Big Brown House

The Angel Slept

(Just quickly, the music that made me write this...if you want to listen whilst reading, here's a link ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9mg5AQqEKA)

 

It had been a long time since Sungjong had step foot outside. The reason he was leaving that dreaded building was no better either, he smiled in vain at the reason and shook his head looking to the ground, only lifting his head when his parents arms came around his shoulders and they looked at him with sad eyes, but strong hearts. Sungjong was thankful towards his parents; he moved his arms around them and placed his head on his mother’s shoulder, never wanting to move away from the position he was currently in, but knowing better.

Together, they walked to the car slowly and once reaching the car, Sungjong’s dad had helped him to get in; he thanked his dad, who ruffled his hair affectionately, still smiling sadly at his son. Sungjong felt sorry towards them.

As the car began to move, Sungjong un-wind the window and poked his head out of it slightly so he could feel the wind hitting his face, and smell the fresh air whilst breathing it all in. He hadn’t felt the air like this is so long. His hair waved frantically about and he managed to chuckle at the mess of it just as he poked his head back in. Leaning his head on the side, he let the air tickle his skin as he dazed at the passing fields that they were going by, it seemed like it was going on forever, they passed a forest and more fields and lakes and more fields…going into the depths of nowhere.

Soon enough, Sungjong had found sleep, finding himself more tired than he wanted to be.

With a small pat, and his mother softly calling out his name, Sungjong’s eyes fluttered open, he rubbed them more and got out of the open door his mum was holding onto, “This is we’re we’ll be staying for now.” His mum told him, placing a hand on top of his head and fiddling with the soft silky strands with her long and careful fingers. Sungjong loved the feeling of his mum’s fingers combing through his hair, it was a feeling of childhood and love.

“What about the people we’ll be staying with?”

The large wooden house they stood in front of, giving a welcoming feeling with all the colourful flowers that were planted in the front garden came with two family members who needed help with keeping the place, so Sungjong’s mum, who knew the woman who lived here with her son had suggested that their family moved in and that they would help pay the rent. The woman was happy to accept, which was why they were standing here, unloading things from the car and into the big brown house.

“They’re inside, her son will be helping us with the stuff, Sunhee said she would show you to your room, you should get some rest and settle in.”

Sungjong nodded his head, knowing better than to offer them his own help, because it would only cause an argument like last time and Sungjong didn’t want that. Taking his small bag that was packed with books and sweets, he made his way into the house. It was just as nice as it looked outside as it was inside, the sun shone through the windows illuminating the big room he stood in, there was a furnished table in the middle of the room with white cushions placed around it, and an expensive looking TV hung up on he wall. Sungjong removed his shoes before walking in completely to explore more.

“Hello?” His voice echoed throughout the spacious room, it seemed that the people living here kept the place very clean and well organised.

A small woman’s head came from around a door, Sungjong smiled her way and walked towards her, he bowed his head, “Hello, I’m Lee Sungjong.”

The woman who seemed to making something inthe kitchen, patted her hands on the read and white plaid apron around her waist and looked up at Sungjong with warm eyes, “Omo, aren’t you a pretty boy…I’m Kim Sunhee.”

“Oh, thank you, it’s nice to meet you Ms Kim Sunhee.”

They shook hands and the woman named Sunhee gave Sungjong’s cheek a pat, telling him how cute he looked, he blushed slightly at the compliment he was given.

“I’ll show you to your room, come this way…”

 

Sungjong had been given a private room, it was bigger than he was expecting, a white fluffy futon was laid out on the floor with a small lamp placed next to it and a desk was also placed in the room only decorated with a pot of pens and pencils.

A bookshelf was placed underneath the window, with some books placed on it. Sungjong walked over curiously and looked over the books, it seems most of them were children’s books and the others were school books, removing his bag from his shoulder he took his own books out and placed them on the shelf.

His eyes became heavy too quickly once again. With the same smile never leaving his lips he walked over to the futon and tucked himself inside it, “I feel like an old man.” He mused before letting sleep take over him once more.

 

The rumbling of his stomach and the strong smell of food is what woke him, a knock came to his door just as he was about to get up and a person he hadn’t seen before came in with a tray of food in his hands.

“Ah, you’re awake, just like your mum said you would be.” The voice was calm and steady, a kind voice that wouldn’t hurt anyone.

Sungjong nodded his head, a bit wary of the new person, “I’m Kim Myungsoo, Sunhee’s only son.”

“I’m Lee Sungjong,”

Myungsoo laughed heartily and placed the tray down on the floor next to Sungjong, sitting himself down on the other side of the tray, “I know that,” He picked up a pair of chopsticks and passed them to Sungjong whilst also taking his own pair, “I thought it would be good if I joined you, I hope that’s okay.”

Sungjong shook his head with a smile, “I don’t mind.” Honestly, Sungjong preferred it this way; he got lonely sometimes and needed someone to be around.

Because of his illness, people thought Sungjong needed to be alone more, but that wasn’t the case, he wanted to be around people more and not just his parents, he wanted to be around people his own age, so as he looked up at the handsome boy who was sat in front of him starting to eat his food, he felt grateful. He hadn’t been bothered about moving away from the city at all, his whole life Sungjong has been put in hospital rooms and hasn’t been able to go to school like the other children, he would usually watch out the window as all the other kids would laugh and play in their school uniforms, only wishing and hoping that one day, he could be amongst them, also laughing and playing without getting tired too quickly.

That never happened. Before he knew it, he had turned nineteen and wouldn’t be attending university, and he never really went to a real school.

Eating the hot pot that filled him up inside, he felt like he could really make some progress being here though, and would get to experience things he never had before…he felt like he could truly find a cure here.

“My mum was right,” Myungsoo said. Sungjong locked eyes with him in question, “You really are pretty.”

 

A/N - So, yes, I think I'll make this into a three shot? Haha, well, I'm sorry if the first meeting isn't good, I just wanted the whole scene to be calm, I portayed it okay, right? Ahhh! Well, even though it's slow, I hope you like the first chapter, thank you to everyone who will read and have subscribed and commented! ^_^ <3