BPM69

JongRa Couple : The Drabbles

Taera's POV

 

 

    "I have one question for you guys, but I'm afraid it's going to be a bit sensitive, though. You said you've known the band members before their debut days, right?" asked one of the emcees to me. I drew a small smile before answering his question.

 

    "Yeah, it has been more than 10 years now."

 

    “I'm kind of wondering, do you have any past relationships with other members? I mean, they're all good looking, it's not impossible for that to happen right?" asked the same emcee again. The female emcee hit him on the arm as a sign of protest against his question. But that was all an act. She knew much earlier that he was going to ask about it as it is in the script. Even both me and Jonghoon knew about the questions.

 

    "Why are you asking that to a married lady? What more in front of her own husband." I chuckled a bit to her retort, indicating that I was fine with the former’s question.

 

    "I don't think I have any romantic relationships with any other members. Well, I am very close to Jaejin though - he is practically my brother. In fact, I regard all of them as my family so I guess it was quite hard for me to see them in another light,” I replied, inserting chuckles here and there to make the atmosphere less serious.

 

    "I thought you had?" Jonghoon said suddenly as he turned to me a bit. I frowned to his question - he knows everything about my whole love life; what is he even saying right now?

 

    “No, I didn’t,” I answered shortly, squinting my eyes at him. My mind worked hard trying to remember that event he was referring to. 

 

    "Or did you guys have 'something'?" His question got me thinking for a while before I realised who was he referring to.

 

    "I didn't ride it." I said as I offered him an ensuring smile. I placed a hand on his knee, signalling him to not bring it up furthermore. And I took  that he understood my signal as he didn't press the matter further afterwards.

[A/N: As to why I said, ‘I didn’t ride it’ is because, in Korean there’s a term called ‘Sseom Ta’ - which actually means, ‘to have something going on (mutual feelings)’. ‘Sseom’ is derived from ‘SOMEthing’ and ‘Ta’ literally means ‘ride’. So that’s why I used that sentence in this part.]

 

 

 

*****

 

 

[Flashback]

 

 

    "Minalli~~" I sing-sang, approaching him who's seating on the couch, a game controller in his hands. He turned to me, a smile drawn on his face. I felt the same smile unconsciously crept on mine as I sat next to him.

 

    "Yeah!!! I won!!!” cried Wonbin oppa as he threw a fist into the air celebrating his win. Ignoring the older male, Minhwan's smile gotten wider as I lied down on his lap with a book in my hands and peeked to his face for a moment before continuing to 'read' the book. He chuckled at my antics before taking the book away from me. I frowned a little at his act.

 

    "What's 'Minalli'?" he asked as he removed a strand of my hair from my face. I felt myself blushed a little at it. I tried to cover it by seizing my book from him but he held his hand high so that I couldn't reach it - since I was lying down.

 

    "I was about to say 'Minani' but changed to 'Minari' at the en-"

 

    "Minhwan-ah, hyung has something to talk to you about."

 

    Jonghoon ssaem's voice sent me sitting up from my initial position. Blood rushed to my face in embarrassment as though I was caught in action doing something bad - but I know I wasn't. I saw Jaejin looking at me from behind Jonghoon ssaem. I was confused with the gaze he gave me. I sent an enquiring look to him as a reply and he held his hand out - telling me to follow him. 

 

    "Ne, hyung," said Minhwan and we both stood up from the couch. I head to Jaejin and took his hand before he lead me to his room at the end of the hallway. His face was troubled the whole time adding to my confusion. What had actually happened?

 

    "Taebaby."

 

    One word and I know something is not right. But I was too scared of whatever he was going to say, I decided not to reply him and just listened.

 

    Silence.

 

    My heart was beating loudly against my chest and I can practically hear them. 

 

    "I- Baby, I- no, we think that you're getting a little bit too close with Minhwan lately." 

 

    "And?" My voice croaked a bit showing my nervousness while my brows knitted into a frown still unable to grasp the problem - or maybe not - that he was trying to convey to me.

 

    "We think you guys have to tone it down a bit."

 

    "'We' who? And tone what down?" I questioned him in puzzlement. What exactly was he trying to say, for God's sake!

 

    "We, Jonghoon hyung and I, think that you have to tone down your relationship with Minhwan a bit. If possible we don't want Manager hyung to find out because that would mean you will be prohibited to come around as much. Understand, Taebaby?" Jaejin said as he pinched my cheek a little. However that explanation deepened my frown instead.

 

    "What on Earth are you even talking about? There's nothing going on between him and me. We're just friends. Like me and the others."

 

    "Taera, you can lie to others b-"

 

    "Jaejin, I am not that desperate in finding a boyfriend. Yes, I just got to know my crush is currently dating my boyfriend but I am not resorting to date anybody who is available around just because," I heard my voice gets louder by each word I uttered and immediately regretted it as I saw that stern face on Jaejin.

 

    "You actually think I don't know just how frequent you both are texting each other lately? How his face brighten up whenever he sees you? How his ears turned red whenever you smile at him? You think I didn't notice that?" By each word he said, I felt a frown slowly forming on my face. 

 

    "Real..ly? He did?" I found it hard to believe his words. I mean, I do admit that we have gotten closer lately but I wasn't expecting this. I was just looking for comfort in a friend. And since he's the only one here who has the same age as mine, I turned to him. I didn’t think our attitude towards each other has changed too, though. That is how I have always been with him. 

 

    "Yes, Taera." His answer sent me panicking - I don't know what should I do. I feel like a complete villain right now. I didn't mean to flirt with him - nor did I wish to mislead him. As I said, I was only looking for comfort in a friend and he gave me that. Yes, there’s Danny, but he has his girlfriend himself to worry about. How did it come to this? What did I do? What have I done? I was busy questioning myself, trying to find the answer by my own when I felt myself being pulled into a pair of arms, offering me some comfort.

 

    "Don't cry, baby," whispered Jaejin as he caressed my hair. I didn't even realise the tears pooling in my eyes until I blinked. I reciprocated Jaejin's hug and rest my forehead on his shoulder blade, as I let out a deep sigh. 

 

    "Jaejin, what do I do?"

 

 

[End of Flashback]

 

 

*****

 

    "Oppa, what's bothering you? It's already very late. Get some sleep, okay?" I mumbled almost inaudibly as I tautened my arms around his big build. I snuggled closer to the crook of his neck, taking a whiff of his scent. His scent always make me feel so safe, and so at home - it tells me that he's there with me and gives me a sense of security. 

 

    Upon not having any answer from him, I looked up to his face. He was staring at the ceiling of our bedroom, looking as if he's lost in his thought. I have a hunch of what he was thinking about - it was regarding that very question earlier today during the interview. In my attempt to  distract him from his thought, I pecked him lightly on his lips, living him puzzled with my sudden act.

 

    "Are you still thinking about that question?" Instead of answering me, Jonghoon changed his lying position and turned to look at me. He stared at my face for a while before he encircled his arms around my figure.

 

    "What would have happened to us if I didn't stop you and Minhwan?” His voice was telling me that he was indeed very concerned about the matter. I looked at his handsome face and found myself softened at the sight of his worried face. His eyes looked as if he was hopeless - he looked as if he was about to lose something that he dears a lot. I know that feeling. I know it too well. He was feeling insecure. I pushed his hair back a bit so I get to see his eyes clearly. I cupped his cheek with the same hand, trying to channel my love for him, so that his sense of insecurity would dismiss. I watched as he closed his eyes and feel my hand on his face. 

 

    “None. Nothing would have changed.”

 

    

 


A/N: Err..hi everybody? ^^;; It has been more than 2 years since I posted any update *awkward laugh* Truth is, I have been extremely busy and I was lazy to type down the stories. And I can't really promise you any other updates soon. 

Thanks for not un-subscribing! Not that I would minded because I totally understand you if you do so, but yeah. Thank you :)

 

Love, ChocoBun.