Who am I?

A Thousand White Roses

 

firstly, i would like to say sorry to -SoneAndElf- for the late update :( i've promised to update this fanfiction last week but something was wrong with the connection. i'm so sorry >.< as my apology, I make this one a little longer than the previous chapter. hope you guys like it~~ ^o^


 

Author POV

The surgery was taking a quite long time. Sunny was then lying on the bed with her face bandaged. It had been 3 week since her surgery. That day was the day to unfold the bandage. And she couldn’t be any happier.

“mom, hurry get the nurse to cuts this bandage. It’s 9 already and yet she’s not here. I can’t wait to see my face again.” Sunny said with sparkling eyes. Her mom smiled before took the phone near to her bed and asked a nurse to come over.

Not long after, a nurse came. She checked on Sunny first before cutting the bandage. When the last roll was going to be opened, Sunny’s heart was pounding like crazy. She was wondered if her face would be the same or even got better than before.

“open your eyes.” The nurse asked her. Slowly but sure, Sunny opened her eyelids to saw a smiling nurse and her mom smiling also. She handed Sunny a mirror.

“oh.my.god. this is not my face … “ Sunny said in a straight tone. Her mom was aware that Sunny didn’t like her new face. She admitted that this face was a little bit different from her old one. But she also admitted it that her daughter was getting prettier.

“honey … I’m so sorry … I …”

“why are you saying sorry, mom? There’s nothing to be forgiven.” Sunny put down the mirror and just then her mother knew she was smiling from ear to ear.

“I love this mom! I like this face. It’s even better than my old one.” Her mother sighed in relieve. She felt happy because her only daughter had gotten a new face and even a better one. She didn’t have a heart to see her daughter all gloomy and got bullied at school just because her face.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=--=---=-=-=-

It was 2 in the morning when Sunny awoke from her sleep. She was sleeping for almost 12 hour so she felt her body needed some stretch. She looked around to find none since her mother already went home while she needed to stay in the hospital for 2 days more for recovery. She had an idea to walk around the hospital. So she took her pink coat and shrugged it on before stepping out from her room.

“what can I see inside this hospital building? Haish, so boring.” She walked with her bored face. She kept walking and walking, didn’t really know where she was heading to. Once she stopped when she saw a garden. There were plenty of flowers and there was a big tree far there. She came closer to the tree because she saw something strange. Once she was close enough, she couldn’t help but being amazed with the view. Tons of roses were hanging beautifully on the big tree. The glow of the moon made it looked even more breathtaking.

“it’s so beautiful.” She whispered. She didn’t realize the man who was standing in front of the tree, now turning his head to see Sunny. The man smiled widely before ran to her. With his tears streamed down his face, the man whispered.

“Sunkyu~ I miss you so badly … “ Sunny who was taken aback with the situation kept silent. She still managed to digest all the things before pulled out from the suffocating hug.

“S .. Sunkyu? Sorry, I guess you’ve mistaken someone.” The guy hesitantly inched away from her, staring at her in confusion.

“don’t joke out like this, baby. It’s really not funny.” He held her hands tightly like he never wanted to let her go.

“really, I’m not Sunkyu. And I don’t know why you hugged me a moment ago.” Sunny felt a bit scared with the guy. Who knew if he was a or a kidnapper. Or even worse, a mental ill patient.

Yesung POV

She’s Sunkyu, it’s impossible I’m wrong. I’ve finished the thousand flowers, just like what she said before she died. She looks like the first time I saw her. She really is the true definition of beauty.

“you promised me that you’ll be here if I hang these thousand flowers on this tree. I just finished it, and then you came.” I take her right hand and hold it in mine warmly until she pulls her hand away.

“no … I’m sorry but I’m not Sunkyu. It’s just the beautiful view of this flowered tree took me here.” her words hurt me, a little. But still, it hurts.

“what’s your name then?”

“I don’t give my information to strangers.” She turns on her heels and walks away, leaving me here dumbfounded.

“she must be Sunkyu. Or maybe, she’s someone that Sunkyu has sent to me,” I nod my head, agree with my thought, “just wait. I’ll see you again soon.”

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

“Dr. Kim, there’s a patient who needs to be checked before she can check out.” I nod at the nurse and take the files from her. I walk to the room 142 silently. Along the walk, my mind still hazed with Sunkyu, or a girl looks like her. Actually I’ve been thinking about her all night long. I’m pretty sure with my mind that she was there to replace Sunkyu, for me. Though I have to investigate it first to know more about her.

While getting into the lift, I read the file of my patient. Name Sunny, age 17, nationality America. Wow, she must be a foreigner but I don’t remember I’ve treated any foreign patient. Maybe she’s a mix blood, I think.

Sunny POV

I’m now preparing my stuff, get them inside the bag, ready to charge out of this hell called hospital. Really, I can’t stand any longer to stay here. Other than I can’t do whatever I want and just lie down on the bed, I’m also freaked out with the doctor last night. Actually I should be charged out next week but I plead the nurse to let me go home today. She finally let me but still, I have to get the doctor permission first. He’s going to check me whether I’m fully recovered or not. And now … WHERE THE HELL IS THAT DOCTOR?!

“Are you ready honey?” mom shocks me with his sudden appearance from the door. I nod my head quietly.

“Yeah. I just need the doctor to check me up once again.” I smile at her and sit down on the bed. Mom inches closer to me.

“Are you ready for school tomorrow, honey? Or you want me to charge you into another school?” she asks me while caressing my hair softly. Ah, I always love it when my mom caresses my hair like this. So calming and heart warming.

“I’ll be fine mom. You don’t have to do that. I’ll just go my school no matter what.” I pull her in for a hug. “I hope Himchan didn’t spread rumours about me.” I whisper with doubt. Himchan. Speaking of him, I really miss him. So much, I could say. Though he’d hurt me so badly with his words and broke up, I can’t but still falling for him. I know he’s not a good guy. He’d cheated on me several times before but I keep on forgiving him in the end. He’s not that smart but great in playing instrument. That’s why I love him.

The sound of the door being opened distract me from my thought. I pull out of my mom’s embrace to see a doctor standing on the doorway. No! Not that doctor again! Is he the one who was doing my surgery??

He stiffs there, standing without blinking and straight face. I can tell that he’s shocked as well.

“Ah, Dr. Kim.” My mom greets him, finally wakes him up. He walks up to me without even breaking the stare. He stops when he is close enough with my bed.

“I’ll wait outside.” Mom says without getting any answer from him and disappears through the door. After the door closed, he stops his icy stare and checks something on his file.

“So… your name is Sunny. Hmm.. that’s a beautiful name.” he murmurs loud enough for me to hear. Is he complimenting me? I have no idea what his motive is. “Sunny means bright and cheerful. I think that name doesn’t suit you since you’re quite the opposite.” He continues while checking my record. Still not looking at me. is he insane? He just complimenting me then throws me down right after.

“Without even asking you, I can get your personal information easily.” He shakes his file while smiling creepily. Now I’m sure he’s a real stalker.

“What do you want actually? I’ve never done anything wrong to you.” I state bluntly. He looks at me and inches closer to my face about few centimetres away. I reflectively back away.

“Wha—“ I’m about to complaint until he keeps me still, holding my shoulder. We stare at each other’s eyes for a few mere seconds. Actually it’s more like he’s observing me closely.

“Good. Seems like your face is fine. No sign of allergy or anything.” He says and pulls away, starts to write on his file. Darn! That was close! My heart still beating rapidly even now. This strange ajussi is really annoying! I thought he was trying to do something like me. It doesn’t mean that I want to be by him –never- it was just my thought after all.

“Don’t be dazed like that, I know I’m good looking.” He says with a grin. I shake my head and realize I’ve been staring at him for a quiet while. Damn! I’m caught staring at his flawless face!

“Don’t be so full of yourself like that. I was just thinking about something and accidentally my eyes fell on you.” I roll my eyes. He stops writing and looks up at me.

“Your eyes fell on me? Does it means that you’re finally falling for me?” he shows me that disgusting innocent face. I face palm myself.

“you’re sick.” I get off the bed and move to my bag to pack some other stuffs. “If you’re done, you can leave now. Oh, and don’t forget my pass to leave this hospital.”

Silence. I don’t think I hear the door opened on closed. I hear footsteps behind me. He must have left by now. I sigh in relieve and turn back. Right then, I swear if I have a heart disease, I would be died by now.

“Ya~! Why don’t you leave?!” I scold him. He smiles and sticks a paper on my forehead.

“That’s your medication for healing and treating your face. You’re not be able to get direct sunlight for 14 days. Use mask or sunglasses every time you go outside. And don’t forget to get back here for your check up once a week. Arachi?” he messes my hair and walks to the door, leaving me all red faced.

It’s just 2 seconds he’s been outside my hospital room before he pokes his head inside. “Oh, and see you later. Soon.” He leaves –for real- with a smile. Aigoo! I feel so embarrassed! I’m sure my face must be as red as tomato. Aish, eotokhae?? I don’t want to meet him again. Not after I find him teasing me and making me embarrassing myself!

“Honey! We’re ready to go home!” mom gets in cheerfully and stops when she sees my face. “Oh my God, honey! What’s wrong with your face?” she asks with concern. Ah, now I’m sure my face must be red.

“It must be irritation! You can’t leave the hospital yet then. You need to be healed fully!”

“Mom! I’m fine. It’s just … the doctor said it’s fine as long as I’m not getting direct sunlight.” I make an excuse. Mom seems to buy it since she nods her head and walks up to me.

“Okay then. Let’s go home!”