I'm too late...

Right In Front Of You

Mi Kyong's POV

I guess this week was like a friendship week, because this entire week, every day, I went out with Asa, Doojoon, and Junhyung. No kidding. Monday we went hiking, Tuesday we went shopping, Wednesday we went ice skating, and a whole bunch of other stuff. Just one thing I would've wanted during this week...

Yoseob.

This whole week, he's been absent. I've never seen him absent before. Not since the very first day I met him 4 years ago. And all of a sudden he disappears? Just then, my phone rang. It was Asa.

"Hello?"

"Mi Kyong-ah!", I heard Asa's cheerful voice say. "Let's go out! It's Saturday! We'll have an awesome way to end the week!" I've had a lot of fun this week, but at the same time I reallly missed Yoseob. I guess I just need to get my mind off of him, then. I sighed.

"Sure. Where are we going this time?"

"Just meet us at that one restaurant, the one we always wanted to go to."

"The fancy one on our school's street?"

"Yeah! That one!" I heard a smile on her face.

"Okay. I'll get dressed and meet you there at... 5?"

"Sounds good to me!", and she hung up.

I'm not really sure what that restaurant was called, all Asa & I knew was that it was fancy. Why would she want to eat there? Gah, best not to argue and just follow along. Am I supposed to dress fancy? No right? I mean, I'm just going to eat... I decided to stick with an off the shoulder crewneck, skinnies and high tops. At least I look decent. I grabbed my jacket, my phone, and some cash. I headed downstairs. "Eomma, Appa, going out again..." I guess my parents loved seeing me actually have a life, you know? They don't like seeing me all locked up in my room being a boring child. 

Appa looked up from his show. "Mi Kyong, be careful okay? And when it gets dark, I want someone to bring you home. Be home no later than 11." Eleven, huh. My parents sure trust me. Five hours.

Eomma smiled at me. "Have fun!" I smiled back at my parents.

"Bye, Saranghae!" With that, I exited out the door, starting to walk to the restaurant.

 

Yoseob's POV

I'm done! Finally done with my song! The flowers are still alive, in a vase, bright as ever. I also decided to buy Mi Kyong a ring. I smiled to myself. I spent a week writing lyrics, composing music, and everything. Considering I'm not such of a computer freak, it was so hard for me to get the right beats and all! But it was all worth it, I know Mi Kyong will LOVE it. 

FLASHBACK,

I stood outside of Mi Kyong's window, knocking on it, loud enough for her to hear, but not loud enough to wake her parents. "Mi Kyong!" I saw her go up to her window, rubbing her eyes.

"Oppa? It's 11, what are you doing here?! Aren't your parents concerned?" I smiled.

"Not the least bit. I came here to see you. Happy Birthday Mi Kyong!" I showed her the box in my hand. Inside was a big Hello Kitty doll. "Sorry i came so late, but I figured you'd be less busy at the moment. Except you know, busy sleeping."

"Your parents aren't worried that YOU, a thirteen year old boy, walked half a mile in the middle of the night?"

"Mi Kyong! Stop whining. Let me in." I flashed a wide grin as she opened her window.

"Oppa, what will my parents say when they find you in my house tomorrow morning?"

"Ah, Yoseob, such a good friend, surprise Mi Kyong!" I said teasingly. She laughed.

"Be quiet Oppa."

 

I remember that, the first time I visited her home. Ever since then, I've surprised her with random late-night visits. And what a better way to present her my song? Okay, tonight, 11. Go to her house with the flowers and ring. Put headphones in her ears with the acoustic of my song. Sing to her. And then the  happiness starts... Agh! I'm too excited for tonight! I haven't seen her in an entire WEEK! I sat there, fumbling with the flowers. Mi Kyong, saranghae...

Junhyung's POV

Apparently, Doojoon-hyung and Asa have set me up with Mi Kyong. How did they know I liked her? Am I THAT obvious? She's walking in... what do I do?! Does my hair look okay?! Eh...

"Junhyung?" I looked up. Gah. She's here.

"Ah, annyeong Mi Kyong..."

"Where's Asa and Doojoon?" What do I say? 'They set us up on a date'? Do I lie to her? I looked around sheepishly.

"I'm not sure either, they said to meet here." She looked at me with confusion and set her jacket on the chair.

"Erm, okay... Let's eat then I guess?" She looked really pretty today... even in such simple clothes. Her hair is straight, long, and shiny, her petite figure, and her face, it's just so pretty and cute at the same time! Shut up Junhyung. Min was never such a great girlfriend to you. She left you. And Mi Kyong might be the same... or not. "Junhyung?" I looked up.

"Neh?" She pointed to the waitress with her pen and pad in hand. Aish, when I was daydreaming it seems that Mi Kyong has already ordered. "I'll have bulgogi." The waitress nodded, going back to the kitchen.

"So... Junhyung." She looked downwards, fiddling with her fork. She seemed just as uncomfortable as I am. It's not the same as it was on Monday; throwing noodles at each other. 

"Mi Kyong, it seems as if we'll be here alone tonight... so we might as well enjoy it, right?" I smiled to make her a little more comfy. Eventually, we got into a really long conversation, we talked about our lives and such. She said she had this best friend, Yoseob. Yoseob. That name sounds so familiar... Ah. It's that "cute" kid every girl squeals at. 

"...And once, when we were 13, he surprised me, he showed up at my house 11 at night on my birthday." He seemed like a good friend to her... but real competition. I really really like her. I want her to be mine, and for her to have an amazing best friend like that? That's a GUY? They might as well be dating! I was jealous. Really jealous. She talked about him so much. But I just smiled. As we ate, she talked about so many things. Guess what they were all about? Yoseob.


We both got off of the bus, just a street away from her house. She said someone had to bring her home so I did. THIS is my moment. My chance. As we walked in silence, she was humming a soft, melodic tune that made her seem so innocent. We stopped in front of her house. She walked up to the door and turned to look at me.
"Thank you for bringing me home Junhyung." She slightly smiled.
"It's nothing really. You're welcome." I smiled back. We stood in silence for a while before I decided to break it. I took a deep breath, and looked into her eyes.

Yoseob's POV
I was hiding behind a bush. At first, I was standing outside of Mi Kyong's window for about 10 minutes. Her parents were sleeping, I assumed, and she hasn't answered my knocks so I assumed she was out. Mi Kyong and this one kid were talking. He looked serious. Wait a minute... He's familiar. Junhyung! Aigoo! Why him?! He has a terrible reputation! I don't want him hanging out near MY Mi Kyong!
"Will you go out with me?" I heard him say. I was about to scoff when I saw her say yes. She jumped up and down excitedly and hugged him. I looked down to the ground. I had a big bouquet of Firework flowers that I went to Chuncheon to get for her, a ring, and even a song I wrote for her...
Only to find out I'm too late.
I left the flowers and ring in front of the bush, no note or anything. It's not like it would have mattered anyways. I felt a surge of tears flow down my face as I walked away. The happy couple was too caught in the moment to even notice me.
"Mi Kyong... Saranghae", I whispered.
A/N: I realized I put Chuncheong in the last chapters with a "G" at the end. Bah, I'll change it another time, it's not what matters ;3 Anyways, I felt so sad having to leave Yoseob heartbroken ;____; Why Junhyung, why?! XD Pls comment :D I need feedback~ It's 12:21 also so... Goodnight. Hehe ^_^