Eighteenth Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Eighteenth Storm

 

Dara

“What do you mean resisting awaken?” Kevin had on a worry expression. We all turn quiet. Everyone had a serious mode on.

 

“An awaken that does not belong to the half vampire is resisting.” Luhan explained.

 

“Describe the awaken.” I commanded him.

 

“Female, tall, element thunder, her vampire is dead.” He his grew wide.

 

“Where are they?” Kevin shouted face fill with horror.

 

“Come.” Luhan jump on top of the the window and look at the raining sky. Then his feet light on fire and invisible fire wings spread from his back.

 

We all leap out the window like a light feather. The rain had stopped, which means Kevin had healed. Kevin running in lighting speed. I had never seen him using his vampire power before. He is so different from when I first met him. Eli jumping from building to building following Luhan.  G.na follow closely behind Eli.

 

We reach a large field near a river by a road. It is a quiet area. There are no car or people walking by. Luhan land on a light pole standing there and look around like a bird.

 

“Dara. There is a...” He tilt his head in confusion, “dead vampire?” He point in the open field.  There is two women and one little girl standing there. Kevin reach to his mother without waiting for us. He pick up the little girl and start talking to the other girl in front of him.

 

“That’s Sohee.” Eli look at Luhan, “What do you mean dead?”

 

“She is dead.” He sat on the light pole with his leg swinging back and forward. “There is some kind of healing vampire keeping her alive. She smell like corpus.” Luhan inhale.

 

Eli and G.na run towards them. Luhan jump down from the pole and smirk at me. “Anything else?” He asked me.

 

“No, thanks good work.”

 

He put both his hand behind his head like he is leaning on a invisible wall. “Need to make me some new clothes. I am sick of this style.” He stick his bottom lips out. I hissed at him and shoot him a look, “Ok, ok.”

 

“I am going to go then. Be careful.” He suddenly said as we walked towards the others.

 

“Sohee?”

 

“No. The little girl in Kevin’s arm.” His voice got lower, “She had a awaken that is rebelling. If she lost control you have to kill her.” I stop walking towards them. Luhan vanished into ashes before I can ask him more.

 

I can’t kill her. She is a little girl and Kevin’s sister.

 

G.na

When we reach Kevin and his mother, me and Sohee’s eyes met. She look at Eli and then look back at me. Her eyes quickly filled with tears. We met Sohee a few days after we meet Jinwoon.

 

I remember Eli had instant and attraction to her. Basically, is like love in first sight, but their love didn’t went so well. Sohee was taken away, when the first time we found out the existence of Hunters that hunts blood butterfly.

 

Heechul told us she is dead and Eli just believed that Heechul is one of them who killed her. From that point Eli is cold as ice. He no longer shows the warm side to any stranger.  Until, lately he met Dara and the new of Sohee still alive.

 

I understand how he feels. I might have been come that after Jinwoon’s annoying voice disappear from my ear. I beg to hear him bother me in the morning. I regret not treat him better when he is next to me.

 

Now, I will completely shut myself off and show no mercy to the one who kill my love.

 

“G.na.” I shivered when Sohee called my name. She look on the ground eyes fill with guilt. “Jinwoon is a great friend.” She kneel down to me still with her head bow. “I was about to go find you guys after apologizing to them.”

 

“It’s no use.” I continue, “I will not accept it.”

 

She lift her head, “The reason Heechul attack all of you. It’s because is his mission. “

 

“Really?” I sound unpersuaded.

 

“There is an another...” She paused couldn’t get the words out of , “Please, Heechul is not going to do that again. We will find a way to bring Jinwoon back.” She started to panic and tear run down her face.

 

“You remember the times, when he is always healing your wound? Remember the time we played in a game room like human? Remember the time he try to find out our birthday? REMEMBER THE TIME...” Tear bursted out my eyes and I started to cry like an idiot.

 

“It’s because I am dead.”

 

My eye grew right after the words come out of . My rose can’t sense that she is dead. How can she be alive like this.

 

“I am dead, that is why heechul keeps killing. He uses the number of killed to exchange for my life. It’s all my fault. I never wanted this, but if I have to take side I will have to stay with Heechul.” She wipe her tears.

 

I turn to Eli who have a blank face, then he asked softly, “Just because he keeps you alive?”

 

“No, because he loved me and I do too.” Sohee exhale and bite the bottom of her lips. “He try to save me when the hunters are killing me. However, he is not strong enough. He beg and finally he can keep my body.”

 

Eli took a step back. It seems like he realized he and Sohee is just not meant to be. Sohee continues, “He later got a chance to make a deal with his master. He have to kill as many vampire he can, then they will keep me alive. His master control him like puppet.”

 

Monsters.I thought to myself. There are vampires stronger than Jinwoon’s healing.

 

“Master?” Dara asked.

 

“The main brain behind the whole hunter community. He is the king, maybe even more powerful.” She explained.

 

“He wants to be the new King?” Dara cuts her off again.

 

“No, he wants to be god.” Sohee’s eye brow furrowed.

 

“Why don’t Heechul run away if he controls him?” I asked.

 

She look at us. Then pause for a long thought. She seems to have something that is not supposed to say. She open her lips, but words didn’t come out.

 

“I am human.” Heechul sudden transport next to Sohee. He put his hand on Sohee’s shoulder. Then kneel down with her. We are back away and put up a defensive mode.

 

“I think I am going to crazy now.” Heechul chuckled, “But I am tired of living like this. The only thing I want is to keep her alive.” He turns to Sohee.

 

“You can kill me.” He forms a sword in his hand. I walked closer to him. Dara is trying to stop me, but Eli held her back .

 

I took the sword from his hand. The sword that stab Jinwoon. Hot tears stream down my face. I throw the sword in front of him, “If I kill you then I am no different than you.” I stare into his shock eyes. The one who are trained to kill will never understand.

 

I turn and started to walk away. The others followed, leaving Heechul and Sohee kneel on the open field.

 

When we walked back Eli didn’t say a word. Right after we got home, he sat on the roof and not a word was said. I can tell that he had give up on Sohee now.

 

Eli

I look at the sky. The sun is no longer out. Darkers begin to take over the brightness. Street light flashing on and off in a quiet road. I sat at the place where Jinwoon usually sits. G.na, Jinwoon and me love the sky view something about the night is really calm and mysterious at the same time.

 

“Eli?”

 

I whip my head around surprised by the voice. Dara climb up the roof. She sits down next to me. “What are you doing here?” She look at me.

 

“Nothing, just thinking.” I respond. Then she laughed,”I always say that when I was young.”

 

“I am organizing my thoughts. You know …” My voice trail off.

 

“The feeling when you are not sure if you still love that person.” She tilt her head, now she put on her serious face. I nodded then waited for a second, "No, I am confuse if I was even in love at the first place.”

 

She raised her eyebrows, “ You know. I don’t have any relationship experience. I can’t really help you with that.”

 

“That’s alright.” I try to switch the topic. For some reason I don’t want to see her being so serious. “So tell me, what would you do if you are not a vampire.” I try to smile.

 

That question is stupid. Why did I even ask that...

 

She ponder for a second, then a light smile appear. “If my mother didn’t die, if I am not a vampire, I will be singing. I don’t care where as long as I can sing I will be happy.” She turn to me and our eyes met.

 

We didn’t look away. “Sing for me.” I felt more relaxed when she gave me that soft, comfortable look. She inhale a deep breath and exhale. Then calmly the voice came out . The vocal is clear and soft.

 

I remember the song is called Glad You Came.

  (The Wanted - Glad You Came (Cover by Tiffany Alvord))

 

The sun goes down

The stars come out

And all that counts

 

As she sang, everything had lost my attention. I look at her lips move to form the words. She closed her eyes when she sang the part that she likes. A smile is on her face as the melody flows in the air.

 

Is here and now

My universe will never be the same

I'm glad you came

 

Wind blow against her hair, and it moved with her voice.

 

I'm glad you came

 

 

She turns back to me with those big brown eyes and tilt her head. “You like that song.” I smiled and clapped for her.

 

“What will you do if you continue live as a vampire?”

 

“I don’t know. I want to find the one who kill my mother.” She and I didn’t break away from looking at each other.

 

“You can always stay with me.” I smiled. “I will probably still have a few hundred years to live.”

 

She smiled widely showing her white teeth. “You going to be old and grow a long gray beard .” I laughed with her.

 

After years and years, I can finally let Sohee move on from my heart.

 

Kevin

 

I stood under the roof listening to their laughter.  Dara and Eli have many things in common. The attraction with me is probably the blood connections. Just like tree likes water, fire with air.

 

There is a fear that the heart beats between Dara and me is just nature’s reaction.


I really adore this girl.

 

Updated: June 18, 2013

LovebeingaELF

Thank you for reading :)

Hope you enjoy the update

this is an early update

Just for you :>

Enjoy Chapter 19 coming up soon