No Longer Surprises

Puppeteer

"Junghee, remember, whatever you see ---" Leeteuk started his warning again when they were in front of the little door, and was interrupted by Junghee.

"I can't get scared. Leeteuk-ssi, you've warned me for the millionth time, I understand," Junghee reassured the man, who was sweating beady bullets of sweat. Junghee found him weird.

"Alright, I won't be reminding you again, but just remember that whatev ---" Leeteuk apologized and stopped himself from saying it again.

Junghee put her hand on the doorknob and Leeteuk almost freaked, and once again, started his babbling reminder.

"REMEMBER THAT WHATEVER YOU SEE, YOU CAN'T FREAK OUT!" he cried nervously.

"I won't Leeteuk-ssi," Junghee sighed. She turned the doorknob.

Leeteuk wanted to faint a bit.


Junghee stared at the puppet in front of her.

The puppet stared back.

Leeteuk's face was starkly pale, and it looked like he was hit by pouring rain.

"DON'T ARREST ME, JUNGHEE." he whimpered. 

"Yo, Leeteuk, who's the girl?" the...puppet... asked Leeteuk. "And what's with this lump of a human here doing in our room?" He nudged Jonghyun's unconcious body.

"Leeteuk-ssi, what the hell is he?" Junghee questioned. As she asked, she tip-toed slowly over to her stupid brother's body. She kicked him, and looked up at the puppet again, and squinted. The puppet imitated her.

"Yes?" he asked, in what seemed to be his sweetest voice possible. Junghee just kept staring. As did the puppet.

"L-l-leeteuk-ssiiiii..." Junghee swallowed. She did her best to keep herself as cool and calm as possible.

"YES." Leeteuk answered in a robotic voice.

"What the heck is this?" Junghee asked, suddenly sounding mad, and stared straight at Leeteuk.

"I...don't want to be here anymore." Leeteuk said quietly. The puppet turned his head to look at the shivering man.

"What the hell - " Junghee started.

"Are you talking about." the puppet finished. He looked at Leeteuk with a menacing glare. "So is that what you've been waiting for the entire time? Complaining about no one visiting backstage? Just so you can find another replacement? That's inhumane." He snarked. Junghee just stood there in shock and total confusion.

"You're not even human," Leeteuk started. 

"Don't give me that bull! You led this yourself. We never asked you to come here in the first place. And now you're bringing in people that's going to feel exactly the same way you feel right now, and one day they're going to abandon us too like this - "

"What the hell are you guys talking about?!" Junghee screamed.

The puppet and Leeteuk looked back at Junghee, realizing she was still there.

"Junghee-ah, you must understand, whatever I'm about to say, don't freak out," Leeteuk started.

"Get to the point, Leeteuk-ssi!"

"Your brother's taking my place." Leeteuk said.

"WHAT THE BULL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" Jonghyun suddenly snapped awake and screamed.

"He's alive," the puppet remarked.

"Explain yourself, Leeteuk-ssi," Junghee said, trying her best to stay calm, and kicked her brother in the shin. He howled.


"I'll explain," Leeteuk sighed. "Whatever I'm about to say - "

"Get on with it!" Junghee sighed.

"When I was about Jonghyun's age, this puppet theater was built. By me. I was extremely interested in puppets, and a totally different category, learning about the unexplainable. So I worked on puppets for years, and I dedicated my life to them. It was hard to create all these puppets, but I did it. But as I was also deeply intricated by my second interest, again, the unexplainable things that happen in this world. I did science, and everything, and even as much as I studied, I couldn't understand what happened. I mixed around things, and one day, I knocked the substance I was working on over. It dropped all over my puppets, and what you see now is the result. I was excited at first, anyone would be, but I realized something strange. All these years, I wasn't able to ---"

"What the hell is all this noise?!" a girl's voice suddenly rang through the tiny room, and the four turn around to see a girl with long wavy golden blonde hair getting up from her position sleepily and looked at the intruders in their room. 

"Who are you" 


AStupidPerson's/N:

OH MY GOD. 

I even said that I was going to update a whole lot and bunch for my next update, but no, it turned out super-late, and not long at all. Not to mention it seems so hurriedly written that it probably won't make sense.

SORRY.

I was hit with a tsunami of work and I can't even express how much that is with numbers. TT_TT

So here's a quick crappy chapter full of bull, and I'll promise I'll do better for the next.

AND, if you don't understand wtf is happening, well, you're not supposed to understand :D