Where Curiosity Leads You

Puppeteer

Jonghyun and Junghee walked slowly to the door that led to the entrance backstage. 

"Junghee, is this even allowed?" Jonghyun questioned. 

Junghee silently pointed to the corner of the door. "Welcoming Everyone" it was labeled, in small letters.

"Oh." Jonghyun said. He felt a bit stupid.

Junghee opened the door, and Jonghyun followed her through the staircase. Finally, they reached backstage, where only a red velvet curtain separated them from. Junghee whipped the curtain over, and walked through the dim hallway. Jonghyun just walked straight behind her. 

How the hell can she not be creeped out by all this, Jonghyun thought.

The two siblings reached a hallway, the backstage. But there was no one there, and Jonghyun saw no staircase that led to the floor above the theatre, where the people were supposed to be controlling the puppets.

Junghee noticed another door down the hallway and mentioned for Jonghyun to follow her.

"Come here. Let's check that door," she whispered.

"Why are we whispering?" Jonghyun asked. Junghee didn't replied. It only felt right to do so.

Junghee opened the door and gasped. Jonghyun just gaped.

There were puppets in all positions. There was a nice looking girl puppet with blonde hair curled up in the corner. Another pretty puppet, a male with a brown mushroom cut, laid down next to a box, head against the sides. Jonghyun recognized him as one of the puppets from the play. There were many more, laid out, and they looked asleep. All their eyes were closed.

Are they sleeping or something? Jonghyun thought to himself.

"Who's there?" a voice suddenly boomed through the hall.

Junghee looked at Jonghyun. Jonghyun stared at Junghee.


"Ah? Do I have a visitor?" A man asked, standing by the doorway of the room Junghee and Jonghyun were in. "Hello there."

"Oh. Uhm, sorry for disturbing..." Junghee apologized.

"The door said 'Welcome' so we came," Jonghyun said. He didn't feel like it was his fault.

The man chuckled. "That's right, you're welcome here. It's just rare to have a visitor here." He smiled faintly. "My name's Leeteuk."

"I'm Junghee!" Junghee said, smiling. She nudged Jonghyun

"Jonghyun." Jonghyun said. He gave his sister a glare.

"Nice, very nice to meet you!" Leeteuk boomed out again.

"Did you create these puppets?" Junghee asked. She walked out of the room to chat with Leeteuk.

"Yes, they are my creations." 

As they talked, Jonghyun just observed the puppets around him. There was something real about these puppets, and he wanted to stay and examine. He looked around, seemed to be searching for something but didn't know exactly what.

"Oppa. Are you coming? We're going to Leeteuk's study!" Junghee said, as if she won the lottery.

Jonghyun shook his head. "Go ahead. I want to examine these puppets."

"Suit yourself, oppa." Junghee shrugged. Leeteuk looked at Jonghyun. He seemed like he wanted to say something. In the end, he looked away. "Follow me, Junghee."

When Jonghyun turned his attention back to the puppets, he began searching for something he didn't know again. Suddenly his eyes landed on what he thought he was looking for.

It was the puppet with the feline looking eyes, and Jonghyun recognized him from his raven colored hair, with the bright red highlights. Jonghyun carefully stepped in between the scattered puppets and creeped closer to the puppet that caught his attention. He crouched down, to be on eye level with the puppet, which had its eyes closed. Jonghyun reached out a hand and -

"Don't touch me," the puppet suddenly hissed. His eyes opened abruptly, and Jonghyun did what any sane person in the world would've done.

He screamed. 


A/N: I realized after I posted, that I forgot to thank everyone that subscribed and/or reviewed :) so thanks!~

I appreciate it, and I hope that you guys can enjoy the future chapters too ^_____^.