Chapter 4

The Dare

Play the music while reading this Chapter ~

 

 

 

" Leave now " She hissed

I didn't need to be told again.

Racing past her, I rushed to the front door pulling at the doorknob as sobs raked my chest. It wouldn't open. I pounded it with my fist, not caring they were bleeding; I just need to get out.

The glass panes in the door refused to shatter. I smashed it with the fire poker and my arm ripped in pain. Grasping my arm I look at the glass, panting heavily.

Not even a mark n the glass. 

Spinning around I raced back into the living room. The front window should break. The girl still stood there, her eyes following me sadly through that long red hair. I hit the front window and cried in pain and despair.

Nothing again.

" It's too late " she said softly

" What do you mean ? " i demanded hysterically 

" He knows your here. Once He knows your here, that's it.  There is no escape "

" Please " I whispered " Help me! "

I was begging a ghost for help. What could she possibly do ?

Suddenly my eyes flashed and I squinted into the light.

The lights were on.

The girl look at me, nothing but fear in her eyes.

" Hide " She whispered. Then she vanished.

" No ! Don't leave me ! " I screamed. Tears blurred my vision, this wasn't okay anymore. If this was Taeyon's way of getting me admit I was scared, she was going about it a really cruel way.

" That's enough ! " I shouted " Let me out "

I froze hearing as a haunting noise sounded from behind me.

The piano. Someone was playing the piano.

I didn't want to turn around. I was hyperventilating, the poker in my hands trembling violently.

Turn Around ! 

" No no no " I chanted through the sobs.

Slowly turning I held the fire poker at the ready. I felt my breath whoosh from the lungs.

There was no one there. The piano was still playing.

Slowly I walked around the piano, to see the chair. There had to be someone there. I don't know what terrified me more, the thought of someone sitting there or no one sitting there at all. Finally walking around, I felt a scream lodge in my throat, cutting off the air to my lungs.

No one was there.

The Keys moved on their own, no longer brown. Glistening in the moonlight, they sparkled red, blood dripping from the keys, splashing as the droplets hit the floor. I remembered my biology teacher mentioning that blood turned brown as it age.

The keys had been brown.

Oh my God !

"Hide ! " A cold voice hissed in my ear.

The rationale part of my brain broke through the fear.Do what she says; she knows what's going to happen. For the first time that night I listened to my brain. Not thinking where I was going, I rushed from the room. Stumbling I came into the kitchen. The lights were on but everything was similar to the living room. Covered with dirt and dust. Broken and worn.

Where to hide ?

Creak

I froze as the stairs creaked. They continue to creak and And a sob broke through my chest.

There was someone walking down the stairs.

A kitchen cupboard lay open. Desperate I quickly wormed my way in, thanking my parents and their small genes. Shutting the door quietly I was pitched back into the darkness and I waited. Focusing on calming my breathing, body trembling I hears footsteps enter the kitchen.

The piano was still playing that haunting tune. 

It faded into the background though until all I could here was the thing in the room with me. Heavy breathing filled the kitchen, the sounds of foot steps walking softly across the floor. They started getting louder and louder until they stopped. The breathing got heavier and a soft sigh made me shove my fist in my mouth; tears streamed down my cheeks.

" I know your in here " The voice whispered softly " Come out and dance with me "

My Body clenched. Fist still in my mouth I tasted blood but couldn't release my grip. If I moved he would find me. My heart pounded loudly in my chest and all I could think was he was going to hear it.

The footsteps faded away, and soon there was nothing but the sound of the piano on my ears.

Don't move, my mind screamed.

My body was cramping from the small space but I didn't care. I had to endure...

Releasing a breath I didn't realize I was holding, the air whoosed from my nose shakily. My body began to relax and the tempo of my heart decreased.

Only the piano could be heard.

Eyes wet with tears, i slowly moved my fist from my mouth letting out a small gasp. Carefully I burried my head in my arms, hating everything I could think of.

Then I heard it.

A soft sigh.

The cupboard door tore off its hinges and hands grabbed me. Screaming, I fought against him but it was no use. He was incredibly strong. I refused to go down without a fight.

" Help ! " I screamed, as I looked into the eyes of a monster. The whites of his eyes was a dark vein yellow. His hair mutted in clumps around his neck..

Breathing through his mouth, his teeth were blackened; I gaggled against the smell of his breath. His skin was sunken, covered in dirt and other awful unmentionable things. He leaned close and I didn't know if I was going to scream or vomit.

" Dance with me " He breathed into my face

Closing my eyes I swung the poker at him, screaming ' NO ! "

Pain flattered in my bottom and I opened my eyes. I was on the floor. Looking Up I raised the poker in front of me, another scream tearing through my throat.

He was gone.

The lights vanished and the piano stopped playing.


Chapter 4 updated.

Sorry for the long wait.

Since summer is starting i'll try to updat more often :)