Final

The Friendly Neighbour [ONESHOT]

 

On the outside, they looked like a perfect, happy couple. Nothing seemed to be wrong, and they had just moved into their dream house together, Zitao was more than excited. It was only him at this point – Kris was coming later with his stuff – and he was currently unpacking the boxes from his car. Bending over to pick up the next box, he suddenly heard someone wolf whistle behind him.

Instantly standing back up, with red cheeks, Zitao turned around and was met with another boy who was grinning at him. Zitao sighed.

“Can I help you?” he asked, hoping that he hadn’t just moved into a street full of erts.

“Just moving in?” the boy asked, and he must’ve been only a few months than Zitao.

“Yeah I am. Do you live around here?” Zitao asked, hoping it was a no, but the other nodded.

“I do, a couple of blocks away.” He explained, moving closer before putting out his hand. “My name is Jongin but call me Kai. You are?” Zitao could see Jongin’s eyes roam all over his body.

“Zitao. My boyfriend is coming later.” Zitao made sure that the other knew he was taken.

“Oh goody. Well, I’ll leave you and those god forsaken shorts alone for now, but if you ever need me… here’s my address and number.” He grinned before handing the other a card and walking away. Zitao bit his lip before looking down at the shorts he was currently wearing. Okay, they were a little short, but it was roasting!

Ignoring the card and placing it in his pocket, he carried on.

Usually things would only get better when you and your lover finally get a place together. And Zitao had always thought that it would. But from then on, he and Kris only fought. And he was pretty sure it was mostly the oldest starting them for the randomnest reasons. Or small and insignificant ones, like now.

After two months, Kris finally found a certain card with a certain someone’s phone number and address on it, and was currently shouting at his boyfriend for having it.

“ing picking up guys when I’m not there?!” Kris shouting, throwing the card at Zitao’s emotionless face. The boy hated that Kris was always so insecure about himself.

“It was when I was moving Yifan, only a neighbour.” At times like these, Zitao kept his voice low and calm, he didn’t want to argue or set Kris off even more than necessary.

“Have you ever called him?!” The blonde shouted, and Zitao’s eyes widened in disbelief.

“If you’re wondering if I’ve ever cheated on you, its no. And it will always be no.” There were stray tears falling down his face because he couldn’t honestly take this accusing all the time. Kris watched as his younger boyfriend stood and cried on the spot.

And just like every other time this happened, he rushed forward and hugged Zitao, letting him cry on his shoulder and chest. Just like before, he slowly tugged on the boy’s waist, and lifted him up, carrying him sweetly to the bedroom where he’d place Zitao down softly on the bed and begin kissing him passionately.

The arguments eventually stopped, but so did a lot of other things.

Kris hardly came home from work, and when he did, there was no hello kisses, or before bed. Not even a hug or an acknowledgment. The oldest was always ‘too tired’ for any of these things.

Zitao felt continuously rejected, but he didn’t want to say anything. He had to help keep up appearances, and he didn’t want to burden Yifan even more.

Sometimes, however, Kris would come home angry because a deal had went astray or he’d lost a client. On those nights, they did have . Rough and hard. Kris would pound deeply into Zitao without any thought that he was hurting until he would come hard inside. Then he would get off and just go straight to sleep. The younger was left with a painful , and a -filled sore .

Showers were his best friends at this point. The stopped being pleasurable, and soon enough he was only a toy. Kris didn’t care anymore.

Sometimes, he liked to pretend Kris still loved him, because to everyone else, he did.

But at one point even Zitao couldn’t stay anymore.

The door was harshly pushed open, hitting off the opposite wall, causing Zitao – who sat on the couch in the dark – flinch and whisk his head around to the sound. Expecting one tall blonde, he was astonished when instead he got two. What was even worse was the Zitao knew the other blonde that was currently his boyfriend’s tongue and lips.

Zitao guessed that Kris must’ve forgotten that he’d get home early. Or maybe he knew he was there.

Zitao was going to stay silent a little longer, if only Kris hadn’t let out a moan so sinful it surprised him, because, Zitao had never heard him sound so pleasure before when he was with him. Standing up, he cleared his throat and tried to keep his eyes on the two men making out.

“Yifan.” One worse, just one word caused them to freeze. Kris turned his head in fear, and his eyes widened at the sight of Zitao there. And as soon as their eyes locked, Zitao couldn’t bear to stay there anymore. Quickly running past them, ignoring the calls of his name, and ran outside into the pouring rain. He needed to get somewhere safe, and fast.

Instantly an address he had memorised appeared in his brain and his legs started moving quickly, until within a couple of minutes he was standing at an unfamiliar door.

Knocking, he waited until the owner opened the door in surprise.

“Zitao?!” Jongin questioned, the sight of the very wet and young boy startling him. He instantly grabbed onto the boy’s wet t-shirt and dragged him inside. The boy was visibly shaking but his face held no emotion Jongin brought him into the living room and sat him on the couch before running into the bathroom to grab a towel.

When he got back, he instantly threw the towel over Zitao’s head and lightly began rubbing his hair dry. Jongin knelt in front of him and looked at Zitao’s face. The one thing that surprised him was the fact he could still see water pouring down his cheeks.

He was crying.

Bringing the towel down, he lightly dried Zitao’s hands and then his arms until he got to his face. It was time for the ultimate question.

“What happened?” Kai questioned, and finally the boy looked back at him. And surprisingly he replied.

“Kris cheated on me.” He said nice and clear. Jongin bit his lip and grabbed a hold of Zitao’s hands, massaging them slowly.

“Okay, okay. Come on, let’s get you out of these wet clothes.” Kai explained whilst pulling the boy up and dragging him into his bedroom. Zitao just stood there silently as Kai sought out new clothes. “Here, put these on.” Jongin handed an oversized shirt and a pair of shorts to the other before leaving. Shutting the door, he couldn’t help but feel the need to walk over to Zitao’s house and give his boyfriend a piece of his mind.

But that would be inappropriate considering they hardly knew each other.

When five minutes passed, Zitao still wasn’t out so Jongin decided to go and see if he was alright. When he walked in, he saw that Zitao had changed – and he looked very y with his legs exposed – but was now sitting on the edge of the double bed, his head hanging down.

“Zitao?” Jongin muttered before moving over to him and kneeling down in front of him again. Zitao was still crying. “Let’s go and wash your face. “ He said, standing up and pulling Zitao with him before pulling him to the bathroom. Luckily, Zitao washed his face as told while Jongin took a good look at him.

The boy’s creamy legs were on show, and because the shirt seemed to go past the shorts, it looked like he was only wearing the shirt. Zitao looked really y in Kai’s clothes, but he had to remind himself that the other was in a messed up situation and should not be taken advantage of. When Zitao was finished, Jongin instantly grabbed onto the boy’s wrist and softly pulled him back into the bedroom where he sat him down and his lips, trying to think of what to say.

What do you say to someone whose lover cheated on them?

Hell if Jongin knew.

“Zitao, you’ll be alright.” Let’s just start with that.

The boy looked up at him and then tried his best to put on a smile, but it came out looking rather ugly, but Kai wasn’t going to tell him that. Not now anyway.

“Thank you Jongin. R-Really.” He stuttered, but Kai could tell that he was trying his best not to cry again. It was pretty admirable.

Suddenly the silence was interrupted by a phone ringing, and Kai knew that it wasn’t his. So it was Zitao’s.

The boy’s eyes widened as he heard the phone ringing.

Kai immediately went over to where he had put Zitao’s things and he picked up the vibrating mobile phone before walking back over.

“Do you want to answer it?” he asked, but he already knew the answer, so when Tao instantly shook his head he nodded and simply put the phone down, just waiting for it to ring itself out.

But then the caller tried a second time.

And a third.

And it started to get really awkward after five minutes.

Suddenly Zitao stood up, his face emotionless again as he rushed over to his phone and tore the battery out of the back of it and threw it on the ground, making Kai flinch at the sudden aggressive action.

When the older noticed this, he sighed.

“Sorry Kai.” He whispered, but the other shook his head.

“No! Don’t worry about it. Let your anger out.” Kai nodded, smiling to try and cheer the other up. Tao stared at him and gave a small smile. Jongin sighed in relief that the other didn’t look like he was about to burst into tears at any moment (now he looked ready to kick a wall) and sat on his bed, clasping his hands together as he looked at Zitao.

There was silence between them as their eyes locked, until Zitao went and sat beside him too.

“Kai, do you have a boyfriend?” Zitao asked, keeping his eyes locked to the floor.

The other was generally surprised at the question, but as long as he was trying to start conversation, it was good enough for him.

“No I don’t.” Kai replied simply, and Zitao looked up at him.

“Are you a ?”

Woah, that got from innocent to ual in a very short time.

Kai chuckled nervously before turning to him and looking at him confusedly.

“I am not, why do you ask?” he wondered, and Zitao locked eyes with him, and Kai could swear that the other was looking at him seductively. Or maybe his ually active and mind was playing with him.

Remember Kai. Vulnerable, not inviting.

“Good.” Was all Zitao said; before he suddenly leaned closer to his neighbour until their breaths were co-mingling and Kai’s eyes were getting wider and wider.

See, this wasn’t good for his hormones. At all.

Suddenly Zitao moved backwards, biting his lip and he looked very apologetic.

“S-Sorry… I didn’t mean to. It’s just… everything is so messed up right now.” He explained, and Kai only nodded, trying to hide the fact that he was a little disappointed at the moment.

“Don’t worry about it. I’m here for you.” Kai mentioned, and Tao smiled, but it was a sad one.

“I think, you’re the nicest person I’ve ever met.” He whispered; his eyes directing at the floor once again.

Okay, Kai was getting emotional now too. And all he wanted was to make Zitao feel better. And there was one way he knew how to do it, and he hoped his instincts were right and that Zitao wouldn’t push him away, and just let him calm him down, relax him, and pleasure him.

Standing up, he took a deep breath and clenched his fists together before standing in front of Zitao and speaking.

“Zitao, let me.” Was all he said, and even though Zitao was confused at the choice of words, he didn’t say a thing as he watched Jongin move forward; closer and closer until he felt the other’s knee hitch up on the edge of the bed beside his waist, and a pair of lips pushing against his own so softly, that he could hardly remember Kris kissing him like that.

When Zitao weakly kissed him back, Kai took this as an okay to advance forward, so he put his other knee on the other side of Zitao’s waist and slowly pushed the boy down, so that he was able to straddle him easily enough as they kissed.

He felt Zitao’s hands moving up to clutch at his waist before Kai tilted his head a little to deepen the kiss, and their mouths moved more hungrily against each other. Jongin was a little scared on how fast Tao was willing to let him go, but for now, he’d just move along comfortably and slowly, just in case. Slowly pushing his tongue against Zitao’s bottom lip, he lightly swiped it along it before ing it into his mouth, pressing against Zitao’s dormant one before he started to battle with it.

Zitao let out a small muffled moan as he let the other dominate in the kiss; the feeling was alien to him after all this time, and he felt as though he wanted to kiss Jongin for a very long time.

Jongin let his hands roam down Zitao’s sides carefully, not scaring him by moving too fast, but when he felt the older’s hands move up his shirt at the back, he realised that that was definitely an invitation for him to move even further. Whilst he was trying to ignore the cold fingers trailing up his spine; he also pushed his hands underneath Zitao’s t-shirt and traced the light prominent abs.

As their tongues now seemed to dance with each other, Kai took a big chance and rolled his hips against the others once, waiting to see the reaction that Zitao would have. And when a mewl left his mouth along with another pair of hips rising to meet his, it was definitely okay to carry on like this.

Moving his hips again; he removed his lips from Zitao’s and began trailing down to his neck before he lightly kissed the pale skin.

Zitao groaned and moved his hips against Kai’s, their crotches rubbing together in delicious friction that made him want to moan out loud – and he would have if he didn’t have pride, although that probably didn’t mean anything just now. He felt the other’s teeth lightly nip his neck; on the skin he caught and creating a small hickey by how it felt.

Zitao’s eyes were now clamped shut as Kai continued to roll his hips and provide him with multiple hickeys all over his neck, and along with the younger’s hands roaming over his body, it was an amazing feeling. He remembered that Kris used to do this, but it never lasted long. Kris was never into when they were getting along; or when they weren’t.

Kai’s soft hands felt nice and relaxing against his skin, it was a change, and he didn’t want to move.

But when he felt the other’s hands move away from his stomach and go down to a much a private place; he suddenly felt the urge to just push the other away.

Which he did, startling Jongin.

Jongin was now suddenly standing up, watching as Zitao cradled his face in his own hands.

“Is everything okay?” Kai asked, more worried than offended really, because Zitao was still going through so much at the moment. The older boy let out a loud sigh before he actually replied.

“Sorry… It’s just… I’m thinking about Kris.”

When those words left his mouth, Jongin’s face instantly fell.

So he was still thinking of his boyfriend/ex-boyfriend?

That .

“Oh…” he whispered, and Zitao looked up at him with a surprised emotion on his face.

“No Kai, I didn’t mean it like that.” He quickly reacted, and Jongin just looked plain confused now.

“What are you talking about Zitao? Be clear.” The young boy said, and Zitao nodded before replying.

“Kai, Kris hurt me. My mind is filled with hurt. And I don’t want to do anything with you when I still feel like this. I want to be with you when it’s you and only you on my mind.”

After he explained; Kai’s eyes widened.

Did he really just say that to him?

“Oh… well then that’s just fine.” Kai said, smiling secretly to himself. Zitao chuckled at his expression before standing up and pecking him on the lips again.

“But I really wouldn’t mind somewhere to stay tonight, I don’t fancy going back there.” He looked nervous as if Jongin would actually say no to his request. Like that would happen.

Jongin laughed and nodded.

“Of course you can stay here Zitao.” He explained, and they both grinned at each other.

Soon enough, they were both in Jongin’s large bed snuggling together without doing anything else because Jongin was going to abide by Zitao’s rules and not doing anything for now. Besides, just having the boy in his arm was enough.

Damn, if any of his friends saw him acting this goddamn cheesy over a guy he had only met once they would rip into him so bad.

But hey, Zitao was y.

Enough said.

Soon enough, daylight shone through the curtains and it hit Zitao’s face directly.

loudly, he got up and stretched his arms above his head.

Surprisingly he didn’t have any dreams last night.

Thank god, he really didn’t want to think about his cheating boyfriend at the moment. Looking at the floor, he noticed his phone battery was still lying on the floor, and curiosity set over him so he got up and reached for it, placing it in his phone that was lying beside it.

When it was , he noticed that he had a lot of missed calls and texts.

Was he going to read any of them?

No.

Deleting them all, he got up on his feet again; and looked around. Jongin wasn’t there, which was kind of sad because he really needed to thank him somehow. He had no idea how he could express his gratitude towards him for what he had done for him last night. Zitao probably couldn’t have gotten through it without that kind of support.

And the kissing was great too.

Moving out of the room, he saw that Jongin was currently sitting at the kitchen table, reading a magazine or something. Clearing his throat to making his presence known, Kai instantly turned around with a kind morning smile before motioning for him to sit down beside him. As the older sat down, Kai greeted first.

“Have a nice sleep?” he asked, and Zitao could tell the other hadn’t been up for long considering his voice was still a little croaky.

“Yes actually. Kai, I don’t know what to do to thank you.” Zitao said, and the other only grinned.

“Actually, I have an idea.” He whispered, and Zitao raised an eyebrow in suspicious.

“Oh? What is it?” he wondered, hoping that it wasn’t something completely sadistic or something even closely related to that. Jongin bit his lip and smirked before leaning over the table and moved his face close to Zitao’s. Just as he was about to speak, there was someone knocking at Jongin’s front door.

“Goddamn it.” He swore before apologising silently and moving to the front door. When he opened it; he frowned when he saw who it was. Never having meeting the guy personally, he had seen him around the street a couple of times, and he knew exactly who it was. “Can I help you?” he asked, and Kris looked pissed.

“Let me see Zitao.” The blonde ordered, his eyes furrowed in anger.

“Why?” Kai simply said; not even denying the fact that he was here. Kris groaned before ignoring Kai.

“Zitao!” he shouted into the house, and Jongin resisted the urge to hurt him so bad.

Especially when the other boy in his house came running to the door.

When Zitao saw who it was, his eyes widened and he stopped a couple of steps away from his boyfriend.

“Zitao, finally. I’ve been looking everywhere.” Kris explained, pushing past Kai and moving to the younger boy. “Baby, come home.” He whispered, and Zitao just stared into his eyes.

This was the time Kai really hoped that Zitao wasn’t passive.

Or, wasn’t going to be passive.

Zitao stared into Kris’s eyes and sighed.

“Okay.” He whispered, and Kris grinned while Jongin looked at him in complete and utter surprise. Seriously?

“Oh thank god.” The blonde replied, about to throw his arms around his boyfriend before Zitao put up both of his hands to stop him immediately and speaking clearly.

“Kris, I meant that I’ll come over to get my stuff.”

Both Kris and Jongin said ‘huh’ in unison.

“What are you talking about?” Yifan asked, looking terribly confused.

“I’m leaving you. I’ve had enough.”

Jongin kept in his squeals.

Kris shook his head in disbelief.

“W…What?” he asked and Zitao sighed. He bit his lip and hoped that he sounded more confident than he felt. This was scaring him; but he had to make a stand, even if he didn’t have anywhere to go if he moved out. Zitao would just have to hope for a miracle.

“I’ll come over later, for now, I was in the middle of a conversation.”

The look on Yifan’s face was one he’d never forget as he left, and soon enough Zitao and Jongin were alone again. There was silence until Zitao remembered something.

“Oh! What did you want me to do to thank you?” he asked; and Jongin grinned as he remembered what he was going to say.

And it was at the perfect time to.

“Move in with me.”

Zitao’s face dropped.

“What?” he asked, and Jongin laughed.

“Please? That’s all I want.”

Zitao gulped.

Well… he didn’t have any place to go. And Kai was offering his place up.

May as well.

“Okay. Just… don’t try anything for now okay?” he said, and Jongin put up his right hand and grinned.

“I swear not to touch you unless you touch me first.”

Zitao just shook his head and laughed.

“Whatever ert.”