Twenty Third Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Twenty Third Storm

Dara

 

CL is sound as sleep. I rub some medicine on her wound hope that it will help. My father did this to her? I asked myself even though I already knew the answer.

 

There is a high chance that my father killed my mother. Would the one that I have been looking for all along is my own father? What will I do?

 

Kill him?

 

Torture him?

 

Who in the right mind would be able to do that?

 

I never had any wishes or dream. Until the day I met Kevin and Eli, everything just shift upside down. I have this want to know more about myself. I even have the want to protect the one that I loved.

 

No, is more like this vampire power make me capable to start loving again. I am always afraid, if the one I love die the way mother did. I would not know how to love someone again. Would I be able to love my father? How can I protect him when he is trying to hurt the one I treasure? Not once I was able to forget that rainy night.

 

This time I am not going to let that happen.

 

“Dara.” Eli stood by the door. “We should go find G.na.”

 

“What?”

 

“She said someone moved Jinwoon’s grave. I can’t let anyone get hurt anymore.” Eli started to head down the stairs. I followed him.

 

Before we can open the door, G.na came back. Beside her is Jinwoon. Alive. I gasped, “Jinwoon?”

 

G.na smiled and give Jinwoon a kiss on the cheek. “I am going to get some dry clothing.” She almost skip away like a little kid.

 

“What.” Eli look at me and I looked at him.

 

“A violet blood gave me a new life.” Jinwoon answered. I backed away smelling human blood in the air.

 

“You are not a vampire.” I furrow my eyebrow in confusion.

 

“Heechul, he must have asked a violet blood to replace the dead.” Jinwoon explained. “I am just wondering why did he want to give me his life.”

 

“So he is dead?” I asked feeling sorry.

 

Jinwoon nodded, “Sohee is too.” He looked at Eli, who had his poker face on. We all went silent and the house felt empty even with all the people.

 

“So why are you human now?” Eli asked.

 

“Heechul is human. He had mixed blood with vampire, but he is a human from the beginning.” G.na walked out explained everything. Then another scream broke out from Kevin’s room.

 

Another fight had began.

 

I waited again. I missed him being next to me again. Leaning against the door, I slowly closed my eyes and let my dream to take over.

 

For some reason these words keeps repeating in my dream, He is telling me to kill you. I pop up from my sleep when I saw Kevin stab me with his sword.

 

Kevin is having a long fight, because Kiseop want to destory me.

 

I turn my eyes to the door staring at the door knob. I am a bit of afraid that Kevin will hate me.

 

Kevin

 

Kiseop is too powerful to be controlled by me, but he needs me to live on and continue my father’s dream. I took the advantage and bring us to an agreement after these  days of trying to fight to a solution.

 

The power that Kiseop keeps changing my body’s temperature. I knew I lose myself to his monster like controll. Spending a few days in this messy room, gave me enough space to learn my new power.

 

As I step out the door, Dara is laying on the ground. She curl up her legs. I pick her up from the cold ground and carry her back to her bed.

 

All my life I tried to protect my life in anyway I can and now there is one more girl. My father taught me to give my best to the one that I love. I need to stand up and see the light for myself.

 

I want to become powerful. I need a secret weapon that can protect the one around me. If one day I do lose control and attack Dara, I will need find a way to prevent that from happening.

 

A skill that can cause self destruction.

 

I push the hair away from Dara’s soft face. She slept soundly in the bed. I kneel next to the bed and watch her sleep. If we are human right now, things might be different. I would be hiding under my shadow trying to find a way out to take care for my sick mother. I would be weak and get beat up so where in the alley.

 

I walked back into my messy room and was able to find a better shirt. After I changed, I head down to the living room. Eli is just walking up the stair. We had eye contact but walked by each other without a word.

 

“There is one thing I need to you to help me.” I stop walking after he passed me.

 

His footstep slowed down and then stop.

 

“Don’t hesitate to kill me if you have to.” I request without turning around.

 

“I won’t.” He answered and picked up his footstep again.

 

“Kiseop, looks like you would be close to even hurt her.” I thought of the word in my head.

 

I heard Kiseop sighed, “It’s for your own good. When the time come you will kill her.”

 

“No. I will prove you wrong.”

 

Jinwoon’s surprise attack almost killed me with a heart attack. He took about 10 minutes to explain why is he standing and not in his grave.

 

I have never seen G.na this happy before. She stick to him like they are glued together. The fact that Jinwoon turn into a human is not as surprise as I thought. If there are vampires in the world, whatesle wouldn’t happen.

 

Jinwoon turn serious when I asked him more about heechul. He said that there is a very powerful vampire that use human as an experience to turn them into vampire.

 

“What do you mean?” I asked.

 

“He meant that someone wants to become powerful enough to be the King. That is why vampires are kill all over the place.”G.na explains.

 

“That someone is not a person we can handle. I am sure he have more people like Heechul waiting for us.” Jinwoon continues.

 

“I realize that vampires are dying from our area. One by one very silently.” G.na forms a image by rose pedels. We can see the street like a camera. I look at the image with my jaw drop.

 

“New skill” G.na smiled, “Just incase I need to track you guys down.”

 

“Aw. That means I can’t cheat.” Jinwoon exclaimed. G.na pout and gave him a angry face. Jinwoon light up with a smile and pinched her cheeks.

 

“Get back to it love birds.” I remind them.

 

G.na clear , “I am predicting that someone is trying to win the vampire tournement by killing the strong ones. So no vampire will go to the vampire tournament.”

 

“They want to cheat and become the king.” Jinwoon comment.

 

“Why aren’t they attacking us?”

 

“They are.” A voice respond out of the blue.

 

When I turn around is Dara’s friend CL. She had cuts and bandaid on her face. CL is wearing one of Dara’s pajama.

 

“They are after Dara and Eli. The existence of Blood Butterflies makes that man nervous. That is why he sent Heechul.” CL walked down the stairs. “I am attack by them and soon they will come here.”

 

“Why are they doing this?”

 

“Do you know being the King is like being a god. Even an awaken wants to have that power by hand.” CL sighed and lay down on the couch comfortably.

 

“Do you have any information who it might be?” G.na questioned.

 

“I know how, but...”CL hesitated for a while. She looked around as Eli came down the stair.

 

“We can get ready if we can know more about that vampire.” Eli said.

 

“Dara’s father.” CL sit up with a worry face. I almost drop to the floor. I don’t even know how am I suppose to react to that.

 

“That means Dara’s father is trying to fight his own daughter.” I furrow my eyebrow even with the thought annoys me.

 

“Then lets wait for the fight to begin.” Dara stepped out her room. She kept her face straight, “In my memories, I don’t have a father.”

 

Updated: July 20, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading

Wow. I never thought my summer would be so buzy D:

I am losing subscribers D: Tears

But that is alright. I will finish the story till the end.

fighting!