Baby Blues

Their Journey

 

"Baby? Are you okay?"

"Hm?" 

Stirring from his sleep, Kyuhyun blinked to adjust to the light before he managed to meet his husband's worried gaze.

"You're home"

Siwon concernedly watched him close his eyes again while searching for his hand to hold.

"Kyu, why are you sleeping here?"

Opening his eyes to look around, Kyuhyun could finally process that he was actually sitting in the corridor. He remembered putting the baby to bed after hours of trying to make him fall asleep, and then he was finally able to retreat to his room. What happened next was a blur.

"Why are you sleeping on the floor?"

"I must've fallen asleep when I was heading to our bedroom"

Wincing at the sudden pain in his back, probably from him sleeping on the floor, Kyuhyun sighed as he tried to get up but failed and so Siwon had to steady him and walk him to their room.

"A bad day?"

Sensing the guilty tone of his husband, Kyuhyun's eyes immediately blurred with tears just as he turned away from Siwon.

"Sweetheart?"

Not getting an answer, Siwon approached him and made him face him, gasping when the tears fell out of his eyes.

"What's wrong? Why are you crying?"

"I'm really tired Siwon!"

Crashing himself against Siwon's board chest, Kyuhyun let the tears freely roam down his face as all the weariness and the fatigue of the past couple of weeks suddenly came to surface leaving him a sobbing mess.

Raising a baby is not an easy task and needs a constant care. At first when they had him, four months ago, Kyuhyun had plenty of help from his parents and Siwon's. However, a couple of weeks ago when he and Siwon had agreed that they shouldn't depend on their families too much and because they had less and less alone time since there was always someone at their house, they both decided that they will try to take care of the kid on their own.

However, the last couple of weeks had taken a toll on him. He hadn't been sleeping nor eating well especially in the last three days when WonKyu got a fever that demanded his full attention.

"I know. I'm sorry"

Abruptly pulling away, Kyuhyun slightly glared at his husband "Why are you sorry? You're busting your off to provide for us! I should be the one feeling sorry because I can't even take care of our baby!"

Shocked, Siwon cupped Kyuhyun's cheeks and made their gazes meet.

"Don't ever say that. You're the most wonderful father I have ever seen! Raising a kid is a hard thing to do especially at the beginning. I know I'm putting too much pressure and responsibility on you but-"

"You're not putting it on me, Siwon. We both wanted a baby and I'm not saying I don't love him because god I do, so very much, but... I'm really really tired"

Smiling at the pouty face, Siwon stole a chaste kiss before pulling his husband to his embrace.

"How about I'll take a short leave and we can take care of him together?"

"Wonnie, you can't. Our fathers' companies had recently merged and so we can't both not be working. Especially now because my father's company isn't doing so well yet"

"What could happen if I take a few days off, huh?"

"Wonnie~"

"I want to, Kyuhyun. We both decided that we don't need to depend too much on our parents but yet I left you alone at home while I'm all day in the office. It's not fair to you"

Wiping his wet cheeks with the back of his hands, Kyuhyun stared at his husband for a second before stating.

"It will be nice having you around"

"Right?"

"You'll take care of WonKyu when he wakes up at night?"

Having a pretty good idea about how often his baby boy wakes up in the middle of the night, crying for his food, Siwon hesitated for a second. However, as he saw the cute little pout on his husband's plump lips, he could only sigh before nodding.

"You won't wake me up?"

Squinting his eyes, Siwon decided to use his aeygo as well or else his short leave would be hell for him.

"Baby~ won't you keep me company? Huh?"

"I haven't had any good sleep for two weeks, Wonnie. TWO WEEKS!"

Feeling a slight pang in his heart for letting his baby suffer alone, Siwon cupped his cheeks again and rested their foreheads together. He could never stop being thankful to his husband for being so kind to stay home when WonKyu first came. He knew it must be hard for him not to work and stay at home all day and not once he had complained... until now that is.

"You don't even wake me up"

"Of course not! You come home tired. How can I?"

"I love you so much, baby"

Blushing, Kyuhyun pressed a couple of kisses on each of Siwon's palms before pulling away to stare at him.

"I love you too, hubby"

Chuckling at the nickname, Siwon closed the gap between their faces as he locked Kyuhyun's lips in a passionate kiss. 

"I am very lucky to have you"

"Tsk of course you are!"

Kissing him once again, Kyuhyun suddenly yelped when he was lifted up and thrown to the bed.

"What are you doing?"

Wiggling his eyebrows funnily, Siwon didn't need to answer as he nuzzled his face in Kyuhyun's neck leaving the younger laughing at the ticklish feeling, forgetting all of his tiredness all of a sudden.

Hearing the sound of Kyuhyun's laugh that each time makes his heart flutter, Siwon pulled away and lovingly stared at him.

"Always be happy"

"As long as you're with me"

Smiling while tracing his thumb over the blushing cheek, Kyuhyun got lost in the adoring gaze Siwon was giving him.

"What"

"Can't I stare at my beautiful husband?"

Rolling his eyes, Kyuhyun couldn't handle the look any longer because his face was about to explode as the heat rose in his body. Playfully slapping the hand on his cheek, he rolled to his side back facing Siwon and burying his face in the pillow.

"Still shy even after all this time?"

Only getting a muffled whine, or a curse, as a response, Siwon laid behind Kyuhyun and wrapped him in his embrace, his chest flat against the younger's back.

"Thank you for everything"

Entwining his hand with the one on his waist, Kyuhyun slowly showed his face, a content smile on his lips as he whispered "I love you"

.
.

After a few minutes of silence, only the sound of their breaths was heard, Kyuhyun sincerely muttered "I really love WonKyu"

"I know"

"I'm not a bad father, I just get tired sometimes, you know?"

"I know"

Sighing, he turned to face his husband, his slender fingers caressing the slightly stubbly cheek as he pressed a couple of pecks on the man's lips.

"Will it get better?"

Kissing Kyuhyun's hand before burying it in his chest, Siwon scooted even closer as he confidently said "It will. I promise"

"Good. Because I kinda miss staying up all night... for a different reason"

Eyes glowing with sudden lust, Siwon didn't waste time in flipping Kyuhyun onto his back and hovering above him, lips immediately diving in for a kiss.

Heart-full laughter echoed around the couple's bedroom, clothes flying out and hands all over each other. Little did they know that a tiny human being in the next room was stirring from his sleep and was about to let out a really loud wail...

 

- end -