Chapter 1

You aren't ugly, got that?

"Yah Donghae! Did you find the exam easy?" Hyukjae asked his twin as they got in the bus.

"Well not that easy but we didn't study remember? I bet if we did the test would be a piece of cake. Well for me my fishies are most important." Donghae said as if not caring about anything at all.

" What if I fail all subjects?" Hyukjae deadpanned.

" Well at least I have Science. Lee Donghae has never failed in Science his whole life." Donghae bragged.

"Yah! I'm older than you!" Hyukjae said

"For like two minutes you are." Donghae said.

Suddenly they hear someone giggling at the back of their seats. It was such a cute giggle that they had to look. They both looked back at the same time that they bumped their heads together.

"Yah! Look the other way."Donghae said.

"I wouldn't be able to see, babo." Hyukjae replied.

When they heard a giggle again they looked back cautiously now. They saw a feminine blonde guy. The boy was looking at them and giggling? Why? The boy stopped laughing when he saw the questioning looks on both's faces. He suddenly remembered that they don't  know him.

"A-annyeonghaseyo, Lee Sungmin imnida. I-I'm a a junior at SM high, I'm from the grade nine  building and I'm just usually at the library so you probably haven't seen me before." Sungmin said.

"There's a student at school who lives near us?!" they both said in surprise.

" I-I won't tell anyone what bus you take." Sungmin said in a hurry.

" Well thanks, I'm Hyukjae."

 " Yeah, that'll help us a lot. I'm Donghae."

Sungmin smiled again and said " Of course I know you hyungs. You're the Lee twins that everyone knows. Both smart, sporty, and talented. Ignorant to others but poular as hell."

"About that, can you not tell anyone about it too. Cause our images are supposed to be ignorant." Donghae said and Hyukjae nodded.

"Of course, I don't have any friends to tell it to. Actually the girls call me ugly and doesn't wanna hang out, the guys don't come near me and I don't even know why ." Sungmin said with a bitter smile.

" Want to be our friends then?" Hyukjae asked. Sungmin widened his eyes.

" It's a pleasure to be your friend hyungs but we don't know what the others might think of it."

" Who said we care about them." Donghae said.

Sungmin smiled, overjoyed. He made friends with the most popular flower guys at school. " I can't believe the Popular twins of SM high just asked me to be friends with them. I swear I won't do anything to ruin the image of hyungs."

"Oh by the way, why were you giggling earlier?"

" Ummm... I'm sorry but this is the first time you two bickered. Also i can't believe you two would fail an exam. Well Donghae hyung gets a hundred in Science every time but both of you get marks higher than ninety." Sungmin looked at them and they have an unreadable expression in their faces. " I-I- I'm not one of the stalkers okay. I-I j-just overheard it from my classmates. Seriously!" Sungmin reddened embarrassed. Oh no his new so called friends must think of him as a creep now, he thought while looking down. The twins chuckled. 

"You're so cute!" Donghae said while chuckling.

" I wish I had a little brother like you." Hyukjae said while chuckling.

" Be our little brother then?". Both of them asked and Sungmin nodded gleefully.

"Oh, I'll get out the next stop." Sungmin said.

"Really, us too.". Hyukjae said exited.

"Where do you live." Donghae asked.

"SJ Hotel."

"That's ours too. So coincidental." Donghae said. " What's your room then? Ours is room 15 at the 9th floor."

"I'm in room 13 at the 8th floor. I'm actually neighbors with hyungs all this while."

"Well let's be official I-know-you-neighbors now."Hyukjae said. Sungmin giggled but nodded nonetheless. 

--- SJ hotel- fancy hotel has only 20 rooms, swimming pools, gym, restaurant. 13 floors plus 2  parking floors.

________________

 \______________/ <--- fancy restaurant.

  |                           | <--- swimming pool, gym

  |                           | <--- Room 19, 20

  |                           | <--- Room 17, 18

  |                           | <--- Room 15, 16

  |                           | <--- Room 13, 14

  |                           | <--- Room 11, 12

  |                           | <--- Room 09, 10

  |                           | <--- Room 07, 08

  |                           | <--- Room 05, 06

  |                           | <--- Room 03, 04

  |                           | <--- Room 01, 02

  |                           | <--- reception area/lobby 

  |~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  |         Parking A                 | 

  |         Parking B                  |   

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-------------------------

~Next day~

*dingdong*

Sungmin was still half asleep eating his cereal. He looked at the clock. It was only 6:30. School starts at 8:30. 

' Aunty So early!' Sungmin thought. Only his aunt visits him. His parents lives in Hawaii and his aunt is the one who takes care of him. She owns the Hotel and is doing business worldwide so she's only here to visit Sungmin .

*dingdong* it went again. Sungmin went to the door and opened it. Without looking who it is he said,  "Aunty so early in the morning? Can't you call me when you're back in korea so it won't always be a surprise visit. At least come when I'm all dressed up and bathed. *yawn*" he looked half asleep at What is supposed to be his aunt. He widened his eyes.

"D-donghae hung! H-hyukjae hyung!" then he looked at himself.  'Pink bunny pajamas with stuffy bunny in hand' he thought. He looked at both again and blushed. "W-what are hyungs doing here?" Sungmin saw them already in their uniforms.

"Y U SO CUTE Minnie-ah, I could eat you right now" Donghae blurted out getting a hit in the head from Hyukjae.

"Yah! Calm down ert." Hyukjae said.

"I meant it in a different way, you're the ert." Hyukjae rolled his eyes at this.

"Were here to go to school with you Minnie." Hyukjae said.

"B-but I haven't bathed yet and I'm just eating my cereal. Isn't it too early to go to school hyungs?" Sungmin said as he let the two in and continued eating his breakfast.

"Well we have to fetch that lazy Cho Kyuhyun too from room 14. Same floor as yours." Donghae said as both him and Hyukjae were getting themselves comfortable at the living room.

Sungmin's eyes grew. He looked another way from his hyungs and spat the cereal currently in his mouth. "Ch-Cho k- Kyuhyun?! The ICE Prince?! He lives the same floor as me at the same apartment?!" Sungmin said.

He couldn't believe it. Cho Kyuhyun is the most popular kid in school even though he's only in grade 10. A year older than him just like the ignorant twins of the school.

"Whoa Sungmin, don't tell me you like that evil, lazy idiot?" Donghae asked. Hyukjae was also giving him a questioning look with a little determination for Sungmin to say 'no cause it'll save you look' on their faces.

Sungmin looked down. "How could I ever like someone like him. I have no right to like him. I'm ugly and everyone hates me." Yes! Sungmin's self confidence is down in the dumps. It has been since he was in elementary. It hurt him a lot but he still couldn't help but smile at the littlest things he sees. 

"Minnie, don't say that." Donghae said looking at him sincerely. "Now that The Ignorant Twins are here, we will let no one criticize you." Sungmin faked a smile.

How can he possibly ruin his hyungs' image for his own good? He can't do that to the first friends he had since grade 5.

Sungmin bathed really fast and then got ready really fast too because they still have to go to Cho Kyuhyun's house that, according to Hyukjae and Donghae, is probably still asleep. He finished at 7:10 and they left the room. 

Sungmin was really nervous. He'll get to meet the ice prince real close. As they walk to the other door at this floor that says 14 in it Sungmin got all sweaty from nervousness.

Sungmin's POV

Omo! Most popular kid at school, I'll get to see him up close. This is awesome!

As Hyukjae hyung rang the doorbell twice now, the door opened revealing a Kyuhyun hyung that has bed head and is just in his b-b-b...boxers! (>\\\<). Still half asleep but so smexy... I can't think like this brain... I'm ugly remember that, okay heart?...

I should probably leave for now. Kyuhyun hyung doesn't know me so I Shouldn't probably go inside.

"I-I'm gonna go to school first see you hyungs after school maybe." I ran away and so lucky for me that the elevator just happened to stop there. I went in after it opened. "I cannot go with them to school okay Sungmin?" I whispered to myself... Okay I sounded crazy but luckily no ne was there. I'm ugly, I'm not supposed to be here. This Hotel room is supposed to be for Aunty's child. The problem is, she had no time to bond with Uncle.

 It's because of me, Uncle was right.

*memory lane*

"Aunty is here again? Where's Uncle?" Aunty is here everyday. Mom and Dad are still at work that's probably why she's here again. She always takes care of me. :)

"Sungminnie, Uncles at home, he's a grown up already. You little Sungminnie, is still a baby and I  will take care of you okay?" I just nodded and smiled. 

"I'm in grade 5 now tho so no need to worry Aunty. Uncle must be lonely." she just smiled.

***One day

"Mom, Dad, you're going to Hawaii?" I don't want to go! All my friends are here.

"Yeah Minnie, please don't be sad but you have to stay here." Mom said, I smiled inwardly but remained with a poker face.

"Yeah Min, our work location changed again. Don't worry, you'll stay your Aunty and we'll call and visit okay?" Dad said.

"I understand. Please take care of yourselves." I told mom and dad.

"Minnie, we should be the ones saying that. Aigoo such an understanding and cute son."

***Aunt and Uncle's home/mansion

"Aigoo, Sungminnie is going to live with us from now on." Aunty said happily.

"Honey, can you take him to and from school. Pleaaaase?" Aunty continued.

"I understand." uncle said, no emotion apparent in his face. What happened to my happy-go-lucky uncle? I miss him.

*** when it's uncle's days off during Sundays

"You ugly , don't show your face to me. I can only be nice to you because your Aunty said so. Don't think of yourself highly. Because of you, we cannot have a child. She always chooses you over me all the time. I am his ing husband. While you, you are just an ugly !" uncle again.

Every Sunday when aunt was working and we have a day off, uncle would always scold me for being an ugly . He calls me the name 'ugly' instead of 'Sungmin' when Aunty is not around. He calls me that every time he fetches me from school and in the morning too. I know that Aunty loves him so I never told her. It would've broken her, I love Aunty so I'm happy when she's happy.

As the time passed everyone knows my nickname ugly and now the students also think I'm ugly. My friends avoided me because they are afraid of my uncle.

I became isolated, a loner.

It didn't become a hindrance to me being able to smile tho. Even though I was bullied for being ugly, I never failed to smile. Through this, I learned the art of wearing masks. I perfected smiling, that's my favorite mask.

One day, Aunty heard Uncle what he says to me.

Aunty begged for a day off during Sunday and I guess it got granted.

She went inside the house and slapped Uncle who wasn't even aware that she was there. "Yah! How could you say that to Sungminnie? He's still a kid!" Aunty shouted.

"Well if you like him so much more than me why don't you just live together then!!"

"Fine with me. No one hurts him like that! No One! The divorce papers are only needed to be signed by you. GOODBYE!"

*end of memory lane*  

 Sigh* I finally arrived at school. 7:55, I guess I have to go to the library. 

End of Sungmin's POV

~back at kyuhyun's room~

Just after Sungmin left, Kyuhyun realized that there was someone else there.

"Yah hyungs, who's that? What is this trouble again?" Kyuhyun asked. Afraid of being stalked.

"Chill bro, he's our neighbor, room 13. He's a year younger than us." Hyukjae explained.

"Are you sure it's okay to befriend him?" Kyuhyun asked.

"Well Kyuhyun, he doesn't have any friends so he couldn't really tell, anyone where we live. And everyone deserves a friend. Besides, he's like a new little brother." Donghae said. Kyuhyun shrugged. He doesn't really care if they have a new friend. The only thing he cares about is the students knowing their adress. Kyuhyun isn't really a cold person. He has that persona for everyone to go away and leave him alone. He's really tired of being stalked. The real Kyuhyun is an evil boy addicted to video games.

~School~

*ring ring ring*

Recess starts and all of the students go with their friends and hangs out. Sungmin goes to the back of the school buildings where a mini park is located. No one really hangs out there, it's a quiet place to think. If Sungmin wasn't in the library, he'd probably be in here. Sungmin always eats lunch here under the tree at the bench then after that he reads a book. At least there, no one would see his ugly face.

"Hey." Sungmin looked at the owner of the voice. His sandwich almost finished.

"Ch-Cho k-Kyuhyun?..ah, hyung." Sungmin said dumbfounded. Sungmin said hurriedly, suddenly intimidated by Kyuhyun's presence, "I-I'm sorry... I never intended to know where you live. Hyukjae hyung and Donghae hyung to..." 

"I just wanted to ensure that you won't tell anyone about where we live."  Kyuhyun's eyes were the same cold eyes he gives to everyone.

"I-I understand." Sungmin said smiling. Sungmin was really scared one so he stood up,bowed 90° and just walked away with his lunch box and book. Sungmin decided to just go to the library again.

Kyuhyun's POV

I was looking for that Lee Sungmin that those twins was talking about. they said that he didn't have friends so I looked at the most remote places at school during lunch. 

Garden-no

Science lab-no

Library-no

Rooftop-no

From the rooftop I saw the boy eating his sandwich alone at the park behind the school. No one was there except him. I went down and went to the park.

"Hey" I said cal my. This guy is really small. He faced me and Hyukjae hyung and Donghae hyung wasn't wrong about how cute this kid is. Maintain being cold Kyuhyun-ah.

"Ch-Cho k-Kyuhyun?..ah, hyung." he said surprised. Yeah that's right, Cho Kyuhyun IS in front of you. "I-I'm sorry... I never intended to know where you live. Hyukjae hyung and Donghae hyung to..." This thing's so talkative. I don't care about that anymore.

"I just wanted to ensure that you won't tell anyone about where we live." I swear if someone knows about where I live, I'm going to haunt you down and destroy your life.

"I-I understand." after that, he smiled, stood up, and bowed, he then walked away with his stuff.

THAT'S IT?? I UNDERSTAND?? that's the answer I get for even having the time to find you.Am I really that scary? Well WHATEVER!!

-------------------

After school I went to the Arcade at the mall alone. I like being alone cause no one will disturb me. The mall is near the hotel so there's probably no one there from the school. I saw that Sungmin walk out of the market when I finished gaming. He has 2 big plastic bags, one on each hand. He looks so weak, hahaha. I went near him.

"Give it." I said and held up one hand. He looked up and looked surprised again.

"N-no, I can do it." he said then smiled. Stupid. I just took it from him and we walked back to the hotel.

I got to see the inside of his hotel room and it's mostly pink and white. Hmmm. What an interesting fellow. After dropping the groceries, I was about to go home.

"Um hyung, want something to eat? To thank you." This kid's always smiling. 

"Well now that you mention it, I am hungry so okay." I sat on the couch while he went to the kitchen to cook. I watched something on the TV while waiting. This is the first time I'm eating home made food again since I was ten.

"Hyung, food is served." The kid called me to the dining room. I stood up and went there. The food is samgyupsal, my mouth watered. I sat down and started to eat and he followed. He was smiling ear to ear proud of what he made.

We finished the meal and said said our see yous and I went to my room across from his. *Burp* aaahhhh so good. Hehehe ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comments are loved! ^^