The Basilisk

Hunter's Moon: Enforcers of light

    The early morning air carried a damp chill. its was still 30 minutes till sunrise. Three silhouettes could be seen jumping from tree to tree, almost too fast for the human eye to track.

“hurry up Sunny” Sooyoung whispered into the sensitive mic of her Black Casio communicator. “Its only another half mile, shorty”W0ADbNiK-_tWU7eUgQ8hKwoCuHzroWIX1-sD-eeh
“Yah, Shikshin!!” Sunny, a petite blonde, who was indeed lagging behind her comrades, shouted into her own communicator. Bright yellow. “its not my fault you're freakishly long legs, make you faster than me.”7oW6hU4TRB71qGvwwKtiAGV11aic5pILwSATIyFV
“I am not that tall” Sooyoung, rubbed her ear, their headsets were extremely sensitive, and Sunny’s outburst had almost popped her eardrums. “besides what kind of excuse is that, Taeyeon is barely taller than you, and I can barely keep up with her”

“Yah, don’t drag me into this” Taeyeon, stopped, and landed on a sturdy brand of a durian tree. “Now cool it, sensors indicate our target is located, at a clearing past this trees”

Taeyeon’s words had an immediate effect on Sunny, and Sooyoung who immidiatly cut off their bickering, their faces resolving into that of the professionals they truly were. They joined taeyeon on the Durian tree. The three girls were dressed in armored leather vest, Sooyoung wore matching leather pants, that hugged her lean legs. Sunny on the other hand wore a small skirt, and her legs were for the most part bare. Taeyeon was also wearing a skirt, slightly longer than sunny’s. All three were wore flexible boots, and all three were armed.QKQdEpATEWFVGqXMve237p1tVTQXZeX1hca2kGKz

“Alright here’s the battle plan” As leader Taeyeon, had spent much of the trip, planning their main offensive strategy. “Were facing a Class B Basilisk, that means its still in the rooster stage of its development.”bu9HwqIvNLnN_0py8B5B5sXQrQeRbbXctxKC-sdr
“we’ll use the Genetic Helix maneuver, Sunny, you’ll be the gene splitter” Taeyeon looked over at Sunny who was drawing her Chaos blades, giant short bladed cleavers. Bound to each other, and their wielder, by a mystical force. They were very heavy, and there was no armor capable of standing their might. nqlpMhR58JauhUJkCF6gRj3iYsBMzE0txqRDpKi2

Like most of their Weapons its was forged from a Blessed alloy, called Serene Silver. Sunny simply nodded, It was a maneuver they had perfected, over their many years at the Academy.

“Good, Sooyoung, and I will keep the monster's attention, while you get in position, don’t move until we incapacitate the beast.” Taeyeon looked at sooyoung, who was also drawing her weapon, a leaf shaped greek sword. Forged from Celestial Bronze, another substance deathly to the creatures they fought. Along with her sword she also carried a small bronze shield strapped to her left forearm.79VBdB-oIMTdiB488B-Bd3mma_pcdi299BN6tljEhlPHNH1r-gdCjVLbcj2p6FEoO-kLOiHWTaDbOjj8

“got it, just remember you're paying for dinner tonight, Oh exalted leader” Sooyoung teased Taeyeon, as she always did whenever Taeyeon gave Instructions to the two girls. “Lets go then”

Taeyeon drew her own weapon, a Serene Silver hand and a half sword, strapped to her back. The Blade was high density Serene Silver, and could pierce through most armors, and cut through most materials as if they weren’t even present. Plus the hilt hid a special surprize, in the shape of a combat knife, perfectly balanced for throwing.K6H3UMvXkIBUq2EqD7ObjpXrYWZQyPmtl6PsIQQ5

“lets go” Taeyeon dashed through the last few remaining trees, and burst into a large clearing, where the basilisk, was busy sharpening its large claws. a giant rooster, with a snake’s tail, roughly the size of a SUV.

As Taeyeon charged at the beast, with sooyoung at her side, the Basilisk turned deliberately towards them. its eyes were cold, and cunning. It may have been young for its species, but it was smart. The basilisk spread its wings, and Screeched a challenge at the approaching Girls.

Taeyeon being the fastest of the two, reached the beast first, and wasted no time attacking the basilisk right side. The beast simply nocked her back with a single flap of its large wings.

Sooyoung took advantage of the opening Taeyeon had created, and swung her Sword at the left wing of the basilisk.

The Honed edge of Sooyoung’s sword cut cleanly through feathers, and scales alike. blood poured out of the wing, like water from a faucet.

Enraged with pain the Basilisk struck with its deathly talons, only to be blocked by sooyoung’s shield, wasting no time sooyoung flipped over the basilisk’s claws, and kicked at its head. Sooyoung’s powerful kick cought the Basilisk right across its left eye, causing it to stagger back several paces.

Where Taeyeon awaited, Her sword flashed once as it whistled across the air. Leaving a small stump were the basilisk tail used to be.

Without its tail the basilisk was off balance, and was no match for the two girls. Sooyoung proceeded to cut the tendons of the left leg, while Taeyeon disabled the other leg, causing the basilisk to drop to the ground.

Sunny who had been holding back waiting for her opening, sprung at the basilisk neck, swinging her chaos blades in a wide double arch.

With a thump, the Basilisk head landed in the grassy clearing, no longer a part of its body. Blood squirted out of the beast neck. covering all three girls with gore.

“Anyone injured?” Taeyeon took stock of her own body, a few minor slashes, across her arm. She was covered in blood, but most of it seemed to belong, to the basilisk. “Sooyoung, Sunny?”

“I am fine, Taeng-chief” Sunny was happily cleaning the blood off, her chaos blades.

“Same here” Sooyoung was returning her already cleaned blade, to the sheath she wore at her left hip. With the hit of a button, her Shield collapsed back into her Wrist watch communicator.  

“Lets get to the Drop Zone” Taeyeon pressed a button on her Purple Communicator, and said. “HQ, this is  Slayer unit TSS, calling to HQ, mission objective accomplished, requesting pick up at designated drop zone”

“Very well Slayer unit TSS, Transport is inbound, ETA minus 10 minutes” The dispatcher’s voice come over their headsets. “good job girls, upon the completion of your first assignment”

The three girls gave a loud cheer, and plunged back into the forest canopy. Running at top speed towards their ride home, were a hot meal and shower awaited them, at S.M HeadQuarters.
----------------------------------------------------------------

Back at HQ, two girls looked at a bank of monitors. Were they had just observed TSS's first mission. A brunette, and a blond.

"They will do just fine" the blond said to the brunette. "have them meet us at noon at training site 9, for their first lessons with Paladins."

"Very well" the brunette answered, noting down the information on her clipboard. "Would you inform the rest of your unit, Jessica?"

"Yeah, I got it"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author Note

So I decided to rewrite this first chapter, to those who read the original how do you like this version? (to those who didn't read the first draft, how do you like this one?" let me know in the comments

My Goal is to publish 5-10 chapters by March 17, if at that point i don't have atleast 10 subscribers, I will stop publishing this story. Note I will keep writting, but not uploading to AFF. So if you want more subscribe. I appriciate any input. Also any one looking to chat SNSD message me, I am always in the mood to debate, or simply spazz out over SNSD.

 MoonPaladin out!!! Y(^o^)Y

~slays~