The first meeting

Beautiful Strangers

I just met him. In that short amount of time, a simple meeting. How could it have changed everything?


-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


It all started one particularly strange day. After staying late from school and feeling extremely exhausted, I was more than ready to go home, but I was trapped. Trapped at a bus stop sheltering myself as rain was pouring down terribly. I had already been waiting 20 minutes. I slightly felt frustrated as I mumbled out a few incoherent words.


“The rain is pouring quite heavily isn’t it?”  A soft yet charming voice spoke up which shocked me a bit.

Had someone been next to me the entire time? I thought to myself.
As I looked up towards the source of the voice, my eyes set upon a extremely alluring man. He hadn’t looked much older than me. As I assumed him to be probably at the age of 20. His jet black hair styled up nice and keen. His deep brown eyes in which at first seemed dead, but as I looked closer, they gleamed. His lips were tugged up, looking as though he was giving me a small smile. A face full of mystery, so exquisite. Simply dazzling. You could say that I had been enchanted. Not once in my life had I ever felt this way towards a man. Let alone a complete stranger. But the feeling that had began to engulf me, felt so surreal, so new. It was indeed shocking.
Realizing that I had been lost in the beauty of this man, I embarrassedly smiled at him and in his face, I saw amusement.


“It is indeed, but it’s frustrating, I’m exhausted and I would much rather be at home.” I said more confidently.

I was taken aback by my own tone, I had not stuttered once. Nor had my voice faltered back. Strangely, I sounded rather bold. That was quite rare as I was known for being quiet. Many took my quietness and repression as a bad thing.  Assuming that I was rather cold hearted and didn’t like socializing. But in all honesty, it was because I sounded like an idiotic fool each time I spoke due to my extreme shyness.


“Hmm, really? If you’re exhausted, you should come and take a seat next to me. Your bag looks quite heavy. It seems as though we’ll be stuck here for awhile.”  He said as he patted his hand on the empty space next to him while his face expressed a hint of warmth.

Had it been someone else, I would have never opted to take the seat next to him. This stranger, there was something about him. Something so compelling, it intrigued me.

Once I had sat down next to him, I felt strange. Instead of feeling uncomfortable and awkward. I had felt safe, secure and just pleasant. Why do I feel like this? I barely know him. He could be a crazed axe murderer for all I know, but deep down, I just knew that he wouldn’t hurt me. For some odd reason I trusted him and that was something rare coming from me.

As I looked up, I saw his eyes gazing at me. Slightly surprising me as a slight blush began to tint my cheeks.

“Um, is there something on my face?” I had asked sounding sheepish

“No. Actually, I was just admiring your beauty.” He answered suavely catching me off guard.

“Oh. Haha really? thanks.” I said as I showed him a sweet smile

I would have normally felt uncomfortable and awkward receiving such a direct statement from a complete stranger. But the way he had said it, in a tone so genuine and honest. I had actually felt flattered.

From then on, a comfortable silence had passed. Although it was ruined as a random clap of thunder exploded causing me to shriek in surprise.

He then chuckled as I looked down embarrassedly.

“You’re so adorable.

Yet again, a small compliment like that coming from him, had made my cheeks flush up.
It was peculiar. I normally receive more descriptive and sweet compliments yet they had no effect on me. But the small little things he had said, managed to flatter me and turn my face into a bright red tomato.

“I don’t see how a horrid shriek from my mouth can make me look adorable.” I sarcastically said as I gave him a playful smile

“Well everyone sees things different from one or another. It’s all based on their perspective.”

“True. So how come you’re here?

“Well i’m waiting for the bus.” He had said playfully as his lips tugged up showing a yet another timid small smile

“Well
obviously I know that. But I mean, actually no. Let me rephrase that. How’d you get stuck here?”

“Because it’s raining and I need a hiding place to keep myself dry.” He said teasingly. This time showing me a wide and charming smile that made my heart flutter.

“Aish. Stop trolling me. You know what I mean.” I said a bit frustrated while pouting

“Arasso, Arasso i’ll stop messing with you. Well I was just roaming around admiring the small beauty of Seoul and then it started raining horrendously. So here I am now.” He had said slightly dramatic. But as I looked in his eyes, it began to darken once again looking dead.

Although the sweet warmth in his eyes somehow faded no matter how hard I had tried to look for it, he still managed to look dashing. Absolutely
beautiful.

We then engrossed ourselves in small aimless conversations about each other. As the conversation progressed, I became more and more absorbed. His voice was gentle and soothing sounding like a sweet melody as he spoke. He was fascinating and charming absolutely marvelous. The more he had told me about himself, the more I began to get attached. It was strange, I barely knew him but I felt so deeply connected. Almost as if I had known him my entire life. What was even more strange was that I had began to tell him things about myself which was rare since I had rarely opened up to anyone let alone a
stranger that I had just met.

As we kept talking, the warmth and liveliness in his eyes began to appear once again. Making me feel extremely happy. But then it began fading as both of us noticed that the rain was beginning to subside.

“The bus should be coming soon.” I said slightly sad knowing that my time up with this magnificent stranger would be over soon.

“Soon isn’t fast enough.” He mindlessly said staring past my shoulders towards the distance.

As I turned to see what he was looking at, I knew his statement was correct. Soon actually wasn’t fast enough as I noticed the bus coming from the small distance. The closer the bus had got, the more the rain had begun to come to a stop. I suddenly began to feel my chest hurt with slight sadness as the fact that i’d probably never see him again after I get on the bus. The feeling began to become overwhelming, it was so new and strange.

“Well it was nice meeting you....” My voice had droned out once I had realized that during the entire time we both had conversed, I hadn’t known his name.

“Jongdae, Kim Jongdae. Or Chen for short.” He said showing me a ravishing smile. Once again charming me.

Just then the bus had pulled up and the rain was barely pouring and right then and there all the warmth in his eyes had left. Making his eyes look so dark, alone completely dead. The liveliness I had witnessed earlier also began fading

“Well then, It was a pleasure meeting you Chen.” I said.

Then walking to the bus as I reached the first step, I decided to look back and take one last look at him. I turned around and he gave me one last smile before the rain had come to a complete stop. And then,
he was gone.

“How did he disappear so quickly?”


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Much time had passed since meeting him, and not once had I seen him since then.
Yet, my heart yearns for him. I still don’t admit to being in love, as I am one to not know of that feeling. But he, could have been the one to ignite it.
Now as I look back remembering how he had magically appeared at the bus stop when I swore no one was there. Or how when the rain was at it’s strongest, he was at his highest peak of liveliness but as it came to a stop, his liveliness began to die out completely making a dramatic change which worried me oddly.

Although, I still wonder to myself, thinking how he had disappeared so quickly. Where could he have left to in those short few seconds? Or had I been imagining the entire meeting. Was it real or not, was
he real? I question that to myself often. Call me crazy, but deep down, I doubted that everything was fake.

Kim Jongdae, one meeting with this stranger, this man, this simply beautiful being. Has changed everything, after that occurrence. I knew things would never be the same.

All thanks to that
Beautiful Stranger.




-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A/N ; AND I’M FINISHED YAY. FIRST EVER ONE SHOT COMPLETE. <3333333 THANKS TOO ALL OF YOU WHO SUBSCRIBED! (: DON’T FORGET TO COMMENT YOUR OPINION. <33 How Chen disappeared so quickly is up for y’all to decide. ;D But maybe some little things that Sohee had said can lead you into why he disappeared so quickly. But if you absolutely can’t figure out why then message me. LOLOLOL <33 thanks for reading (: