You're as Cold as Ice

You're as Cold as Ice

Cold. Icecold. It was everywhere, surrounding you like ivy that was growing really fast around your body. You couldn’t escape anymore, it would swallow you whole. Too late… Blackness again before a bright light appeared. It took a while for you to realize you were staring at the bright ceiling of your hospital room. It was good to know you didn’t imagine the part of them coming to save the both of you. ‘Both of you’ … the thought of the second person made your heart hammer in your chest. You got up instantly, feeling how your muscles were still fairly sore. It seemed insignificant though, since you were now looking at Himchan in the bed next to you. He seemed fine. Pale, but fine. It took a huge effort from you to get out of your bed and walk to his. But it was worth it. You took small, slow steps and eventually reached his bed.

Taking his hand in yours, you felt how his skin was now warm, warm and soft: the way it was supposed to be. You smiled happily, feeling tears well up in your eyes as you stared at his face. Suddenly, his eyes fluttered open. “______-ah?” he sounded so weak and tired. “Neh, it’s me.” You replied, tears streaming down your face. “Why are you crying?” he managed to bring out, you chuckled between your tears. Why ? he asked you? Why? Wasn’t that obvious? “Because you are okay silly.” You replied, giving him the most warm, sincere and happiest smile you could produce. His eyes got slightly wider before he spoke again. “Come closer…” he said, staring at your face. “Why?” you were the one to ask now. “Just do it.” he said, watching you come closer to his face with your own. “Closer.” Again you went closer. Then, with all the might he could probably manage in his current state, he pushed himself up, meeting your lips. His kiss was warm, soft and, well, way too short really. Unfortunately he was too weak to do much more, yet you still smiled happily at him afterwards. “Told you I would kiss you.” He chuckled. You giggled as you remembered his promise.