Gluttony

Angel Lock

 

 

Chapter  Six: Gluttony

Gluttony n

 excessive eating: the act or practice of eating and drinking to excess.

Gluttony is one of the seven deadly sins in Christian tradition.

(Enc)

---o0o---

                “Boys! Breakfast is ready!” Myung-soo’s mother called from downstairs.

“We’re coming!” Myung-soo yelled from his room. “We’ll be down in ten minutes!” he said before lightly nudging the boy sleeping beside him. Ever since his mother knew about Angel, she became so warm and welcoming that she even insisted for him to sleep inside Myung-soo’s room. Myung-soo had no problems with that, since he had been sleeping in his art room with Angel before.

The two quickly washed and changed clothes. Myung-soo lend Sung-gyu one of his uniforms, and because they used to buy one size larger, the uniform that was a bit loose on Myung-soo became a perfect fit to Sung-gyu.

“Oh, my two beautiful sons,” Mrs. Kim exclaimed as the two went down for breakfast. “Sit down, our menu for today is apple pancakes!”

Myung-soo thought it will be a usual breakfast, but then Sung-gyu made a remark that surprised him and his mother.

“Wow, this is delicious!” Sung-gyu said, “I never knew apples will be tasty!”

“You’ve never had apples before?” Mrs. Kim said. Sung-gyu nodded while eating the rest on his first serving. “The only thing I know about apples is its scientific name and the countries to where it is located. Not the taste,” Sung-gyu said. “Can I have some of these for lunch and some for my dinner too?”

“Oh, well…” Mrs. Kim and Myung-soo casted weird glances at each other, “Sure, why not? Apples are healthy. I’ll make some for your lunch.”

---o0o---

“Are you really going to eat all of those?” Myung-soo eyed the huge lunchbox Sung-gyu had on his lap. They were sitting at the last seat of the school bus, and Myung-soo just couldn’t believe his hyung.

“Yes, of course,” Sung-gyu said, “your mother cooked this so it is only right to show her my appreciation.”

“That’s not what I mean,” Myung-soo lifted up the lunchbox and weighed it in his hands. “I mean, can you really manage to stuff all of these in your stomach?”

“Yeah, I can eat all five pancakes in that lunchbox,” Sung-gyu said. Myung-soo narrowed his eyes, “Just five?”

“Well, your mom stuffed another five for you,” Sung-gyu said sheepishly.

“Hyung! I don’t eat pancakes for lunch!” Myung-soo said, “let alone cold pancakes!”

“Myung! I can’t live without eating apples!” Sung-gyu pleaded, “This is the first time I tasted Malus pumila, and I don’t think I’ll be able to get over it in one day!”

“Just don’t bother me when you upset your stomach, okay?” Myung-soo said but Sung-gyu wasn’t listening. His eyes were pinned on something outside the bus. When Myung-soo checked on it, his hyung was staring at an apple tree on one of their neighbor’s lawn.

“Yah, hyung,” Myung-soo said, “are you listening to me?” but his hyung just couldn’t take his eyes off the tree. “Yah! If you complain to me any time today, I will disown you as my angel!” Still not listening to him. “I hate you.”

“Yah, Myung-soo ah,” Sung-gyu finally looked back at him. “Are you jealous that I give more attention to apples than you?” Myung-soo avoided his eyes and stared to the front. “Yah, Myung-soo…” but it was Myung-soo’s turn to ignore his hyung.

“Yah! Myung-soo oppa!” and Myung-soo struggled to fight the impending smile on his lips. “Oppa, don’t be mad, you know you’re the only apple of my eyes…” and with that Myung-soo fell for Sung-gyu’s charms.

“Shut up,” he muttered, but a smile was still on his face.

 “Yah, did you put drugs on those pancakes?” Dong-woo asked during lunchtime. As Myung-soo expected, Sung-gyu was digging into the pancakes all by himself.

“No,” Myung-soo said, “he’s just craving for apples.”

“Like a pregnant mother?” Sung-jong said while munching his salad, which made everyone in the lunch table chuckle.

“Yep, something like that,” Myung-soo said before turning to his hyung, “yah slow down!”

“Is Angel hyung going to be alright?” Dong-woo said.

“Yup, don’t worry,” Sung-jong said, “cravings don’t really last for a long time.”

“Yeah, I wish you’re right,” Myung-soo said.

---o0o---

The rest of the afternoon went by and Myung-soo, Dong-woo and Sung-jong were waiting for their Angel hyung in front of the cafeteria so that they can all go home together.

“He’s taking too long, do you think he’s on the male comfort room?” Dong-woo said which actually made Myung-soo worry. What if his hyung really upset his stomach?

“Myung-soo ah!” a call snapped Myung-soo out of his worries.

“Sung-gyu – eh – Angel hyung! What took you so long?” Myung-soo said.

“Sorry, I had a lot of things I need to settle with my homeroom teacher,” Sung-gyu said, “by the way, I won’t be able to go home with you guys.”

“Why?” Myung-soo said.

“There is someplace I want to check out before I go home,” Sung-gyu said.

“Then we will come with you,” Myung-soo said.

“Oh, no. You don’t have to,” Sung-gyu said, “I can manage. Besides, you still have a lot of home works to do, so I think you should go on first.” I was true that they had a lot of home work to do, that was why his friends would come over again that afternoon, so Myung-soo didn’t protest further and nodded in reply.

“Good! You’re the best guys,” Sung-gyu ruffled Sung-jong’s hair and fist bumped with Dong-woo before hugging Myung-soo. “I’ll see you at home,” he said before going to the opposite direction. Myung-soo watched Sung-gyu as he jogged away from them. Sung-gyu was about to go out of the other gate when a Myung-soo caught a glimpse of a familiar figure.

“You again?” Myung-soo muttered as if the black royal army man could hear him. He slowly walked forward and continued, “why are you showing yourself to me?” A group of students passed and the man was nowhere in sight.

---o0o---

“Myung-soo, how do you do this again?” Sung-jong said while pointing on his Math assignment.

“All you have to do is to get the half of the middle term and square it before adding to both sides of the equation,” Myung-soo said with quite expertise.

“Whoa, thanks! You really are a genius in these kinds of things,” Dong-woo said while rubbing his eraser to the whole page of his notebook. “If you didn’t answer Sung-jong, I would have continued doing my assignments incorrectly.”

Suddenly, the door opened and Myung-soo quickly stood up to see who arrived. “Ah, you’re home. How’s your visit to… uh, that place you were talking about?” Myung-soo told Sung-gyu.

“Ah, it was great! Uh… is your mom home?” He said.

“No, she has work and she’ll be home late,” Myung-soo said, “Did you already eat dinner? There is still leftover chicken in the fridge.”

“I’m full, just do your homework. I’ll just work on mine upstairs,” Sung-gyu walked past Myung-soo, and that was the only time he noticed how Sung-gyu smelled. Smelled like apples. His eyes followed Sung-gyu as he climbed upstairs, and Myung-soo noticed that his hyung was struggling with his bag. When did he had so many things in his backpack? Myung-soo thought, until something clicked inside his mind.

“Hyung! What’s inside your bag?”

“Huh? Nothing!” Sung-gyu said although it was apparent that his bag was fully loaded. Myung-soo narrowed his eyes before following his hyung up. Sung-gyu sped up his pace but Myung-soo was able to grab on one of the bag zippers.

“What the! Where did you get all of these?” Myung-soo said as apples fell from Sung-gyu’s open bag and rolled downstairs. “Did you…” Myung-soo looked at his hyung with disbelief, and his hyung looked at him with regret on his features.

“Were did you get the money to buy all of these?” Myung-soo said, but Sung-gyu didn’t reply. “You stole these, didn’t you? Hyung! Are you insane?”

“Myung, they just look so delicious so…” Sung-gyu wasn’t able to continue.

“You stole? Hyung, you just didn’t steal, you stole from a group of old maids – old, dying maids!” Myung-soo said. His hyung remained tongue-tied for a while after that.

“Mianhae,” Sung-gyu said.

“That’s not enough,” Myung-soo said. “Tomorrow morning, we will return all the apples that you took.”

“But Myung, you already said that they are old. How can they eat these apples?” Sung-gyu said.

“You know very well how they can eat these apples,” Myung-soo said.

“Whoa! What are you going to do with all of these apples?” Dong-woo said when Sung-jong and him peeked upstairs.

“We’ll have a community service at the old citizens shelter tomorrow,” Myung-soo said, “We’ll bake them apple pancakes and apple pies.”

“Volunteering? I love that!” Dong-woo said. Myung-soo could see his new angel was happy about it, but the angel beside him wasn’t. That night, Sung-gyu slept without even talking to him, not  even a good night greet.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

Just want to share! Yesterday, I watched a video from Youtube, The infinite couple game during second invasion? And wow…. I was shocked, especially with Myung-soo and Sung-yeol during the pepero game.

My reaction was similar to Sung-gyu’s, to tell you the truth… Kekeke…

Phew.

Anyway, have you seen the teasers? Woah, they are sooooo cool! Let us support our oppas and their new album!!!