Living in the Past

Black Feathers

Jinki stood behind the large glass window while staring at the falling snow outside.

It was his fifteenth birthday. Two full years had passed after he learned that he wasn't human.

He closed his eyes remembering the night Minho came to him.

 

"Why is it me?" The boy finally spoke after a long moment of silence.

Minho held him closer. "It just is."

Jinki shook his head. "Then did I really kill my parents?" Jinki asked quietly.

"No." Minho replied. "You didn't."

 

Jinki held himself responsible for his parent's death. When Minho came along he brought redemption for Jinki.

"What is an angel of the dead?" Jinki asked. "Why is there such a thing?"

Minho brought Jinki to the bed. "An angel of the dead is an angel of the souls." JInki looked confused.

Minho chuckled. "Let me put it more simply. You are the guardian angel of the souls of the dead, Jinki."

"What?" Jinki hugged himself.

"Jinki, when people die, their souls leave their body. When this happens the souls become destitutes. An angel of the dead leads their souls to the other world. They become lost souls without a guide. It is your duty, as an angel, to lead them."

"Then why do I.." Jinki started.

"Find yourself near a dying person?" Minho cut in and Jinki nodded.

"Tell me Jinki, what exactly do you feel when you get near dying people?"

Jinki fisted his hands together. "I-I.. try to tell them. I just know and they.. get scared."

"It's your gift, Jinki. When a human's time in this world is ending, you will naturally follow them. This is where I come in."

"What do you do?" Jinki asked curiously.

"I'm your Death God, Jinki." Minho smiled slightly. "I bring to course the events that will end a person's life."

Minho held his left hand out and a thick black book appeared out of no where. Jinki gasped.

"This book.." Minho held it in both his hands. "..tells me the name of the person who is supposed to die."

"After the soul is extracted, they are led away by angels."

"But is it not unfair that they have to die just because their names appear in a book." Jinki stated sadly.

Minho's eyes dimmed. "It is decided by fate, Jinki. It cannot be helped."

 

 

 

Fifteen year old JInki closed his eyes. The snow was a bad reminder of the past.

JInki felt a hand on his shoulder. "Onew hyung." The one year younger boy said his given name.

"Taemin.." Jinki acknowledged the boy.

 

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun felt restless as he sat on the bus. He had left his dorm with the determination to find Lee Jinki.

The only problem was, where was Jinki?

Jonghyun cradled his chin on his right hand and sighed. He left everything in a total rush. He didn't know how he was going to explain himself if Kibum started asking questions.

Jonghyun had never felt so lost in the nineteen years of his life. The only time he felt like this was when Jinki had left.

Jonghyun realized the importance of Jinki only after losing him. Jonghyun leaned on Kibum after Jinki left. And Kibum has been the centre of his life ever since.

Sometimes Jonghyun feels that Kibum doesn't really love him.

Jonghyun shook his head rapidly at his negative thoughts.

 

Jonghyun aimlessly traveled all day. He read the time on his watch. "It's 4 pm already." Jonghyun sighed.

He got off at the next stop and found himself in front of the mall. "Might as well get something to eat." Jonghyun said to himself.

Jonghyun loitered around the shops a while beore making his way to the food court.

"Aww, I'm starving." Jonghyun mumbled as he waited in line.

"Yah!" Jonghyng heard someone shout. He shifted his weight from his left foot to his right.

A blonde haired boy dashed past him and a honey haired followed behind.

Jonghyun felf his breath fail him at the familiar figure and the sound of that distinct laugh.

 

Jonghyun pulled himself together and rushed after the two boys. He felt his throat dry up.

"Jin-.." The two boys turned a corner and Jonghyun ran faster. He had to catch them.

 

 

Jonghyun skidded to a stop. The place was too crowded.

Jonghyun turned his head from left to right frantically searching for the honey haired boy. "Jinki, Jinki, Jinki.." Jonghyun chanted like a prayer.

Jonghyun walked through the crowd with searching eyes.

He stopped short with a soft gasp.

Jonghyun pulled out his phone and dialed a number he knew by heart.

The person at the other end picked up the call.

"Where are you?" Jonghyun asked.

"At the studio. I told you yesterday I had a project I needed to finish." Came the reply.

"Oh, are you by yourself?"

"Yeah. Who else would I be with?"

Jonghyun frowned. "Nothing. Just calling."

"Okay. Bye, I'm really busy."

Jonghyun held the phone in his hand tightly and watched the two intimate males.

Kibum was back to kissing his supposed best childhood buddy.

Jonghyun should have kown better. He should have figured it out when Kibum introduced the boy, Park Sanghyun.

 

 

 

 

Jonghyun left the mall with a betrayed heart. Amazingly, he didn't feel that heart broken. Or had he just turned numb?

"Pathetic.." Jonghyun said and smiled bitterly.

Jonghyun made his way back and decided to stay a while at the park.

 

Onew stood leaning on a tree trunk. "This is so boring." He sighed.

"Excuse me?" Onew turned to the direction of the voice. Before he could get a good look at the person, Taemin came crashing against him and pecked him.

 

 

Jonghyun walked silently through the park. He looked around the park, watching various people.

His eyes landed an a lone figure. Jonghyun widened his eyes and jogged towards the figure.

"Excuse me?" Jonghyun collected his breathe and said.

Jonghyun hopefully watched the person turn around. Before he could come face to face with Jinki, the blonde from before came running and kissed Jinki.

Jonghyun widened his eyes in shock at the display.

 

"Onew hyung!" The boy hugged Jinki. Jonghyun watched speechless.

Jinki finally saw him and tilted his head to the side. "Uh, yes?" The boy clinging to Jinki also looked at Jonghyun.

"Lee Jinki..?" Jonghyun said doubting himself.

 

 

 

 

 

There LOL Boring update :) They meet!

Finally!

Kibum's clearly cheating. Jonghyun found Jinki! YAY!

More revelations coming up.

I'm refraining myself from replying comments since I don't want to give away clues. Heehee I read all the comments and everyone seems to be enjoying the fic.

LOL *grinns* Watch out for spelling errors. Sorry, not proof read.

Enjoy and Comment <3