Chapter 24

can the pain be cured?

Wooyoung was getting ready to go home when he hears Chansung voices calling him.

“Udong, come here for a while.” Chansung said. Wooyoung walks to the front of the bakery and see Junho and Nichkhun sitting there with Chansung.

“When did all of you come?” Wooyoung asks shocked. He must be really engross in his work that he doesn’t realize about them at all.

“It’s been a while Wooyoung.” Nichkhun answer while smiling. He’s happy how everything seems like it has returning to normal.

“Wooyoung, I’ve been wondering, do you like to follow us to a club.” Junho asks suddenly. Wooyoung look at Junho clearly shocks and then eyeing Chansung suspiciously. Chansung just shrugged it off.

“Why a club?” Wooyoung asks confuse.

“Channie said that you’re a good dancer. I’m hoping to see you dance. Nichkhun would love to see you dance too. Is it right Khun?” Junho asks while smirking. Nichkhun feels that his face start heating up.

“What are you doing?” Nichkhun mouth the words toward Junho. Junho just smirk evilly. Wooyoung stare at Chansung like he wants to kill him. Chansung looks at him guiltily.

“I’ll explain.” Chansung mouth him the words silently. Wooyoung just rolls his eyes.

“I don’t remember the last time I dance. I might forget some of the step.” Wooyoung said weakly trying to get out from the situation. Truth to be told, he likes dancing. Hell, he loves it. But dancing makes him remember the memories he doesn’t want to.

“Don’t worry, we’ll dance with you. Me and Channie are pretty good dancers. Well I don’t know about Khun, but he’ll get by.” Junho glance at Nichkhun direction before continue…

“…besides, Khun will treat us to a VIP seats, so it’ll be just us.” Junho explains the details properly to Wooyoung.

“…but I don’t really drink…I can’t even handle one glass of alcohol.” Wooyoung said again trying to gives excuse not to go.

“You don’t have to drink, since its VIP seats; we can order some juice and maybe some ice creams…” Junho said trying to catch Wooyoung interest. Junho knows about Wooyoung weakness. Wooyoung’s eyes gleams at the words ice cream.

“You’re good, Nuneo.” Chansung thought to himself.

“But…” Wooyoung try to resist the temptation with all his might.

“Come on Wooyoung, it’ll be all the ice creams you can eat, Nichkhun will pay for you.” Junho says trying to convince Wooyoung.

“Why me?” Nichkhun mouthed the words to Junho silently. Junho just shrugged it off and grin evilly. Wooyoung’s eyes gleams again. Dancing with limitless ice cream? The temptation is too strong for him to reject. He watches Nichkhun with hoping eyes. Nichkhun can feel himself literally melting under that gaze.

“O…ok…I’ll go.” Wooyoung answer clearly losing to the temptation. Junho smile triumphantly. Chansung shook his head.

“When it comes to convince people, Nuneo is the best. He’s such a devil.” Chansung thought to himself. Nichkhun can’t do anything but to comply with everything.

“Seriously, Junho’s good. He’s such a devil.” Nichkhun thought too.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Wooyoung and Chansung sits on one of the chair in the club while watching Junho explaining to Nichkhun how to dance properly.

“Seriously Khun, you should bend your leg like this, not like that.” They can hear Junho complaining voices once in a while. Wooyoung turns to look at Chansung who has been silence since they enter the club.

“What is your excuse, Channie?” Wooyoung said straight and sharp. Chansung gulps the knots in his throats. He watches Wooyoung feeling terribly guilty.

“I’ve been drinking with Nuneo…and…I guess I’m drunk…and…somehow I blurt it out toward Nuneo…” Chansung tries explaining slowly. Wooyoung massages his temple and sighing.

“Alcohol and you seriously don’t go well together Channie…and you know what dancing in clubs means to me…” Wooyoung said a bit sad. Chansung gulps guiltily again. Of course he knows.

Flashback…

“Udong lets go out and play…I’m bored.” Chansung said while rolling on the sofa in Wooyoung’s house. Wooyoung who was sitting on the floor turns around and asks.

“Where do you want to go?” he asks curious.

“Anywhere, since you move in with Taec hyung you rarely spent time with me.” Chansung start complaining. Wooyoung huff at Chansung complains.

“You’re the one who’s busy spending time with Jieun lately and you’re blaming me?” Wooyoung retorted back.

“…because she’s keep offering to buy me food. How can I say no to that?” Chansung explains back.

“Then go and play with her. I want to watch this movie.” Wooyoung reply and turns his head back to the TV. Chansung huff annoyed. He moves closer toward Wooyoung and hugs him tightly from behind. Skinships are natural in their family.

“Come on Udong, Jieun always brought me to feminine place that I’m afraid sooner or later I might end up being confuse with my gender, I need some male touch.” Chansung said almost begging. Wooyoung is weak with that kind of action.

“Fine, I’ll go.” Wooyoung said while standing up.

“Go and get ready.” Wooyoung said again. Chansung smile triumphantly.

“Don’t be too happy. I bet you learnt that move from Taecyeon.” Wooyoung said pouting. Chansung just smile sheepishly.

“Why you always learnt bad thing from him.” Wooyoung said whining.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Both Wooyoung and Chansung were standing in front of a club.

“This is a club…” Wooyoung said uncertain.

“Of course it is Udong.” Chansung answer excited.

“You told me we’re going to dance.” Wooyoung asks again, confuse.

“Of course we are.” Chansung said as a matter of fact.

“So why are we in front of a club?” Wooyoung asks unsatisfied.

“…Because we’re going to dance in a club. Come on Udong, do you expect us to go to the studio?” Chansung asks teasing.

“Of course I am…I told Taec we’re going there.” Wooyoung said a bit worried.

“Just this once Udong, Taec hyung wouldn’t know if we come back early. I’ll treat you later. Please.” Chansung said using the same tactic earlier. Wooyoung huff his breathe.

“Fine…but just this one time, ok?” Wooyoung said before complying with Chansung demand.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Apparently the club they were going was a kind of high class club. Usually only rich people went there. Chansung was screaming loudly toward Wooyoung who was dancing in the middle of the floor. Wooyoung was completely drowned in the music. They don’t know why, but after drinking a glass of what they think as cocktail, they feel high. Wooyoung was dancing, well practically grinding the man behind him. The man was touching every parts of his body.

At the furthest part of the club, Taecyeon was busy entertaining one of his father’s clients. He was trying to get the job done as soon as possible when he hears a familiar voice shouting familiar name. Taecyeon become curious so he excuse himself to go find the source of the voice. As he walks closer he saw Chansung on the chair half-conscious muttering…

“Udong…Udong…” Taecyeon hearts freeze at the name. He looks at where Chansung had been looking and there he saw Wooyoung was making out with some stranger on the dance floor. Taecyeon heart boil but more than that he feels hurt, Wooyoung lies to him. The last time Wooyoung text him, he said he was going to the dance studio. Taecyeon rush toward them and punch the guy. The guy stumbles down.

“What are you doing?” the guys shout but when he saw Taecyeon, he just walks away. Everybody becomes silent. Taecyeon looks at Wooyoung. Wooyoung look really drunk.

“What have you done Jang Wooyoung?” Taecyeon asks weakly. He is terribly hurt. Wooyoung who doesn’t understand what’s going on just grin sheepishly before losing consciousness.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

The next day, when he wakes up, Wooyoung feels like his head going to explode. He was going to get up when Taecyeon walks in bringing him breakfast and a hangover soup.

“T…Taec…”Wooyoung calls him, but Taecyeon didn’t say a word. Taecyeon just place the breakfast in front of Wooyoung before walking away.

“Is something wrong?” Wooyoung wonders. Wooyoung just enjoy the breakfast silently and when he finally finished all of the breakfast and come out to take care of the dishes, Taecyeon was already gone. Wooyoung feels something is terribly wrong. He begin to think what he had done wrong when Chansung come in. Wooyoung can sense from how Chansung looks at him, something bad must happen last night. Chansung starts explaining to him what really happen, almost crying because of the guilt and Wooyoung heart sunk at the truth.

After that, Wooyoung had been trying to told Taecyeon how he and Chansung ends up like that but he only receive silent treatment from Taecyeon. Taecyeon acts like he usually acts with him, minus talking and the silent treatment put pressure on Wooyoung. At the end, Wooyoung episodes of panic attacks strike backs after so long and Taecyeon consume by guilt, eventually talks to him again.

End of flashback…

Chansung looks at Wooyoung guiltily when he recalls the memories. Wooyoung and Taecyeon fights all because of him. Chansung remembers how Wooyoung promise to himself never to touch alcohol again and never to step foot inside a club again…and now they are all in the club again because of him. Chansung sense from Wooyoung’s movement how uncomfortable he is to be in there…and he decides that he must do something to redeem his mistake.

“Udong…lets go out and get some free air.” Chansung said while dragging Wooyoung out of the club living the Junho who was busy teaching Nichkhun how to dance properly.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

They are saying farewell to each other before Wooyoung and Nichkhun move back toward Nichkhun’s apartment. Junho and Chansung walks towards their car when suddenly Chansung voice shock Junho.

“I forgot to tell Nichkhun something…” Chansung said worriedly while hurrying toward the direction of Nichkhun and Wooyoung. Before Chansung mange to walk far, Junho stop him in his track.

“What is it Channie?” Junho asks curious.

“Well, when we’re in the club I drag Udong out and treat him to a bunch of ice creams to coax him, thank god that Taec hyung teach me that trick, but now I think that Udong is probably high on sugar…”Chansung said worried.

“Doesn’t he become sort of touchy when he’s high on sugar?” Junho asks unsure. Chansung nods vigorously. Junho smirks at the information.

“Don’t worry Channie, Khun can handle Wooyoung. He’ll understand.” Junho answer casually while dragging Chansung back to their car.

“But Nuneo…” Chansung try to protest.

“Aren’t Nichkhun and Taecyeon used to be good friends, Taec must had told him something.” Junho said while showing his signature grin.

“You’re planning something bad aren’t you?” Chansung asks knowingly.

“Who knows…?” Junho answer before they get into the car.

On the same time Nichkhun is leading Wooyoung into his apartment. Wooyoung just follow him silently from behind while hugging his chick plushy tightly. Once they enter the house, Nichkhun go to make some tea for both of them while Wooyoung stay silently on the sofa. When the tea is done Nichkhun pick them up and serve the tea on the table. Nichkhun was going to move back to his place when Wooyoung stop his movement. Wooyoung holds both side of his face and bringing his face until their eyes meet each other. Nichkhun hearts start to beat faster. Wooyoung smile sweetly at him before kissing him fully on the lips. Nichkhun can feel like something explodes inside him when their lips met. Wooyoung release him from the kiss for a while before he moves closer and start to kiss Nichkhun back. Before their lips meet, Nichkhun stops Wooyoung.

“Woo…Wooyoung? Are you ok?” Nichkhun can’t help but stutter. His face has turned completely red. Wooyoung doesn’t answer but only giggle. Nichkhun feels that something is wrong. Wooyoung’s lips are tempting him. However his conscience tells him to stop.

“This is not right.” Nichkhun thought. Nichkhun push himself away and go to wash his face in order to cool himself down. When he feels that his raging heartbeat has slow down, he gets back to where Wooyoung is. When he arrives he sees that Wooyoung has already fallen asleep.

………………………………………………………………………………………………………

Nichkhun carries Wooyoung to the bedroom and tuck him in. Nichkhun change his cloth into a more comfortable ones before he get on the bed too. Nichkhun was almost deep in sleep when he hears sobbing sounds. Nichkhun open his eyes to look for Wooyoung and he see Wooyoung crouching on the floor at the corner of his room. Nichkhun get off from the bed and approach Wooyoung as fast as he can. He sees that Wooyoung is clutching his chest trying desperately to breath. His tears keep on falling. Nichkhun walks closer and start rubbing comforting circle on Wooyoung’s back.

“Do you have another nightmare, Wooyoung?” Nichkhun asks slowly. Wooyoung looks at him and continue sobbing.

“He’s not talking to me Khun…he hates me…” Wooyoung said almost crying. Nichkhun sighs weakly. He sits in front Wooyoung and brings him into a hug.

“You have to breathe Wooyoung…breath…” Nichkhun said trying to calms Wooyoung down. Wooyoung relax a bit and try to breathe properly.

“…Why would Taec hates you Wooyoung, he loves you…you know that, right?” Nichkhun said again. Wooyoung seems a bit calmer after he says that. Nichkhun smile a bit. Wooyoung has completely stopped sobbing by now. He stills taking a deep breathe but he’s stop clutching his chest.

“…and you can’t forget everybody else, they love you, and...I love you too…how can we leave you alone Wooyoung?” Nichkhun said continuing. Wooyoung doesn’t say anything but just keep staring at Nichkhun. Nichkhun smiles and pats Wooyoung hair.

“Now, does your chest feel better?” Nichkhun asks. Wooyoung simply nods. Nichkhun stands up and offer his hands to Wooyoung.

“Come on, let’s sleep. You wouldn’t want Chansung to see your dark circle right?” Nichkhun asks again. Wooyoung nods vigorously. Nichkhun just chuckle seeing Wooyoung action. Wooyoung was following him to the bed when Wooyoung pull his shirt from behind.

“What’s wrong Wooyoung?” Nichkhun asks curious. Wooyoung is bowing his head low and from the red on his ears Nichkhun knows that Wooyoung is blushing.

“Wh…Where’s chick?” Wooyoung asks for his chick plushy. Nichkhun can’t help but chuckle a bit.

“Wait here, I’ll take it for you.” Nichkhun said and leaving Wooyoung to take the plushy in the living room.