Taeyeon stutters when she is nervous.

“The eye smiling girl!” Tiffany laughs out loud again with her husky voice. She coughs again but this time it’s bad. Taeyeon quickly run to get a glass of water and gives it to Tiffany.

“You shouldn’t laugh so hard” Taeyeon pats the girl back when Tiffany’s drinking the water slowly.

“Thank you” Tiffany sniffles after the cough. “You really make me laugh so hard. You’re cute errmm” Tiffany looks at Taeyeon with raised eyebrows.

“Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon” Taeyeon blush and bring up her hand.

“Tiffany, Hwang Tiffany” Tiffany shakes Taeyeon’s hand.

“Tiffany? American name?” Taeyeon scratch her head. She doesn’t look American.

“I was born in US Taeyeon, but still a Korean.” Tiffany explains.

“What’s your hangul name?” Taeyeon thinks if she’s a Korean she must have a Korean name.

“You don’t have to know” Tiffany sticks out her tongue at Taeyeon.

“Waeyo? What’s wrong telling me your hangul name?” Taeyeon runs after Tiffany into the kitchen.

“Nothing” Tiffany grabs her purse and gives Taeyeon the money for the noodles.

Taeyeon pouts and takes the money from Tiffany.

Tiffany chuckles looking at Taeyeon cute pout.

Taeyeon bids Tiffany goodbye reluctantly, she wanted to stay longer and talk to her. She really should thank her appa for this. Taeyeon is grinning all the way home on her bike.

 

For the next few days, Taeyeon send noodles for Tiffany till she recovers from her sickness. Each time Taeyeon just stays longer and longer in Tiffany’s house. They have so many things to talk about every day. They become best of friends so instantly. When Tiffany finally recovered from her sickness, Taeyeon will visit her at the shop. Tiffany will always accompany her at the table while Taeyeon enjoys her ice creams or patbingsoo. They will talk and laugh about anything.

 

“Boss no fair. I like her first, how come you’re like best of friends with her now?” Sunny pouts at Tiffany.

“Aigoo Sunny ah, we are just friends, but to think of it we really does hit it off quite well.” Tiffany winks at Sunny.

 

Ding!!

 

“Welcome!” Sunny shouts from behind the counter. Sunny eyes sparkle seeing the cute girl walking in.

“Hi Sunny ssi, where’s your boss?” Taeyeon comes to the counter looking around for Tiffany.

“Aisshh! Tiffany, Tiffany. It’s always Tiffany” Sunny pouts and walk off.

“Boss! Someone’s looking for you!” Sunny shouts into the kitchen.

“Tae!” Tiffany sees Taeyeon standing at the counter.

Taeyeon melts seeing Tiffany eye smile. She is so beautiful. Taeyeon is grinning like an idiot.

“Wassup Tae?” Tiffany comes out from the counter.

“Want to meet up tonight? I like to bring you to a place” Taeyeon smile widely.

“Ok you’ll come pick me up?”

“Yup see you tonight!” Taeyeon’s eyes sparkles, she winks at Tiffany and runs out of the shop.

 

 

“Ahh Tae this is so beautiful! I never know about this place” Tiffany looks at the scenery in front of her. Taeyeon brought Tiffany to her favourite place, the hideout where she would come when she was a kid.

The summer holidays are ending soon for Taeyeon, she has to go back to Seoul in a few days time. She needs to do this now or never. Because it’s her last year in uni so she won’t be coming back to Jeonju for a very long time. She looks at Tiffany back view admiring the night sceneries. Taeyeon always wanted to bring that special someone to this hideout of hers. Not even her childhood friend Hyo knows about this place.

 

“Tiffany come and sit over here” Tiffany turns still smiling sits beside Taeyeon at the big stone.

“Fany ah I-I need to tell y-you something” Taeyeon stutters when she is nervous.

“Ne Tae” Tiffany looks at Taeyeon with her big eyes.

Taeyeon couldn’t look straight into Tiffany eyes, she stands up and starting to pace up and down.

“Errrmm Fany ah, I-i-i-I” Taeyeon stutters non stop.

“Ne Tae what is it?” Tiffany cross her leg puts her chin on her fist looking at the nervous girl.

Taeyeon stops pacing up and down and squat in front of Tiffany. Tayeon draws in a big breath. She dare not look at Tiffany. Here goes nothing.

“My summer holidays are going to be over; I have to go back to school in Seoul soon. I may not be able to come back here as often because it’s my last year in school and I need to concentrate on my studies. Also I might just work in Seoul too. I need you to know that I like you very very much. I know maybe you will feel weird coz I’m a girl. But I believe when its true love does it even matter. I don’t want to go back to Seoul and thinks about you all the time and regretting or scolding myself for not confessing to you. You may not have the same feeling as me but at least give it a thought and maybe give it a chance. Life is too short to worry about this and that. I really like you a lot Fany ah!”

Taeyeon breathes in heavily. She still dare not look at Tiffany; she is staring on the ground.

Tiffany is shock hearing Taeyeon’s confession. She didn’t know what to say.

“Send me home please.” That’s what comes out from Tiffany finally.

Taeyeon finally looks up. She expected this but it sure feels hurt, a wrench in her heart. She stands up without looking or saying a word to Tiffany.

Nobody says anything throughout the journey. She drops Tiffany off her house. Tiffany walks in her house without saying a word.

Taeyeon looks at Tiffany’s back view disappearing into her house. That’s it huh.

Taeyeon feels her eyes blurred up. She speeds off on her bike. She cries while riding. She didn’t go straight home. She goes back to her hideout again and cries her heart out.

This is it. What a summer. She had no regrets at all. Taeyeon wipes her tears away.

She looks at the beautiful scenery in front of her. She smiles.

 

She never goes back to Tiffany’s shop anymore. She tries to avoid taking that route for her deliveries as well. Her appa actually lets her off the last three days of her holidays. She still helps out in the shop anyway. At night she will go drinking with Hyo, she’s the only one here now. The rest of her childhood friends are all in Seoul.

“You should go to Seoul Hyo” Taeyeon slurs her words, she getting drunk.

“Get out of here to have fun! You only live once! Explore! Experience life!” Taeyeon raises her voice.

Hyoyeon just looks at her best friend with sleepy eyes without saying anything. She knows Taeyeon is sad about something but she never ask. Best friends since Pre School, she knows Taeyeon inside out.

 

Taeyeon gives hugs her parents, brother and her little sister after loading all her bags in her car. They say goodbyes leaving Taeyeon and Hyoyeon alone. Taeyeon starts the engine; she turns and gives Hyoyeon a big hug.

“Thanks Hyo, for being there for me. Please come to Seoul anytime to visit ok. Sooyoung, Yuri, Yoona we can get together like old times. You have my address.” Taeyeon taps on Hyoyeon shoulder.

“Sure Taengoo. I will. Take care. Now get lost” Hyoyeon chuckles reaching out for the car door and opens it up for Taeyeon.

 

 

 

Taeyeon cramming up in her apartment busy with her assignments, it’s been two months since she came back from her hometown. She brought a lot of homemade food for the rest of the girls. Especially Sooyong and Yoona, they go nuts when they see all the food.

The girls always gather at Taeyeon’s apartment. It’s like their command centre or some sort. Taeyeon always love having them around.

 

 

“Bye”

Sending the girls off after their dinner here at Taeyeon’s apartment, Taeyeon resume back to her studies.

Taeyeon looks out the window in front of her desk. Three months now, and she still feels the hurt in her heart whenever she thinks of Tiffany. She just couldn’t forget that eye smiling girl at all.

 

Ding Dong!

 

“Aissh must be Yuri always forgets something.” Taeyeon rushes to the door and opens without looking. “Yuri ah why are you always so forgetful? Come in and get it, I want to study” Taeyeon leaves the door open and walks to the kitchen to get a drink from the fridge.

Taeyeon feels strange when there’s no rampaging sound coming. She turns around after grabbing a yogurt drink from her fridge.

Oh my god!

Tiffany is standing right in front of her! Taeyeon almost splurts out the yogurt drink that’s already in .

 

“TIFFANY! W-what a-are y-you doing here?” Taeyeon quickly swallow down the drink

 

“I got your address from Hyoyeon. I’m sorry for walking away. I’m confuse Tae. You make me so confuse. So I decided to come down here and give myself, us a chance. Like you say I don’t want to have regrets in my life too” Tiffany walks slowly towards Taeyeon while talking.

 

Now standing face to face, Tiffany gives her most beautiful eye smile and Taeyeon laughs at her dorkiest laugh ever.

 

 

Maybe summer is not that bad after all.

 

 

 

 

I know i should be working on my on going. But hehehe coz i just hate this damn hot weather!!!

ok ok i will go back to my on going.

pls dont bother abt the grammar mistakes or weird parts. Im just plain lazy to chk. 

I don't mind comments :)

MUAckZZZZ!!!