Duty

A matter of Life and Death

 

 
YiFan despised himself, he loathed his responsibilities and hated with all his might his decisions and emotions.
 
He was the worst of worst.
 
As he paced back and fort on a forest, he growled and kicked flowers; beautiful flowers. 
 
It is true that after his 'little encounter' with ZiTao, less reapers seemed to be doing the other's job. And that should please him because it was his job to take lives--reapers were just a little help.
 
But he couldn't feel at ease, not after what he had done. Since when did he become as cruel as a heartless bastard? Well, that went wrong. ZiTao was heartless yet he was able to feel.
 
YiFan sighed and threw himself on the grass, once again he was thinking of the entity. He shouldn't do that. It was wrong. 
 
It was unprofessional.
 
It... They were just excuses. Stupid excuses to reassure himself that he had no interest in his creation. He would call him his protégé but he abandoned him, he took away his emotions slowly by not being in contact. He was an horrible mentor, and why was it? 
 
He wanted to punch himself, but only shouted and kicked his feet to the ground; to show how upset he was. Not that anybody could see him.
 
It was all because he can't bear not being in control; an emotional entity wasn't predictable at all. 
 
He sighed, he didn't understand himself anymore. 
 
He should adore his 'job'.
 
He should be happy to have Death working at full capacity.
 
He should be proud of himself, making the balance of entities and the world to function correctly. 
 
He 'should be',
 
...so many should be's and he wasn't part of them.
 
He was upset, guilty and with a lot of remorse. He was feeling that.
 
To be able to feel; the thing he ripped out of Death.
 
The most precious thing he took away from his ZiTao.
 
He wanted him back, he didn't want a perfect empty body. He didn't want Death.
 
He wanted his precious boy.
 
But somethings are not meant to be, just like the ability to feel of the other entity.
 
He stood up with a heavy heart and a lump on his throat, going back to his throne trough a portal of light.
 
How sad.
 

So, this is over now. Wow