Second Storm

Rain, Rain, Wash the Pain

Second Storm

 

Dara


I bang the door shut behind me and throw my body to block it. The broken lights flashing in the dark hallway. These legs and hands are shaking from the surprise. I got excited when I see that red wine blood. I inhale a deep breath and exhale, but I can’t stop with the shaking. I rub my palm on my arm to get rid the goose bumps. I am a monster. There is a second thought of drinking that blood.

“Cat!” CL walked out calling for me. She came towards me; with her hand she brushes my bangs out of my vision. “Did something happen?” There is a tone of worry in her voice.

“No.” I paused to regain my thoughts, “No. I am fine. Thank you, CL. I will get going now.” My legs moved uncomfortably and commuted away.


“Honey. You are back.” Elizabeth ran to me and hugged me as she takes my book bag. “How is the concert?”

“It..it’s great.” I forced a smile on my face making sure that I look joyful and filled with excitement. I really want to ask them about the blood, but I am afraid they will think I am dangerous.

“Liz. I am going to sleep now.” I announced before she can ask me anything else. Quietly, i shut the door behind me and rip the watch off my wrist. The blue butterfly tattoo lying on my wrist. I trace the wings of the butterfly. It is so plain and fill with mysteries. Something tells me that I am born with this butterfly, I am confused with myself.

What am I?


“And..... Save by the bell!” Bom walked in the classroom right after the bell rang. I stacked up my books and started to organize them.

“Who is this?” Bom tilt her head towards Kevin who is sitting next to me.
“Kevin Woo.” He said shyly.
“Bom. Stop scaring him.” I pull her collar, so she can back away from him.

The teacher stood up from the stage and called out my name, “Dara. Please go get the test paper on my desk for me.” I made a silly face at him. The teacher did the same. “Alright, alright.” I stood up.

“I will go too.” Kevin suddenly stood up surprised me with his loud voice.
“Ok...” I stutter from the shock, “Thanks.”

 

Kevin


“Where is the money this time, loser!” “Are you are girl? Dumb .” Every word is a sharp knife that blaze on my skin. That is why I am full of wounds. I wish someone can heal them for me.

Those voices are always with me chasing me like a death spell. I try to escape for those people and words. I transferred into this school to escape from those monsters, the ones that can eat me alive. There is no other way of escaping. I can’t suicide, because one life equals two more. There is a heavy bag pack dragging my life. If I disappear, my sick mother and young sister will die from hunger. The only thing I wish is that there is no more bullies in this school.

A girl like her might assuredly share a little sympathy for me. She is the first one who talked to me when school started. Something about her attracts me but I can’t identify it. I peek over my shoulder to look at her as we walked down the hall. The huge frame of hers blocked the long eyelashes and the nose. Her hair seem like is always up and today is a ponytail.

She turned her head to me with a bright smile on her face. “You better don’t scream like that again. I thought my heart is going to jump out.” She said with a smiley face. I chuckled uncomfortably.

“So how is the first day of school?” Dara continued.
“It’s alright. I met you.” I praised. Her lips pull up to show her white teeth.
“I met you too.” She laughed from the happiness.
“You are so close to the teacher.” A group of guys passed us by the side, looking at us with the judging eyes. I look away felt uncomfortable.
“I am a teacher’s pet” Her laughter pulls me back to the conversation, “Also a nerd.”
“I am too.” I felt proud able to held up a conversation.
“So do you have time tonight? I have a free concert I want to show you.” She requested.

I frowned right after her words, remembering there is work after this. Having a job after school is not something that the school or anyone else should know. “I...” I paused to make my decisions.

“It’s alright if you can’t. The concert is always available; just ask me when you want to go.” She placed her hand on my shoulder and walked into the office.

Park Dara...I felt the smile on my face.

 

Dara


“Two concert in a roll. Are you sure about this Cat?” CL finished off with her final touch on my face.
“Yes. The money is going to the orphanage anyway.” I put on the earing and head toward the stage.

I step on the stairs and place the guitar over my shoulder. “Hey. My Black Cats! Are you ready to rock?” A huge noise screamed yes and started off with Night Cat.

I played my first song, and then my finger stopped moving when I saw those eyes again. The guy from the alley yesterday, he is coming back for blood. I stopped the music; the audience paused the jumping and screaming. A noise chattering started between them. His eyes and mines met and I stared at him with wide eyes.

“Cat!” CL whispered from the backstage. “What are you doing?” She pointed toward the audience.

I snapped out from my thoughts and continued, “Sorry. Let’s start over again.” I smiled at the confused audience. During the whole concert my eyes were on that guy. I am afraid that he will disappear and someone’s blood just like yesterday.

“What happen there?” CL takes my guitar as I walked down the stage.
“Is Bom here?” I suddenly remembered her.
“Yeah. She is always here.” CL looked around, “I think she is taking out the garbage that you forgot yesterday.”
I ran toward the alley and kick the metal door in the rush of running. When the door slam open, Bom is lying on the floor like she just fainted and the Eli guy is next to her. I push him away before he even notices me, then ran to Bom. He fell and hit the floor.

“What are you doing freak... Get the hell out my place.” I scream with anger and lift Bom up.
“No. No.” He shakes both of his hands. “She fainted herself I didn’t do anything.”
“Dara. Why did you kick the door?” Bom touched her red forehead. I can feel the blushing coming from my face.
“I... I am sorry. I thought...” My eyes met Eli’s. He is trying to hide his laughter from my dorkiness. “I thought you might need some help.”, I shutters from embarrassment.

“I believe your name is Dara?” The guy finally speak, “We met yesterday. Remember?” I nodded with suspicious. “I need a moment with you.” He laughs at me with a bright face.


Bom went back in the door. We sat down on the curb by the fence. I jumped up the fence and hang my leg from there as the cars go by. I just love to watch the cars.
“I am Eli.” The guy leans on the fence making it wobbly.
“I am Dara.” I swinging my leg back and forward, and pinned my eyes on the shoes.

“Sorry. I scared you yesterday. That girl didn’t die and she didn’t remember anything.” Eli peeked at me.
“Why would you do that?” I moved my focus to him.
He ignored my question and asked me back, “Do you know what you are?”
My eyes grew from his ridicule question. “Of course!” My voice got louder. He sighed and looked down at his shoes.
“I am not a human.” He turn to me. There is a second delay on time. We are staring at each other like we are communicating with the eyes. One of the car honks went off and brought me back to reality. “What are you then?”

“We are vampires.” He looked at me with those eyes. I saw them grew red and bright. They are like sneaking to my heart and brain reading my thoughts. I looked away to get a grip of myself. “We?” I tap on the metal fence.

“The blue butterfly tattoo.” He caught my attentions. “We are call the Blood Butterfly, one types of the vampires.”

“Why are you telling me this?” My eyes paused at my wrist trying to hide it from him, more like from myself. I don’t want to be a blood monster that goes crazy over human blood.

“We can feel each other. I can feel your existence.” Eli touched my left hand and I jerked away from him.
“Ok that is enough. You should stop making up stuff to trick girls.” I jump off the fences and head back to the alley. “There is no such thing as vampires. You better disappear the next time I here or I will call the police on you.” I turn and head in the dark alley.

Eli chase after me, “Wait.” He grabs onto my left wrist. I turn around and his eyes grew in the dark in the red dangerous color. “You and I might be the only one left. All the other Butterflies are killed.” His white fang shows visibly in the dark.

I shake his hand off, “I am not one of them.” He lifted my wrist again; before I can react kiss my butterfly tattoo. It feels like I got electroshocked. I watch the tattoo grew there is a pattern of the butterflies. They turn into different colors, started to grow in the dark and traced up my arm, my elbow and to my shoulder. I can feel the heat ran up my neck and spread across my back. My eyes followed the patterns examine every different butterflies, and then the light disappear.

I looked at Eli and he is looking at my tattoo, “Wow that is pretty.” He commented.
“What did you do to me?” I looked at him furiously.
“This is the respond, when vampires give out powers to another.” Eli smiled.

I look at my tattoo again in disbelief. I storm back to the backstage again shutting the door behind me and leaving him standing there alone. I found the makeup mirror and checked my face. The butterflies have expanded from my wrist to my neck in every different shape. I back away from the mirror and seat myself in the chair. I pinch my cheeks make sure I am not dreaming.

When I heard the doorknob turn, I quickly cover my face with a piece of cloth. “Cat, I am going home now. Just place your clothes at in the …..” CL’s voice traveled to my ears. “Cat what are you doing?”

“Can’t you see the tattoo?” I pull the clothes off.
“What tattoo?” She walks closer to me and gave me a confused expression. I quickly stood up and turn to the mirror the expanded butterflies had disappeared. I let my eyebrows furrowed in confusion. The butterfly is lying on my left wrist like nothing had happened.

“Oh that tattoo is pretty.” CL lay her chin on my shoulder, looking at the butterfly with me.

This is confusing.


I locked the backstage door behind me in the alley. My eyes search around for Eli, but he is nowhere to be found. From the bottom of my heart, I sighed from relief. There is no way that I am a vampire. That guy is just pulling some prank on me.

Step by step I walked down the street with my school bag. The moon is shining on me and creating a light shadow on the floor. The street is dark there is barely anyone walking or car passing by. Even some of the street light are off, one of them blinked a few times as I walk pass. I must have been really late now is all because of that Eli guy.

I took on the road to home. On the way I heard a group of people laughing loudly and ruthlessly in front of me. I ignored the sound and continued to walk forward. A car passed by and the car light flashed at the group of guys. I glanced at their direction, about ten or nine of them are standing and someone else is kneel on the floor. The other ones teaser and throw him around. The boy who is kneeling, is wearing a blue store apron. I assume that he is an employee of the store right behind them. I walk closer and closer thinking that why do people have time to do such things to others. I seriously don’t get the deal of bullying.

Especially to a pretty guy like him, I squinted my eyes and I rubbed them to get a clear vision. Kevin?... My feet paused and stood close to the group. Why is Kevin here?

His head is down and kneel there like a stone. His eyes are covered up by his messy bang. A guy who is in red, kick him in the face like his skin is the floor, leaving a shoe mark on his pure white skin. “You think you can escape from us just by changing school?” The guy questioned with his head held high. The other guy grabbed on Kevin’s black shiny hair. “Since you are working now you probably have some money right? Loser!” He smack his back brain. Kevin didn’t answer, still as stone. The others laughed at his actions.

“.” The guy in red strike his fist on Kevin’s face. “You are too scared to even talk now?” Kevin try to support himself by using his hand. Before he can get up straight again the other ones start kicking him. I can hear and feel his pain from here.

There is a sudden rise of anger in me. These bastards want to end their life today, ruined my mood. Before I can get closer to them, another guy brings out his pocket knife. He pull on Kevin’s hair and pointed towards Kevin’s neck. The sharp edge pressed against his silk white skin and a thin line of red blood traced the edge. Even though we are still far away, a sweet smell run up my nose, I can feel the heat growing inside of me. I pause my speed when the smell hits me. Kevin’s blood makes me angry.

“Are you scared now?” The guy moved his knife a little closer, “What if you die today?” Kevin’s red eye stared at him with anger, “I will take care of your women.”

All of them start laughing at him. I can feel Kevin’s anger rising.

“Yah. .” I yelled before Kevin can. They are turn in my direction finally noticing me. The sharp knife is release from Kevin’s neck. All of their eyes are on me, even Kevins.

“Wow. Look what we have here. A nerdy e?” The guy in red commented on my appearance. The others laughed with him. I sighed inwardly at their stupidity. The guy with the knife walked towards me and loop their dirty arms around my neck. I turn to Kevin, he looked solemn and thankful at the same time.

“So what’s up?” The guy next to me asked, buffing his smelly cigarette breath to me.
“Do you want to play the hard way? Boy.” I smirk at him and gave him a y look.
“Oooo. Ok, baby.” The others and him laughed. Before he finished his ugly laughter, I took his hand and flip him over.

His body turn in a 180 degree, then his face hit the floor like a sand bag. A painful sound release from his mouth. His is body lying flat like a stack of meat. I take his arm and twisted then push against his back. There is not even enough space for him to struggle, leaving him screaming for surrender.

They all looked at me like I am some kind of monster, except for Kevin. I take the knife from his hand and place it next to his neck. “I received a black belt in karate.” I looked at all of them, “You want to fight with your Noona? Learn how to scream for your life first.” I pause, while the others are standing there looking scared. I turn back to the guy, who gave Kevin a scar on his beautiful neck. I kneel on his back pushed him closer to the floor. Then I leaned towards his ear and whisper, “Oh have you heard of vampires?” I hear his breath shorten, and his body start shaking.

I grab his head and turn it to opposite side of the others. The moonlight is shining on his face. There is a reflection of me from those horror eyes that are turn to me. I lean closer to him, so the others can’t see my face. I let my long black hair fall to side blocking their view.

I inhaled a deep breath of air, taking in the sense of Kevin’s blood. Then I felt my eyes burn with like fire, a strong power taking over my body. The butterfly mark on my wrist begin to burn with pain. I can feel my teeth growing out the gum. When I rub my tongue to my teeth, the sharp fang press against it.

I heard the guy scream like a girl, “I am SORRY!” His eyes grew wide, his face fill with fear. I saw my red bright eyes from his. Then he starts to wiggle out, trying his best to survive.
“Remember the night is dangerous.”, I smirked and let loose of him. “Run! Run!” He screams in a short tumbling voice. He scrabble towards his friend and running away like there is no today. The others looked confused and slowly run after him. I calm down myself and let the burn in my eyes disappears, then I walk to Kevin.

“Are you alright?” I picked him up and can’t take my eyes off the blood. Then his Adam’s apple moved up and down from talking, “Wow. Thank you. “He smiled. I couldn’t stop focusing on his neck.

“I didn’t know you working here.” I look in the store to turn away my attention.
“Yes.” He looked down guiltily. “Sorry. I lied this morning. I work everyday till 3 at evening.”
“Wow. That is awesome. That is my concert stage.” I pointed him to the big broad in the dark. For some reason, I really want this guy to know my secret. “I am the Night Cat.”
His jaw dropped, “That is you? Wow.” His smile grew wider, and then he touched his red opening with his fingertips. The blood wipe by his neck.

“Can I taste them?” The words just slip out of my mouth without even thinking. He paused looked at me like he had misheard me. “Try what?”

I stuttered,“No! I am... I meant I need to go. See you tomorrow.” I snap out of my zone and pick up my bag. Then I started to run, before he can even say goodbye.

I have to get away from him now, or else I will lose my control for his blood.
I turn my wrist over looking at the glowing butterfly tattoo.
I am a vampire...I am a blood drinking monster.

 

Updated: March,16, 2013

LovebeingaELF

^ ^ Subscribe :)
I always get motivated to write when reading my reader's comments :>
Enjoy reading...