Take One ►

Beyond Fiction {Hiatus}

 

Sumin's van stopped right outside the shooting location and her manager got off the van. She stayed in the van while her manager went to talk to the director about other stuffs. She stayed seated as she looked around the venue to plan how she would act out the scene later. As she looked out the window, she saw both Jaejoong and Kris getting out from their car wearing their shades. She could hear the faint screams of fan girls from afar that was being held back by the barriers the staff put out.

She jumped slightly when she heard something bang against her van's window. She turned behind her and a girl's face was planted flat on the window.

"KRIS OPPA!" That girl screamed despite being laid flat on the window. Because she was so close to Sumin, her screamings could be heard and Sumin cringed. She would never understand these fan girls. They've gotten a little overboard over the years. Expect for her fan girls, they were all calm and respectful, much to her delight.

Back when she was still young, she had a few fan girls and they were all really nice to her, unlike other group's fans now. She ended her previous project not long ago and the last scene required her to kiss Yoochun, Jaejoong's bandmate. And when that scene got broadcast, she got bashed for touching his hair and her lips smooching against his. What did they expect a 'deep, passionate' kiss to be? She would get fired if she had not acted out her scene properly.

She shuddered inwardly at the thought of her parents scolding her. They had always wanted her to be 'perfect' since young. They would never allow a mistake in whatever she did or she would get severe punishment. However, no matter how 'perfect' she did things, they would never praise her at least, in front of her. And that was why she stuck in this industry for over ten years. Although her parents never did praised her in front of her face, they did boast to other common parents, telling them how famous and good their daughter was acting. She wished that one day, her parents would praise her right in her face and not be proud just because they had an actress for their daughter. She wanted praises for her hard work she put in. But that wouldn't be happening soon, as she thought.

The last time she won the 'Best Female Actress of The Year', her parents had took her award around, showing to others and telling them that 'Baek Su Min' was their daughter. Yet, when she asked if she did well, all her parents ever said was, "You did okay, I expect more from you." And so, she was determined to get a 'Perfect!' out of her parents' mouth.

While she was drifting away with her thoughts, the van door slid opened and she nearly slipped but caught herself in time. She stared at her manager, shocked.

"Unnie!" Sumin blushed deep red because of the embarrassing scene she made.

"Yah! No one saw it, relax! Come out from the van, they're starting the shoot soon." Her manager shook her head, helping Sumin off the van.

Jaejoong snickered at the side. Who said no one saw? Jaejoong did and he found it cute how her face went literally red from embarrassment. His body literally shook and he burst out in laughter, unable to keep it in. Kris turned to him and frowned. Jaejoong's manager saw the look on Kris' face and quickly nudged Jaejoong.

"What?!" Jaejoong asked when he finally got enough of the nudging.

"He's staring!" Jaejoong's manager hissed under his breath.

"Let him then!" Jaejoong brushed it off while his eyes followed Sumin everywhere she went. When she walked off to a place where he can no longer see her, his laughter stopped and he leaned back in his seat. Feeling the stare of Kris' still on him, he turned and stared right back at Kris. "Hi?" Jaejoong asked and Kris stood up from his seat.

"Sunbaenim!" Kris bowed and Jaejoong who was drinking a bottle of water while his eyes stayed on Kris, choked on his water. Kris' eyes widened. "Are you okay?!" Kris asked as he quickly went over to pat on Jaejoong's back.

Jaejoong held a hand up as he moved away a little. "Y-yah, I'm okay." Jaejoong coughed a little before he closed the bottle's cap. "You're too p-polite. Just call me 'Hyung'. It's better this way." Jaejoong told Kris and the latter nodded his head.

"I'm not being rude but what were you staring at a moment ago? Laughing even." Kris asked.

"Oh? Didn't you see her?" Jaejoong asked with a curious look.

"Her? Who?"

"Baek Sumin-sunbaenim." Jaejoong replied and Kris shook his head. "Well, she's really cute when she's embarrassed. Her face went really red from a little mistake." Jaejoong chuckled at the image again.

"Oh.. yeah." Kris still felt awkward at the mere mention of her name. The image of Sumin hurrying off still remained in his mind until today and he didn't know why but he felt really bad for not talking to her.

As they were talking, a shadow towered over them, blocking the glaring sunrays from getting to them and they looked up, squinting their eyes to see who it was.

"That unnie..." The figure hissed under her breath. 'She knows it! She knows that I'll be too awkward to greet them! She does this to me everytime! Every single time! Even with Yoochun Oppa! Grrrr!' She thought. "A-annyeong?" Sumin greeted as she waved her hands awkwardly. 'Kill me!' She thought again.

Both guys stood up and bowed, "Sunbaenim!"

"Omo!" She jumped and gasped. "That sounded weird.. I'm still younger than the two of you after all." Sumin whispered to herself.

"So then, shall we drop the formalities and you call us 'Oppa'?" Jaejoong winked and Sumin rolled her eyes before chuckling.

"Okay then, Jaejoong Oppa. Yoochun Oppa told me to beware of you, he said you'd like teasing girls." Jaejoong sighed. "Kris.. O-oppa." Sumin nodded at Kris who gave a small smile and nodded back. Why were things still awkward between the two of them? Why weren't things awkward with Jaejoong after she spoke to him? Strangely, this was the first time the awkwardness lasted so long even after she spoke to someone.

"That micky! Don't listen to him, he's the real player." Jaejoong said and Sumin nodded her head.

"Drinks?" Sumin held out two bottles of water.

"Thanks." Jaejoong said and took it.

Kris pointed at the bottle, over to Jaejoong then at the bottle of water he drank not long ago. "Y-you.. you just.. j-just drank the bottle b-behind."

"I needed another one." Jaejoong shrugged his shoulders.

"Aren't you taking it? Kris O-oppa?" Sumin asked as she pushed the bottle of water nearer to Kris.

"T-thanks." Kris said and took the bottle from her. 'You stupid Kris! You're cool and handsome! Why are you stuttering?! This isn't a good image for you! And why is she stuttering when she calls me 'Oppa'?! It's so unfair! What am I thinking? KRIS! FOCUS!'

When they all took their seats as the crew set up the location, Kris glanced at Sumin to see her staring at him. He tried hardening his stare and continued staring at her. She tilted her head and chuckled when his cheeks started turning pink. Why was she so daring to stare at someone this long like this? Won't she be shy?! Won't she somehow feel embarressed?! Won't she accidentally fall for someone by just staring at them like that?!

"Focus Kris!" Kris shouted at himself and Jaejoong along with Sumin who was each beside him, jumped, startled. "S-sorry." He apologised. He peeked at Sumin to find her still staring at him. He frowned and turned to her, this time with a little more courage. "Why are staring?" He asked.

"Don't move.." Sumin told him and he sat still. She moved a little closer and he gulped. Why was she moving closer?! How?! Why?! What?! He still felt nervous around girls. After all, he hardly had any contact with girls. He received a big smack on his face and Sumin beamed.

"There was a fly there." She told him, showing the evidence on her hand. 'Thank god unnie! At least I don't feel so awkward anymore. At least around Jaejoong Oppa.' She thought.

"It's ready!" A staff shouted over to the director.

The director raised a rolled up paper and called the actors and actresses over. "Get in there!" The director shouted and everyone took their place.

"Hwaiting, Sumin-ah!" Sumin's manager whispered into Sumin's ear and fist bumped with her before going behind the camera.

"And... ACTION!" The director called and the camera started rolling.


Everyone started walking behind the scenes as Jaejung sat on one of the 'VIP' chair. Chris paced back and forth while ruffling his hair. Everyone was frustrated, even the 'director'.

"Where is she?!" The 'director' hollered.

"MIANHAE!" Minjung came running in and she bowed. "Mianhae! I am sorry for being late! My van got stuck in the traffic and I had to run over!" She said as she panted.

"Kim Minjung! It's your first project and you're late! Do you have any idea how this may affect all of our schedules?! Do you not want to act before you even start?!" The 'director' continued shouting at her.

Jaejung rolled his eyes and stood up from his seat. The camera turned and focused on him as he walked over to the now bowing Minjung and shouting 'director'. "I think that's enough. She's only late by five minutes. If you continue scolding her, we'll be late on schedule and who's fault would it be then? Besides, she will only be in the drama for a mere six minutes. She wouldn't affect the schedule." Jaejung asked and the 'director' turned to him.

"You-!" The 'director' pointed at him and he tilted his head. "Forget it! Get into places! Now!" The 'director' walked to his seat and huffed once. "ACTION!" The 'director' called without even caring whether or not everyone went to their places.


Hero reloaded his gun and pointed his gun at Haneul's head. "Do you or do you not love me? HUH?! Answer me!" Hero pulled the safety pin and Haneul started shaking.

"I-I'm not her! You've mistaken me for the wrong girl!" Haneul protested.

"Hyung! It's really not Hee Young! Please, put the gun down!" Yi Fan shouted over to Hero. (A/N: LSP readers, see what I did there?:D)

"It's her! Can you not see?!" Hero asked as he put the gun nearer to Haneul's head.

"She's Haneul, Kim Haneul, Hyung. She loves you just like how you love Hee Young!" Yi Fan walked closer to Hero.

"Don't come any closer!" Hero shot the 'gun' at Yi Fan and he fell to the floor, 'dead'.

Tears started slipping from Haneul's eyes and she took another step closer to Hero and the gun was now pressing against her head.

"Kill me too. He's wrong for once. I loved the both of you and I can't decide between the two of you. Kill me, and you'll release me from all these pain." Hero's hands on the gun started shaking and he had no courage to open the shot. Haneul took Hero's hands and gripped onto the gun before she pulled the trigger, 'ending' her life. She too, fell and landed on the floor next to Yi Fan' body. Hero later woke up from his trance and realised that he had 'killed' both his admirer and friend.

He slid down to the floor and started crying before the camera moved further and further. "And... CUT!" The 'director' shouted and the camera stopped rolling.


Everyone got up from the floor and started clapping their hands. "It's a wrap! That's the end of 'Accidental'! Thank you for the hard work!" The 'director' told everyone and they all started packing up.

Minjung pouted and was about to leave the scene without anyone noticing when Chris ran over to her, stopping her by the arm. She turned around and gasped, bowing her head.

"Annyeonghasyo! Kim Min Jung-imnida! I hope we get along well!" Minjung said and bowed 90 degrees.

Chris scratched the back of his head and his face became a little red. "O-oh. Annyeonghaseyo!" He bowed 90 degrees too.

Minjung pointed a finger at Chris. "Oh! You know how to speak!"

Chris looked up at Minjung, confused at her words. "U-uh? Why wouldn't I know how to?"

Minjung pouted her lips, "Hmm.. It's just.. I heard from people that you're a little.. cold to others including your seniors.. Ha.. ha.. I guess the rumors aren't true." She looked down to her feet and it was time for Jaejung to come in.

He scoffed and rolled his eyes. "Yah! Both of you, don't be fools. Of course he is able to talk! How would he act if he wasn't able to talk? And you! Chris! Why are you stuttering? Both fools!" Jaejung laughed.

Both Minjung and Chris gaped, was this the true colors of Jaejung?! "Oh.. are you normally like this, Jaejung-sunbaenim? I thought.. never mind. Sorry, we'll go to another place and continue our conversation there." Minjung apologised.

"S-sorry! You don't have to go anywhere, I was just playing around." Jaejung bit his lips guiltily with his head hung downwards.

"Oh, haha! You're good at acting! Got me there, Jaejung-sunbae. Anyway, nice to meet you two, I'm Kim Min Jung. I'm going to be acting as 'Kim Haneul'." Minjung beamed and stretched a hand out.

"Han Jae Jun but I prefer Jae Jung, it sounds nicer." Jaejung smiled sweetly and Minjung nodded.

"Chris Li Jia Heng." Chris bowed and stretched a hand out for the two to shake.

"It doesn't sound like a korean name, are you korean?" Minjung asked and Chris shook his head.

"I'm from Canada but I'm chinese." Chris explained.

"You speak very fluent Korean." Jaejung praised and Chris thanked him. "So, dinner on me later?" Jaejung looked at the two.

"I don't think... it's good.. I'm here as an extra only and going dinner with a famous sunbae seems a little too weird." Minjung bit her lips.

"That's it! You're going!" Jaejung cheered and leaned into Minjung's ears. "Let's exchange numbers later, I wanna be friends with you. And Chris seems interested too." Jaejung pulled back and grinned when he saw Minjung blushing.

"O-okay." Minjung nodded her head. When a senior asked two times, there's no reason why you should reject them. Respect is very important for her.

"What do you say, Chris?" Jaejung asked Chris. He whispered into Chris' ear. "It's rude to reject, I have a present if you go too." Immediately at the word of 'rude', Chris nodded his head.

"Then it's settled!" Jaejung clapped his hands happily.


The director nodded his head. "And... CUT!" The director called and clapped his hands. "Very good acting guys! Very good acting! I didn't even need to call for a break!" The director praised and they bowed respectfully. "Get ready for the next scene!"

The three nodded and went to their seats at the side, taking the well needed rest. Jaejoong chuckled when he replayed the scene just now in his head again.

"You two are dead." He told Sumin and Kris. They looked at him, shocked.

"Excuse me?" Sumin asked.

"In the show. I mean, I shot you two just now." Jaejoong said and Kris along with Sumin rolled their eyes.

"Well, at least it isn't so complicated now and that we just need to act for another drama in the story." Sumin beamed.

"I kind of wished it wasn't 'Wu Yi Fan' who told' Haneul' that she loved 'Hero' though." Jaejoong pouted.

"Why?" Sumin asked, curious.

"That way, I get to hear THE Sumin saying 'I love you' to me on the first film shooting."

"You will get to hear it, from 'Kim Min Jung' in the near future." Sumin chuckled and stuck her tongue out.

"Kris?" Jaejoong called and the said person turned to him. "Why are you so quiet?"

"Nah, I'm just tired. EXO had a schedule that I had to attend last night and I hardly got any sleep." Kris yawned.

"Sleep then, we'll call you when we're shooting." Sumin told him and he thanked her, getting his nap.

 


Author's Note:

And that was the first chapter:D Hope you guys wouldn't find it so confusing. AND, I hope you guys liked it!:D