four

Opposites Do Attract

“Excuse me?” Hyukjae up an eyebrow and confusingly looks at the brunette. “What do you mean? I am Hyukjae.” The blonde slices the last piece of his Chocolate Cake and peers over the brunette, now sitting opposite to him. Seeing Donghae’s untouched dessert, he asks, “Hey, you going to eat your Strawberry Cake?”

“You sure you’re not some kind of Hyukjae’s doppelganger?” Donghae, as fast as a lightning, grabs the plate with his cake, glaring at the other meaning to stay away, as if the cake is his only possession. “After disagreeing in switching our cakes and not even giving me a bite of my lovely Chocolate…won’t you deserve even just a small revenge?”

“Psh, selfish ,” He leans his body on Donghae’s direction while he picks on the brunette’s forehead.

Donghae snarls at him while the other manages to dodge the brunette’s fist aiming at his face—thank god he saw that coming or else he’d be going home again with a damn cursed black eye. “You’re getting it someday from me, selfish number two.” Says Donghae, while a bit of busy plotting an evil avenge with a roll of his eyes.

“I thought you like me?” Hyukjae asks, though sounding not really that interested in the matter he opened. “Aren’t you supposed to be like ‘oh my god he picked my forehead’ ‘oh my gee Lee Hyukjae likes me back because he touched me!’, you know? Do you really like me—wait Donghae, don’t you dare punching me in the ing face again!”

“.”

“I have a gorgeous one,” The blonde winks at him which makes Donghae cringe, like, ew, he doesn't have to be that explicit. “anyway, let me think about everything first, like ‘you know’.” Hyukjae mutters in a low voice, folding arms on his chest as he switches his gaze from Donghae to the ceiling, stupidly expecting for answers to come out.

 

Crickets.

Awkward.

Minds unfocused on the real problem.

Another set of crickets.

Crickets is the word of the day, dammit.

 

“You know, let’s just go to the club”

Donghae crooks his eyebrow while crossing his legs. “How the is going to the club will give us answers?”

 

tumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.gif

 

In Hyukjae’s perspective, getting married is not some typical joke—being tied to the person you’re marrying and spending your whole (hopefully) long life with your picked spouse; seeing that person’s face first for every day you’d be living, that person you’re going to live under the same roof, the one you’re going to spend anniversaries with and that person staying through your ups and downs—it’s not some funny prank, especially when that person needs to be the first in every single time of your life.

Being married means you already found the best.

Donghae is none of that, he’s sure.

Hyukjae knows, he could have said no too, if that is back when Donghae’s petty crush for him is still unknown by his knowledge. Donghae’s feelings had him considering the marriage and such as the word fairness.

He’s an , but not much, really.

Isn’t it just obvious that Donghae declines because he respects Hyukjae’s feelings—that he doesn’t like him back—and that isn’t what he really wants. Saying ‘no’ could have benefited him, but not Donghae.

And so it’s unfair.

However, he’s also aware that saying ‘yes’ will be unfair to his side, but perhaps…he could find some benefit in this marriage? Like slaving Donghae (oh hell not in a ual way)—basically a maid and a nanny to wherever he goes (now who says he’s not much of an ) while at the same time, Donghae is being happy while spending time with him, so instead, the marriage will turn as something they both can take advantage of and maybe he can find the best in that idea; or if something turns wrong, divorce is always outside the door.

Isn’t he some kind of a genius at times like these?

Everyone deserves a chance, right?

But maybe Donghae’s crush for him had faded already because, in Hyukjae’s opinion, he doesn’t look like a person taking a fancy for him; maybe he doesn’t really want this at all?

Usually, he believes from what his friends told him, Hyukjae just spats out all of his secrets when he gets drunk—like when he told Kyuhyun that he wants to have with his y car last year (no really, that bugged him for weeks, creep) and the younger blackmailed him of buying the latest awesome game that’s been out for like a month in exchange for not placing a fabulous headline at the campus’ bulletin board.

And maybe getting Donghae drunk will work too.

As Hyukjae sees the green and pink neon lights display showing the bar’s name and hears the blasting music inside from those gigantic speakers plus the noises from people having fun, he snickers to himself, thinking that maybe, bringing Donghae to a bar and getting him drunk is definitely the best decision he’s ever done.

 

 

“Sorry to disappoint you, primate, but there’s no way in the world I’m going to drink alcohol,” Donghae pursues his lips as he looks at the wide range of drinks in the bar counter while swiveling in his chair. “Having you dragging me here is enough so” – he turns to the bartender and softly gives him a smile – “I’d like to have one Pina Coladas.” The brunette gestures with his hand as the bartender nods at him and gets on making his drink.

Hyukjae throws a small huff, propping his chin on his right palm and staring straight at Donghae’s side profile. “Weak.” He utters.

Donghae glares at the other. “Just because I can’t tolerate alcohol means I’m weak, jerk.”

He goes down his chair and decreases more space between him and the about-to-be-blushing brunette, grabbing his arm. Hyukjae savors the attention Donghae gives him, and so he goes on with his plan; he flutters his eyelashes, dark orbs looking beyond Donghae’s own as if begging, and his plump lips settled in a pout—screw his innocent alibi, Donghae thinks. “Please, Donghae?” The blonde cooes.

Hyukjae sees Donghae looking down his own lap as if having second thoughts, hearing a soft click of a tongue he’s sure is from him while he slyly smiles in his mind. It worked.

“Fine.”

 

I just want your dirty love
All I need is to get in between your sheets

 

“WHOOOOO!” He shouts, standing up in his chair with a complete drunken gaze as he lifts up his Bay Breeze drink – the fourth one he drank ever since that night. Going back not-that-gracefully in his seat, he slams the glass on the bar counter, screaming as if taking his soul out. “I just want your ing, filthy love!”

“Man, calm the down!” Hyukjae’s yell remains audible despite of the loud music ringing beneath their ears.

The night is getting heated, the amount of people expressing their craze on the dance floor rapidly increases, and the smell of alcohol is apparently having them a bit of suffocated.

“NO!” Hyukjae almost face palms at this—all of his fault, after all. “You wanted me to get drunk, now let’s have fuuuun!” Donghae kitty smiles at him with a grab of his arm as the former drags him in the middle and the brunette finally loses it.

He sways his hips, left to right, raising both of his arms and singing (more like roaring) undeniably out of tune to the song playing as he throws an ecstatic face, leaving Hyukjae dumbfounded. What the is seriously happening, enlighten me, please. The blonde who’s too busy of figuring out whether that is really the Lee Donghae—who’s very much secured from outdoor madness—dancing so deliciously in front of him.

 

jesus christ, this is not the time for you to appear!

 

The brunette entangles his right arm on Hyukjae’s neck, while the left goes straight on the latter’s face as he continues on dirty dancing—which is ing his hips on Hyukjae’s ing crotch.

 

This tipsy adult knows that his night is so going to be screwed.

 

When I say it’s going to be screwed—it’s really going to be screwed as , Hyukjae believes in that small theory formed ever since high school in where he predicts whenever Donghae has a plan of making his best day the worst.

It must be really true.

“You’re not Hyukkie! Let me go!” Especially now that he’s dragging a wasted yet struggling brunette by the back of its collar towards the parking lot in where their driver is. They’re in need of getting home as fast as possible with this unfortunate condition—Hyukjae doesn’t even need to continue in doing that damned plan of him, it, it’s the fault of every bad luck that happened to him that night.

“You’re going to molest me! Bring me back to Hyukkie!” Donghae wriggles his shoulders as an attempt to escape from the tight grip of the other’s hand in his collar. “Hyukkie-yah, save me from this ert!”

Hyukjae can only hear himself sighing at the feeling of being hopeless.

 

First of all, Hyukjae realizes, that he should thank that red-head girl for saving him in the approaching trouble—which is having another because of Lee Donghaek—and for keeping him sane that night as well. Darn, Donghae could have been sprawled on his bed in a short moment if it wasn’t for her grabbing Donghae’s attention and dancing together with him.

Really, he’s fine with Donghae being stolen from him and dancing and grinding with some other person, really—totally being an honest kid. It’s okay, to see him sharing everything but space with that girl and all those flirty whispers followed by giggles.

He’s never been that better, ever.

Or maybe it’s not really fine.

Hyukjae grips a little too hard on his beer, raising a curious eyebrow when he sees that big, fat scowl on the other male’s face. There came a huge gap between them (miraculously), as Hyukjae chuckles at the poor girl about to be dumped by just some another man.

However, his laughs come to a halt when Donghae pushes the girl (with all of his confidence, iness and sass combined—that’s one horrible push) roughly on the floor, yelling, “There’s no way I’m going to have with you, woman! I’m engaged, excuse me!”

There’s a loud yell of “How dare you!” and that signals Hyukjae do rush at the source of the ruckus, dragging the drunken male outside, not giving him the chance to turn around and walk properly.

 

“jesus christ, Lee Donghae, I am that the famous Lee Hyukjerk! It’s a shame you can’t recognize me.” Hyukjae exclaims, stomping his feet on the cemented ground while letting go of his hold on Donghae’s collar.

He hears running footsteps coming towards him. On a spur of a moment, Donghae is in front of him, touching his cheeks so gently, as if relishing at the tenderness of his palm touching Hyukjae’s skin and staring at the blonde with round, glimmering eyes. “How can you say to yourself that you’re a jerk? Hyukkie is not a jerk.” Donghae whispers, pouting.

Hyukjae can only bang his head on the thin lamppost, the faint sounds of music and enjoyed screams going unattended by his mind—that may be the last thing he will think of, now that Donghae is just…drunk and strange and the exact opposite of the sane Lee Donghae. “You’re sick.”

“I’m not si—BLAHKK”

 

Wait a minute.

He ing…vomited…holy .

On my ing three-hundred-thousand-won worth of shirt.

 

“I swear to god you don’t even know anything better than ruining my expensive clothes.” He utters in complete frustration, hands currently massaging the sides of his forehead as he rolls his eyes.

 

It results to Hyukjae leaving Donghae on the empty space of the parking lot; the brunette having a coughing fit while chasing the blonde.

“Hyukkie, wait for me!”

 

Hyukjae ends up waiting for him anyway.

 

tumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46tnsSOT1qdlkyg.giftumblr_mc46vvplUr1qdlkyg.gif

 

“Hyukkie.”

“Oh?”

“Did you know that I have a picture on our family photo album?”

“Oh.”

“Hyukkie.”

“Hyukkie, did you know that I liked you ever since our first year in high school?”

“Yeah, I know.”

“You’re so hot when you  get angry at me but also cute whenever I always won the argument.”

“Ohh…I didn’t thought—“

“And you’re so handsome when you’re so focused in writing notes.”

“You know, I have a dog named Bada and Yuki; Yuki’s name sounds exactly like my nickname for you!”

“Bada is on my hyung’s apartment though…I miss him…”

“Hyukkie…thank you for piggy-backing me. I’ll never forget this.”

“Oh Hyukkie, if I ever pass out, just bring me to my dorm instead. Mom’s going to nag me again if I’m sent home. I hate it when she’s nagging.”

“Mom’s voice can break your ears.”

“But she makes the beeeest tacos ever!”

“You know…ahh I’m saying lots of ‘you knows’...anyway, I heard a rumor about this Kim Kibum, from Literature Department, having a crush on me.”

“Sungmin showed me his photos. He’s handsome…and it wouldn’t be bad going out with him if he ever asks me out but…I’m engaged.”

“Oh, Hyukkie!”

“Hyukkie, what do you think of our engagement?”

“Well, Donghae, what do you think about it?”

“I don’t like the idea of us getting married…actually.”

“Oh…”

“I love it.”

And Donghae blacks out.

 

Somehow, his plan worked.

 


this is y smh but i want to update so here you go !!^^ Oh and this reached 500 subs so HOORAY!!!! Thank you for the support <3 please do comment and...i'm kind of bored to twitter nowadays so talk to me if you'd like (i don't bite (at first))

-Author-who's-greedy-for-comments ^^