Can You Keep a Secret?

Never Say I Give Up Again

Aj’s POV

I’m so bored how is it that I have no schedules today.

I play with my phone to find people to bug only to be staring at Kevin’s childhood friend.

I text her a regular, “Hi, It’s Jaeseop I was wondering if you wanted to hang out?”

I didn’t think I’d get a reply so fast when i did though my heart melted, “Oh hi, I’m open in a few minutes since I’ll get off work. Do you want me to go to the dorms?”

I almost dance in joy after i read her reply, “can you come to the dorms?”

“Alright is there a way I can get in without trouble?”

“Yea, I can get manager to meet you wherever you are. You are our friend.”

“Alright.”

 

I’m sitting on the couch waiting for ___ to show up, but I don’t hear anything for a long while.

I sigh when i hear a knocking at the door to open it to see __- breathing heavily.

“What happened?”

“Umm... I’m not feeling all too well can you help me sit down?”

“Ya, are you alright?”

She shakes her head as she reaches into her bag pulling out a bottle filled with painkillers and an inhaler.

“What’s wrong?”

“Can you keep a secret?”

“Of course,” I tell her being calm.

“I... I have cancer. I had it before, but it came back faster than expected and it’s not that far along from what I’m told, but it sure in hell hurts a lot. I think I’m ready to give up truthfully.”

I watch her face as I know my face contort to something of sadness and anger.

“Why give up?”

“It hurts to much. When I found out I had cancer i moved away from home even thought I knew my parents would cry because their daughter ran away from home.”

“Why run away?”

“I couldn’t look in my parents’ faces when I would tell them that a cancer that I had when i was 5 had come back and I had to fight it again. I’m not getting treatment like I should, but I do get some help with it.”

I nod my head a bit mad with her, “Are you stupid?”

Her head snaps up looking me in the face surprised by my sudden loud voice.

“What do you mean?”

“___-ah you should get treatment,” I tell her and I realize that I’m going back to school in a little bit.

“Would you go through everything with me?”

“I’m not sure if I’d be able too since I’m supposed to go back to school.”

She nods her head as she looks at me, “I understand that.”

I whisper her name causing her to look at me, “Why come to me?”

She shrugs as she walks over to the couch and curls up, “I’m not sure. I just wanted too. Not counting the dorms are closer to my work place then my home.”

She falls asleep and I know this cause her chest moving nice and evenly.

"She must really be tired. I'll let her rest for a little bit."

I sit on the floor with my laptop and start working on a new project.


Sorry it's been so long sine I updated this story but it kind of got lost among my stories since I put it in a seperate file cause I was stuck and still kind of am.